Can you draw?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Not exactly lol. I got beef with a gallery in NY already. Ol boy try to say Imma basquiat copier/clone and when he sees my next piece???

IM DECLARING WAR ON THE ART WORLD

Hannibal wont have shyt on me

chris-farley-sunglasses.gif

:russ: but i like it. it will give you more passion and desire and that makes for a great piece. at least you are getting recognition its not quite complete if you dont get those bumps on the road.

keep it up bro :salute:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
chris-farley-sunglasses.gif

:russ: but i like it. it will give you more passion and desire and that makes for a great piece. at least you are getting recognition its not quite complete if you dont get those bumps on the road.

keep it up bro :salute:

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ

Lets get this money together brother! And yea Imma really geaux at these folk necks with this piece. I cant wait to start it.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ

Lets get this money together brother! And yea Imma really geaux at these folk necks with this piece. I cant wait to start it.

for sure and make sure you drop a little something for us to view, when you get to working.

i got work on Saturday and after that i am hoping by September i will have the time to take the whole winter off to work on this new collection.

until then i am getting as much inspiration as i can, its really roll the dice big time in terms of is this a viable lane for me to earn a decent amount from?

i hope coli will let me know what they think possibly by the "grace of God" the collection will be done for December 2022 or January 2023.

:salute: :salute:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
for sure and make sure you drop a little something for us to view, when you get to working.

i got work on Saturday and after that i am hoping by September i will have the time to take the whole winter off to work on this new collection.

until then i am getting as much inspiration as i can, its really roll the dice big time in terms of is this a viable lane for me to earn a decent amount from?

i hope coli will let me know what they think possibly by the "grace of God" the collection will be done for December 2022 or January 2023.

:salute: :salute:

How many pieces you plan on doing?

***edit: Are you int the States or Overseas? I believe you told me and I forgot. If you in the States Imma slide you my number incase you need help with anything art wise.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
How many pieces you plan on doing?

***edit: Are you int the States or Overseas? I believe you told me and I forgot. If you in the States Imma slide you my number incase you need help with anything art wise.

you're kind bro.

i am in the UK, London to be exact but i do seek advice please?

to answer your question i plan on doing the 18 collages pieces i have already stuck down, there are 2 blank pieces left which i will do a traditional oil painting on.

my question is, in your opinion for this work i am doing which is on 260gsm paper very strong paper made for all sorts of paints. what medium would you use?

i am going to get oil paints and some spray paints, not sure if the surface would be suitable for some oil pastels?

so to sum up lol, what medium should i use for this project? thank you.

IMG-20220811-143745-resized-20220811-023809036.jpg

this is an example like the previous page of the collages, and what i am trying to embark on. :salute:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
you're kind bro.

i am in the UK, London to be exact but i do seek advice please?

to answer your question i plan on doing the 18 collages pieces i have already stuck down, there are 2 blank pieces left which i will do a traditional oil painting on.

my question is, in your opinion for this work i am doing which is on 260gsm paper very strong paper made for all sorts of paints. what medium would you use?

i am going to get oil paints and some spray paints, not sure if the surface would be suitable for some oil pastels?

so to sum up lol, what medium should i use for this project? thank you.

IMG-20220811-143745-resized-20220811-023809036.jpg

this is an example like the previous page of the collages, and what i am trying to embark on. :salute:

For that heavyweight paper you can use any media you want. Since you draw more than paint, I suggest the good ol neo expressionism media:
Oil Sticks.

That Dolph piece I just did is majority oil stick in his imagery.

Oil sticks is like a big ass crayon that you can paint with

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
For that heavyweight paper you can use any media you want. Since you draw more than paint, I suggest the good ol neo expressionism media:
Oil Sticks.

That Dolph piece I just did is majority oil stick in his imagery.

Oil sticks is like a big ass crayon that you can paint with

i appreciate this.

i was just going to get oil paints, the basic colors of acrylics like black white red yellow and then some spray paint.

i use posca paint markers when i am drawing out the pieces i am painting, but i think there is a better technique suited for me.

this collage work is new for me because i just normally paint on a wood canvas, this time i have stuck different images on paper to paint over.

this is an example of my old work, this is just painting.

IMG-0662.jpg

IMG-0661.jpg

i think i have gotten better for sure over the last 2 years and cant wait for this collection to be complete.

going to brush up on oil stick techniques on youtube because i am not too familiar with that medium, i know jean-michel loved it lol.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
i appreciate this.

i was just going to get oil paints, the basic colors of acrylics like black white red yellow and then some spray paint.

i use posca paint markers when i am drawing out the pieces i am painting, but i think there is a better technique suited for me.

this collage work is new for me because i just normally paint on a wood canvas, this time i have stuck different images on paper to paint over.

this is an example of my old work, this is just painting.

IMG-0662.jpg

i think i have gotten better for sure over the last 2 years and cant wait for this collection to be complete.

going to brush up on oil stick techniques on youtube because i am not too familiar with that medium, i know jean-michel loved it lol.

Oil Sticks was invented for Picasso and only for Picasso. I believe he never used paint brushes once he got oil sticks. I was looking at his cubist pieces the ones not to analytical, mostly his female portraitures. I think he drew them instead of using a brush.

Also Basquiat did make them popular again to use, along with crayons and spray paint....hence why most art in 2022 will have mixed media in it. The changing of the guard of times.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Oil Sticks was invented for Picasso and only for Picasso. I believe he never used paint brushes once he got oil sticks. I was looking at his cubist pieces the ones not to analytical, mostly his female portraitures. I think he drew them instead of using a brush.

Also Basquiat did make them popular again to use, along with crayons and spray paint....hence why most art in 2022 will have mixed media in it. The changing of the guard of times.

wow i never knew that history about oil sticks, going to really look up if that could benefit me.

most 2022 is mixed media based with most leaning to majority oils so they get in the galleries and sothebys lol. i am mixed media myself but need oil presence. oil shines and i would love to master it too. do pieces like vemeer but modern interpretations with a hiphop commentary lol.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
wow i never knew that history about oil sticks, going to really look up if that could benefit me.

most 2022 is mixed media based with most leaning to majority oils so they get in the galleries and sothebys lol. i am mixed media myself but need oil presence. oil shines and i would love to master it too. do pieces like vemeer but modern interpretations with a hiphop commentary lol.

Oil stick will get you there. Best brands Sennilier and R&F. I got both. But buy 3 black oil sticks. You will use that one the most.