Can you draw?

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
around winter all galleries look for prospects because they mostly do "group shows" around the christmas period.

or you are getting too big for a group show? :russ:

when you get some spare time i would really like to read about your journey, how you went from just drawing and sketches to deciding hey i want to paint? who were your first influences? who are they now?

props.

+ i will like to put you onto Michael Armitage. since i came across him a few years back, nothing but humility ever since. i think you would like his work, he tells a lot of stories like i try to. if you are tackling those bigger canvas's i think it would turn out very similar to Michael Armitage with a little twist lol.
Nope. Im down for them. Just aint none avail in the DMV area.

I picked up painting in college, because up to that point I only used markers, crayons, and graphite. So in painting class is where I guess it really started.

1st influences were Jacob Lawrence, Keith Haring, Augusta Savage, Aaron Douglas, Pablo Picasso, Cy Twombly and Jean-Michel Basquiat.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Nope. Im down for them. Just aint none avail in the DMV area.

I picked up painting in college, because up to that point I only used markers, crayons, and graphite. So in painting class is where I guess it really started.

1st influences were Jacob Lawrence, Keith Haring, Augusta Savage, Aaron Douglas, Pablo Picasso, Cy Twombly and Jean-Michel Basquiat.

interesting bro, really interesting props.

i am wondering where you got the technical nuance influence from on that list. of course piccasso but i am thinking Jacob Lawrence and Aaron Douglas from the works posted so far.

i like Robert Valley a lot, Frank Frazetta, Anthony Miccalef just the outlandish shyt lol.

i never come across a brother who was such a Twombly fan but Twombly is dope because i love that shyt, expressiveness.

i like a lot of female painters too ... Jessica Zoob and Joan Eardley.

anyway i will leave you be i can yap about this all day but when i get my hardboard coming in, i will try and ask you for some advice.

:salute:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
interesting bro, really interesting props.

i am wondering where you got the technical nuance influence from on that list. of course piccasso but i am thinking Jacob Lawrence and Aaron Douglas from the works posted so far.

i like Robert Valley a lot, Frank Frazetta, Anthony Miccalef just the outlandish shyt lol.

i never come across a brother who was such a Twombly fan but Twombly is dope because i love that shyt, expressiveness.

i like a lot of female painters too ... Jessica Zoob and Joan Eardley.

anyway i will leave you be i can yap about this all day but when i get my hardboard coming in, i will try and ask you for some advice.

:salute:
Twombly makes great "grafitti" marks on panel. Esp if you use spray paint, crayon, marker.

I thought Twombly was black at first cause his name didnt sound white at all. But I love his use of mix media alot.

I can talk art til the cows come home so you good.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Twombly makes great "grafitti" marks on panel. Esp if you use spray paint, crayon, marker.

I thought Twombly was black at first cause his name didnt sound white at all. But I love his use of mix media alot.

I can talk art til the cows come home so you good.

cool, what you think of Joan Eardley a british painter (one of my fav female painters ever, much influence.)

j_eardley_glasgow_tenements_webpic.jpg

2012AA00325-list.jpg

eardley-field.jpg

eardley-flowers-by-the-wayside.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5dfe9458-c270-11e6-9bca-2b93a6856354

Eardley-J.-Girl-in-a-macintosh.jpg

Four-Children-1962-to-2022-By-Kate-Downie-RSA-after-Joan-Eardley-Thumbnail_43328051-3bgoj6jt0-e1647736639777.jpg

the last piece is slight collage work, which is dope to me.

heard of paperfrank?

you got any pictures of paintings that are just incredible? like for you personally.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
a modern female painter killing it to me, is cristina banban. the voluptuousness in the figures and good color work.

Cristina_BanBan_studio.jpeg

5c8002c57fa44cbf46000060.jpg

59d4b0337fa44c45b8001761.jpg

:wow: :wow:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
cool, what you think of Joan Eardley a british painter (one of my fav female painters ever, much influence.)

j_eardley_glasgow_tenements_webpic.jpg

2012AA00325-list.jpg

eardley-field.jpg

eardley-flowers-by-the-wayside.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5dfe9458-c270-11e6-9bca-2b93a6856354

Eardley-J.-Girl-in-a-macintosh.jpg

Four-Children-1962-to-2022-By-Kate-Downie-RSA-after-Joan-Eardley-Thumbnail_43328051-3bgoj6jt0-e1647736639777.jpg

the last piece is slight collage work, which is dope to me.

heard of paperfrank?

you got any pictures of paintings that are just incredible? like for you personally.
Im not keen on Art from that side of the planet unless they made art history. Besides Art History and most pop artists, Im not too keen on art from elsewhere outside the States.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Im not keen on Art from that side of the planet unless they made art history. Besides Art History and most pop artists, Im not too keen on art from elsewhere outside the States.

:ohhh: interesting.

Reminds me of Michalengelo and Picasso's earlier works where the Women were painted big and buff like

yeah she's dope.

came across her work ... watching one of those youtube gallery shows/exhibits where they take a camera and go in shows and we get to see the works.

- James Kalm and a Mary something both have dope channels where i get to see a lot of great work.

you are sleeping if you are not taking in works from outside the states, i mean banksy is garbage but there is a solid african presence brewing.

the brothers and sisters in there alone works are heartfelt excellence.

signatureafricanart-kingsley-obasi-portrait-of-seigneur-2019.jpg

signatureafricanart-kingsley-obasi-portrait-of-salvator-2019.jpg

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
getting my delivery today before 5pm, i will add the pictures.

20x hardboard pieces at 84x117m cut to size.

after this i am getting the white coat for sealing and primming then the glue. opted out of mod-pudge and going with tacky glue or PVA glue. need something steady for the paperback to work off the wood.

IMG-20220712-071436-resized-20220712-071542076.jpg

anyway i will update later, props.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's been a while. It's something I started to pick up again last year, but work and photography got in the way, but I drew a lot in high school and through college

I drew this one in maybe 97 or 98. Either way I was in college and had a painting class. Which is how I ended up using oil paint for the tiles. I realized that mistake the next day and filed it away as fukked up. And it's been sitting in my important documents folder since then lol.

full

And this one is from 2020 when I was bored. Just sketching and bullshytting. I was going to scan it and finish it on my Wacom pad, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Along with drawing anything else. Most of my artistic free time goes to photography now. But I do want to get back into it.
full
This is a distinctly a late 80s/early 90s anime style and I love it

You ever see Lupin the 3rd?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This is a distinctly a late 80s/early 90s anime style and I love it

You ever see Lupin the 3rd?
Thanks breh😃! Rumiko Takahashi, Kenichi Sonoda and Masamune Shirow were my favorite creators at the time. And I've seen Lupin the 3rd in pieces. A movie here, an episode or two there. If I went to Palmer Video, and it was on the shelf, I most likely skipped right over it, and went for MD Giest, Dominion, Violence Jack or Lily Cat.