Can you draw?

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I really appreciate all of this bro i am taking notes, and made a note of the glues you recommended.

i am quite glad you and your professor are wood surface enthusiasts, the TOP5 paintings i have are all on wood.

i am not saying this for no other reason but truth and good karma. i think you are a multi-millionaire in the making now unfortunately the chances to get your receipts are few and far between but your skill set and execution match by your passion is ridiculous. i am due to go work in like an hour and i was working 2-shifts yesterday so wasnt on but what i am trying to say is on Tuesday i saw your paintings in the thread that was made on the front page before i left for work. i dapped them instantly and left with a slight pessimistic view of my future.

i am telling you it gave me a complex, because one thing is seeing dope excellence far away but right here close to "home" i saw that genius kings disease and the young dolph piece and knew instantly why i am not where i want to be. the competition is breath-taking and whats worse is sometimes you see works that dont make sense at shows.

ie. the banksy knock offs, the william de kooning knock offs and a new one murakami knock offs and all the minimalist jive and etc.

so i have been trying original story telling with my art like a rapper kicking a 16 over each canvas basically you inspired me real fast and i tucked into humility because bro ... the only difference from you and a well known painter like George Condo or something is opportunity. you need to go on instagram and get in swizz beats and dame dash DMs ... their great passionate art lovers with own gallery's.

i am not at that stage but you have been there and are there, i would really appreciate strategies on how to sling the work once its done. i can just reply to this thread and all that.

thank you so much for the advice, the input and kind words and your paintings. (it lit a fire in me)

anyway got to go punch-in-the-clock but i hope to catch you around when next you are around. i am always about sometimes i take a while off not for no reason other than i have to work/write or do something but i dont leave so i hope to chop it up again with you, its been great.

:salute: :salute:
You mentioned Condo and some folks say it reminds them of Condo.

20210516-152719.jpg

And yea man you got what it takes to make it in the art world. Like I tell people..fine has been dumbed down so anybody can make money. They had a 6yr old kid slangin art for cash. Geaux get tha money!

"It takes courage to be an artist." -Matisse.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Preciate it folk🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿 yes. Museums need provenience (sp), which shows a track record of the piece's exhibitions and displays. Galleries def provide that and assurance that the work you getting is genuine. Now there are some galleries that are figazi, but we talking about what they posed to do tho..

Do you need galleries to sell? No. Bjt if I tell you work is 20K out my studio and you dont know about me you wont pay. But let that same work be in a gallery, you gon pay 20Kcausethe gallery validates my work. Thus you can get famous solo, but its easier through galleries.

Musuems aregreat for big art shows and get MEDIA EXPOSURE and Newspaper clippings.

Its all on the Artist. CauseGalleries will screw you, but artists screw galleries too. This business is cut throat but worth it if you are serious about your shyt.

Yeah you on a different level I got a lot to learn lol. Im not much of a painter, I just got sketchbooks full of work. And only bought an iPad back in October. Is there room for digital at these art shows/galleries? I guess I would have to print everything out right

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
my nikka your regular IG should be your art page. You already got a network to build from.

Yeah I feel stupid now thinking about it. I've been doing all this youtube research and they give advice on starting a "business" page and none of it has been working. You guys opened my eyes up.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Yeah you on a different level I got a lot to learn lol. Im not much of a painter, I just got sketchbooks full of work. And only bought an iPad back in October. Is there room for digital at these art shows/galleries? I guess I would have to print everything out right
In the museum in DC they digital art up. Im sure there is a lane for applied arts. You should def geaux talk to a gallery to see wassup.

I treat the art game like the drug game.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah I feel stupid now thinking about it. I've been doing all this youtube research and they give advice on starting a "business" page and none of it has been working. You guys opened my eyes up.

You live and you learn fam. Its all good.
As an artist you have to sell yourself anyway. Being able to draw just enhances all the other cool shyt about your personality. So if you popular, learn to leverage that shyt and find your lane.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
You mentioned Condo and some folks say it reminds them of Condo.

20210516-152719.jpg

And yea man you got what it takes to make it in the art world. Like I tell people..fine has been dumbed down so anybody can make money. They had a 6yr old kid slangin art for cash. Geaux get tha money!

"It takes courage to be an artist." -Matisse.

this is better than condo bro, ... not disrespecting condo but his stuck in the same expressive lane. same cartoon-esque paintings with homage to certain painters he likes like picasso and kooning. i think his stifled creatively maybe all them showbiz bashes but i dont know. your work is just way more vibrant and thats an easy compliment but all of us can see the vibrancy comes with high skilled execution. your figure game nice :wow::wow:

i cant wait to get these hardboards in next week, and take the summer off doing this.

please if you have anymore paintings, flood this thread. nothing better than sitting back on a sunday gracefully enjoying life.

i like the daunting face on the figure, it reminds me of an old painting i did (below) :

gallery2%2B079.jpg

gallery2%2B083.jpg

anyway i love illustrations and the space in the art world for a new form of creativity, a movement, like dadaism surrealism whatever lol ... call it hiphopism.

where we can combine our favorite influences and depict styles of various kinds on the same canvas, like your typical hiphop record. no one is pushing that modern day interpretations with modern techniques. wouldnt it be dope to see some kind of ernie barnes combined with paperfrank with the brush strokes of vermeer and etc.

IMG_20210314_073421_resized_20210320_022554923.jpg

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
this is better than condo bro, ... not disrespecting condo but his stuck in the same expressive lane. same cartoon-esque paintings with homage to certain painters he likes like picasso and kooning. i think his stifled creatively maybe all them showbiz bashes but i dont know. your work is just way more vibrant and thats an easy compliment but all of us can see the vibrancy comes with high skilled execution. your figure game nice :wow::wow:

i cant wait to get these hardboards in next week, and take the summer off doing this.

please if you have anymore paintings, flood this thread. nothing better than sitting back on a sunday gracefully enjoying life.

i like the daunting face on the figure, it reminds me of an old painting i did (below) :

gallery2%2B079.jpg

gallery2%2B083.jpg

anyway i love illustrations and the space in the art world for a new form of creativity, a movement, like dadaism surrealism whatever lol ... call it hiphopism.

where we can combine our favorite influences and depict styles of various kinds on the same canvas, like your typical hiphop record. no one is pushing that modern day interpretations with modern techniques. wouldnt it be dope to see some kind of ernie barnes combined with paperfrank with the brush strokes of vermeer and etc.

IMG_20210314_073421_resized_20210320_022554923.jpg

We gotta get you in galleries. ASAP.

Appreciate the love brother!!!🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

The thing about it I wasnt even thinking Condo, just wanted to do Vodou and add in a fertility doll to the mix. It was my dealer who noticed the Condo-esque like in the face.

Do you brace your hardboard or frame it?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
We gotta get you in galleries. ASAP.

Appreciate the love brother!!!🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

The thing about it I wasnt even thinking Condo, just wanted to do Vodou and add in a fertility doll to the mix. It was my dealer who noticed the Condo-esque like in the face.

Do you brace your hardboard or frame it?

lol maybe start of next year, if i try real hard and by the grace of God do some good works.

you have a plug? lol ... thats great. the climate to me is such uncharted waters because i have only really made money off a few paintings but before it was myspace doing t-shirts, sneaker designs and silly stuff like that but it was a little earner. now thats gone and i dont know how to utilize instagram i am stuck with just emailing galleries and shows. i emailed over 150 ... got only 3 or 4 responses lol.

i was using mdf wood for the paintings through these pages, outside paperback work but with this new 20x pieces i am doing (props for inspiration) i will be framing them in all white frames like Paul Gauguin works.

- first get the 20x hardboard pieces at custom size i ordered.
- buy the glue (for all the collage work on paperback)
- do the paintings on them.
- frame them in all white.

looking forward to it, and especially knowing i can drop some pics on the coli and if you are about i can get some great critique.

526025127.jpg

20220418-150652.jpg

so powerful :wow: :wow:

everything is an synchs into a pattern even the sun coming through over the graveyard like gates, with the tenements to the right. its dope bro.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
In the museum in DC they digital art up. Im sure there is a lane for applied arts. You should def geaux talk to a gallery to see wassup.

I treat the art game like the drug game.

Ima make that happen. Some dude at my job just commissioned me to draw something for him just off word of mouth. There's money to be made that I've been missing

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
lol maybe start of next year, if i try real hard and by the grace of God do some good works.

you have a plug? lol ... thats great. the climate to me is such uncharted waters because i have only really made money off a few paintings but before it was myspace doing t-shirts, sneaker designs and silly stuff like that but it was a little earner. now thats gone and i dont know how to utilize instagram i am stuck with just emailing galleries and shows. i emailed over 150 ... got only 3 or 4 responses lol.

i was using mdf wood for the paintings through these pages, outside paperback work but with this new 20x pieces i am doing (props for inspiration) i will be framing them in all white frames like Paul Gauguin works.

- first get the 20x hardboard pieces at custom size i ordered.
- buy the glue (for all the collage work on paperback)
- do the paintings on them.
- frame them in all white.

looking forward to it, and especially knowing i can drop some pics on the coli and if you are about i can get some great critique.

526025127.jpg

20220418-150652.jpg

so powerful :wow: :wow:

everything is an synchs into a pattern even the sun coming through over the graveyard like gates, with the tenements to the right. its dope bro.
Yea man def got a plug. Funny story when I went to meet with my plug at her home. It was right when Dolph got killed. So naturally Im jamming Dolph and tickled at the fact the lyrics are somewhat mirroring what Im doing. Slangin P =Selling Art....Plug=Art Dealer...

Maaan there is a secret to meeting galleries on the cool. I geaux visit personally with work and lay it on the table with confidence. They need art to sell, you gotta make them want yours. So I also do a cosignment. Gift them a piece to sell. They sell it. They gon want more. If it dont sell oh well. Next I offer a live exhibition so they can see me work. Once that happens, then I try to schedule studio visits. After that we gon see about doing shows or they gon move my work.

Its like dating lol...some galleries are full and taken, so no new "artists call", some are just looking, some are open for a serious commitment, and some just wanna play games and cheat you out ya money.

Oh ok I see what you do...why the color white? I choose dark wood stain for my bracings makes it look very museum ready

20220120-021418.jpg

We dont need no framing round here for my art ya heard me? I hate frames lol.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Ima make that happen. Some dude at my job just commissioned me to draw something for him just off word of mouth. There's money to be made that I've been missing
Crazy amount of money and thats just black money. We aint even talking talking about African money of the Caribbean Money. So much money markets to get into.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
You live and you learn fam. Its all good.
As an artist you have to sell yourself anyway. Being able to draw just enhances all the other cool shyt about your personality. So if you popular, learn to leverage that shyt and find your lane.

True... now im wondering should I change my regular page to a business page... but that could possibly fukk up my regular algorithm. I'll probably just promote my art on it and see how that goes first.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Crazy amount of money and thats just black money. We aint even talking talking about African money of the Caribbean Money. So much money markets to get into.

I gotta learn the pricing game. I haven't even gave dude a price yet but he said he doesn't care he's willing to pay just off the strength that he likes my art.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I gotta learn the pricing game. I haven't even gave dude a price yet but he said he doesn't care he's willing to pay just off the strength that he likes my art.
I charge $3.00 per/sq. inch. But Ive seen folk charge anywhere from 5 to 10. But them boys dont even be in museums of galleries. Its honestly what they gon pay. Im fair and just with my pricing. I do hiwever increase the price on all my work depending on career marks, i.e. awards, museums shows, ijternment of works in museums, collabing with famous artists etc etc.

I did get a chance to show Lisane Basquiat my Jimi Hendrix piece I did.