Daps
Kind of an older sketch I never did anything with:

headshot.jpg

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
purely amazing bro ! again you came with it.

you should try see if young dolphs widow is interested in one of your paintings anyway really ill stuff.

I sent her the image and told her its free for her to have. But its 96x60 and huge.

Id wish the galleries Im in was more kind to artistic expression tho.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I sent her the image and told her its free for her to have. But its 96x60 and huge.

Id wish the galleries Im in was more kind to artistic expression tho.

thats dope you should try india westbrooks she loves art especially if its catered towards her.

what you mean by the highlighted "kinder to artistic expression" ... they want you just doing portraits? :lupe:

i like your stories within the paintings, i like the velocity you know its dope. please drop more pictures of paintings if you have or when you're doing a new collection or something.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
thats dope you should try india westbrooks she loves art especially if its catered towards her.

what you mean by the highlighted "kinder to artistic expression" ... they want you just doing portraits? :lupe:

i like your stories within the paintings, i like the velocity you know its dope. please drop more pictures of paintings if you have or when you're doing a new collection or something.

Black galleries cater to black clients. Usually upper-middle class and middle class. Those with money want stereotypical black art. Civil Rights Leader art, paintings of black children, people at the dinner table and religious art.

All weak shyt. So when these galleries get young black artists we dont mesh well with the clients alot. There is a lot of push back on that Dolph piece because of its size and the subject matter. They love the aesthetics...just wish it was Marvin Gaye instead or Stevie Wonder. Thus they wont put in their gallery. No matter how good it looks.

Its frustrating sometimes dealing with black art collectors.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Black galleries cater to black clients. Usually upper-middle class and middle class. Those with money want stereotypical black art. Civil Rights Leader art, paintings of black children, people at the dinner table and religious art.

All weak shyt. So when these galleries get young black artists we dont mesh well with the clients alot. There is a lot of push back on that Dolph piece because of its size and the subject matter. They love the aesthetics...just wish it was Marvin Gaye instead or Stevie Wonder. Thus they wont put in their gallery. No matter how good it looks.

Its frustrating sometimes dealing with black art collectors.

ok i gotcha makes perfect sense, but i think there is a tide coming round the corner with contemporary art i believe with your skill-set you will eat in the upcoming climate. galleries are getting braver enough to showcase mavericks not just established names, so just need a consistent set of paintings and you will be eating fat.

another dope new black artist eating i just came across not too long ago ... genesis tramaine. she is a bit out there verbally with her talk but her art work is amazing i am interested to know what you think of it?

props.

genesis-tramaine-edition-interview-512x512-c.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

EJgG2NxWwAEPNtg.jpg

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
ok i gotcha makes perfect sense, but i think there is a tide coming round the corner with contemporary art i believe with your skill-set you will eat in the upcoming climate. galleries are getting braver enough to showcase mavericks not just established names, so just need a consistent set of paintings and you will be eating fat.

another dope new black artist eating i just came across not to long ago ... genesis tramaine. she is a bit out there verbally with her talk but her art work is amazing i am interested to know what you think of it?

props.

genesis-tramaine-edition-interview-512x512-c.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

EJgG2NxWwAEPNtg.jpg

Fun fact I actually was this close to meeting and collabing with Geneisis Tramaine. She wanted to visit my studio. I hope we can link up and create cause she paints big too!

Yea man these galleries are all about what sells, instead of selling art. So most Black Americans with money are old Baby Boomers and Silent Generation. They hate bright vibrant color and only focus on realism mostly.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Fun fact I actually was this close to meeting and collabing with Geneisis Tramaine. She wanted to visit my studio. I hope we can link up and create cause she paints big too!

Yea man these galleries are all about what sells, instead of selling art. So most Black Americans with money are old Baby Boomers and Silent Generation. They hate bright vibrant color and only focus on realism mostly.

:ohhh:

wow bro thats incredible, shes a bit out there with her style of talk but her paintings are just as out there. great pieces.

thats what i am saying with her, people like paperfrank and riley holloway and etc as well. hopefully more black americans seek the black contemporary arts.

i believe p diddy bought kerry james marshall's painting for 21 million. i hope that opens more doors.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:

wow bro thats incredible, shes a bit out there with her style of talk but her paintings are just as out there. great pieces.

thats what i am saying with her, people like paperfrank and riley holloway and etc as well. hopefully more black americans seek the black contemporary arts.

i believe p diddy bought kerry james marshall's painting for 21 million. i hope that opens more doors.

You think she out there??? Wait until you get me talking lol Im radical as fukk and def a megalomaniac.

****edit: Diidy buying that KJM piece was huge and major, but look at his age. We need 20s to 30s yr old black artists to pull in that kind of money. Tech we wont pull big bucks til our 40s with years under our belt. That shouldnt be.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
You think she out there??? Wait until you get me talking lol Im radical as fukk and def a megalomaniac.

****edit: Diidy buying that KJM piece was huge and major, but look at his age. We need 20s to 30s yr old black artists to pull in that kind of money. Tech we wont pull big bucks til our 40s with years under our belt. That shouldnt be.

yeah you're right but lucky for you painters get their biggest plaudits and profit as they grow older. think kooning, warhol, pollack, piccaso, mattise, monet, and many more even now with david hockney revival.

its not right but thanks to this instagram and tech age like you put it, there should be way more traffic for young black artists.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
yeah you're right but lucky for you painters get their biggest plaudits and profit as they grow older. think kooning, warhol, pollack, piccaso, mattise, monet, and many more even now with david hockney revival.

its not right but thanks to this instagram and tech age like you put it, there should be way more traffic for young black artists.

Right. Thats why Im hoping to get into a gallery in Cali and NYC. Once Im able to get there Im sure I can get some eyes on my art.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Right. Thats why Im hoping to get into a gallery in Cali and NYC. Once Im able to get there Im sure I can get some eyes on my art.

:salute: NYC and LA are perfect for you. all the dope artist exhibitions i see online like youtube gallery shows are mostly in NY or LA.

that and with all the group shows they are doing these days like art basel, art expo and etc. life is about adventure too so i wouldnt advise against going and you have the dope skills which is as important as opportunity.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
:salute: NYC and LA are perfect for you. all the dope artist exhibitions i see online like youtube gallery shows are mostly in NY or LA.

that and with all the group shows they are doing these days like art basel, art expo and etc. life is about adventure too so i wouldnt advise against going and you have the dope skills which is as important as opportunity.

Not exactly lol. I got beef with a gallery in NY already. Ol boy try to say Imma basquiat copier/clone and when he sees my next piece???

IM DECLARING WAR ON THE ART WORLD

Hannibal wont have shyt on me