20201223-011901.jpg

The Voodoo Child

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
True... now im wondering should I change my regular page to a business page... but that could possibly fukk up my regular algorithm. I'll probably just promote my art on it and see how that goes first.

I actually ended up doing that because the business page gives you more stats and shyt on how to run it. The thing is the algorithm shyt don't even matter like that no more since they done fukked with it too much already. Its set up now for you to run ads if you want to reach a certain amount of people in your audience.

it makes shyt harder to go viral on IG/FB....thats why I use Twitter more. I have a lesser following on there but I'm more known there and get better engagement when I post my art. I look at it like this..

IG/FB is for your personality and to build a decent gallery you can whip out and show folks on your phone.

Twitter/Tik Tok is for you to expand your reach/blow up or go viral.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
my michael jackson joint, others would have seen this but let me see what PortCityLouCooperRoad feels about this :

1mj.jpg

2mj.jpg

3mj.jpg

getting the hardboard in next week and the glue, going to wait till i am fully off with space and then get to work over these new pieces.

have to get a bunch of tools and mediums, make these 20x the best work of my life. :salute:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
my michael jackson joint, others would have seen this but let me see what PortCityLouCooperRoad feels about this :

1mj.jpg

2mj.jpg

3mj.jpg

getting the hardboard in next week and the glue, going to wait till i am fully off with space and then get to work over these new pieces.

have to get a bunch of tools and mediums, make these 20x the best work of my life. :salute:
The visuals remind me of Monet. Some Impressionism geauxin on there.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
let me just add some old pieces i sold before i moved :

aa1.jpg

aa18.jpg

and the big joint :

gallery1-001.jpg
When you start puttimg ya work out there, you gon see how easy it is to sell, and get recognition. Plus when you see the talent level of ya competition too and what they sell for, will imstantly motivate you.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
The visuals remind me of Monet. Some Impressionism geauxin on there.

i appreciate that i will have to do my googles on the highlighted lol.

When you start puttimg ya work out there, you gon see how easy it is to sell, and get recognition. Plus when you see the talent level of ya competition too and what they sell for, will imstantly motivate you.

yep its just been so far word of mouth and the odd socialhub advert but its something.

there is this place in bricklane thats east london its big on street art and contemporary everything, i am trying to get a foot in the door.

they said i could pay for a space at a showing and they guarentee my online presence increase meaning more followers on instagram and what not.

would you do it?

landscape-and-wop-35.jpg

7583942800_2D3A0653.jpg

4c7d24a4-e849-4914-bc95-86a8d7b83b8c_image_jpeg.jpg

i forget a certain amount of square space for like 450 or something. i can find the letters but i think its roughly that cost ... no gallery commission too.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
i appreciate that i will have to do my googles on the highlighted lol.

yep its just been so far word of mouth and the odd socialhub advert but its something.

there is this place in bricklane thats east london its big on street art and contemporary everything, i am trying to get a foot in the door.

they said i could pay for a space at a showing and they guarentee my online presence increase meaning more followers on instagram and what not.

would you do it?

landscape-and-wop-35.jpg

7583942800_2D3A0653.jpg

4c7d24a4-e849-4914-bc95-86a8d7b83b8c_image_jpeg.jpg

i forget a certain amount of square space for like 450 or something. i can find the letters but i think its roughly that cost ... no gallery commission too.
Thats a pay to show place. If you can afford it...do it. I never did a pay to show gallery. Depending how much id give it thought tho.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Thats a pay to show place. If you can afford it...do it. I never did a pay to show gallery. Depending how much id give it thought tho.

yep.

they said they can increase followers and etc, that alone is dope.

yes i can afford it, i have only like 8 paintings i am going to be doing 20 collage pieces 84mx117m which hopefully will be finished by christmas.

- i have done community shows and group shows at galleries, never hosted by own show though.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
yep.

they said they can increase followers and etc, that alone is dope.

yes i can afford it, i have only like 8 paintings i am going to be doing 20 collage pieces 84mx117m which hopefully will be finished by christmas.

- i have done community shows and group shows at galleries, never hosted by own show though.
I havent shown this year at all. Smh...aiming for next year tho fa sho.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I havent shown this year at all. Smh...aiming for next year tho fa sho.

around winter all galleries look for prospects because they mostly do "group shows" around the christmas period.

or you are getting too big for a group show? :russ:

when you get some spare time i would really like to read about your journey, how you went from just drawing and sketches to deciding hey i want to paint? who were your first influences? who are they now?

props.

+ i will like to put you onto Michael Armitage. since i came across him a few years back, nothing but humility ever since. i think you would like his work, he tells a lot of stories like i try to. if you are tackling those bigger canvas's i think it would turn out very similar to Michael Armitage with a little twist lol.

Last edited: