Can you draw?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
They work is nice but my bulk work moves away from realism. I do realism every now again to keep my skills sharp. But I do like the abstraction of Blackwell his art reminds of Goya. The darkness of it in color not tone.

i saw your piece on the previous page looks like basquaits "blue skull" which is very very high praise.

even though technically you are by far more gifted, i was very interested that you havent lost you surrealist/abstract type approach even though you have the technical skills of a fine art still life drawer.

i would like to combine my work with more high end execution in regards to blending styles.

i take it you are a hiphop music fan as am i, so wouldnt it be dope to go to shows or exhibitions where hiphop painters are doing pieces with influences from all disciplines and styles. like an MPC sampler with the paint brush, that be dope. i think you are on that road!

thats why its dope you use oils now your art is priceless, because with other mediums like acrylic there is a cap on what you can get for it but it looks like them millions are coming your way bro! i mean that with full sincerity i paint myself and draw.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I have a regular IG with 4000 followers and people usually pay attention when I post. But since making an art page I only have like 88 followers. Its kind of frustrating. I keep wondering if I should just post my art on my regular page like I used to. I always used to get people asking me to draw shyt for them when I posted on my main page. Im extremely active
Geaux where the money is. Use both pages. Nut make sure you champion ya business page. You got good problems as an artist.

If you do that you should be fine moving forward. 4K followers is great.

You do art shows or in any galleries?

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
i saw your piece on the previous page looks like basquaits "blue skull" which is very very high praise.

even though technically you are by far more gifted, i was very interested that you havent lost you surrealist/abstract type approach even though you have the technical skills of a fine art still life drawer.

i would like to combine my work with more high end execution in regards to blending styles.

i take it you are a hiphop music fan as am i, so wouldnt it be dope to go to shows or exhibitions where hiphop painters are doing pieces with influences from all disciplines and styles. like an MPC sampler with the paint brush, that be dope. i think you are on that road!

thats why its dope you use oils now your art is priceless, because with other mediums like acrylic there is a cap on what you can get for it but it looks like them millions are coming your way bro! i mean that with full sincerity i paint myself and draw.
You mean this piece?

20210511-181119.jpg

This is a self portraiture. This piece is called, "King's Disease." Its about everything dealing with being black and great in this country...its a "King's Disease." Im also a huge fan of Cy Twombly, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Pablo Picasso, Keith Haring, Augusta Savage, Aaron Douglas, Jacob Lawrence...I find myself using lil aspects of theirs and making it mine.

In this piece you can see my use of collage, color, and street elements from all the years I spent in the coty of Baltimore at Morgan State. Met alot of grafitti artists in that city. The markings and asemtic writing is Twombly influenced, the cubism is Picasso, the use of dissection in the face is Basquiat influenced.

The use of bold blackness is Jacob Lawrence influenced.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
You mean this piece?

20210511-181119.jpg

This is a self portraiture. This piece is called, "King's Disease." Its about everything dealing with being black and great in this country...its a "King's Disease." Im also a huge fan of Cy Twombly, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Pablo Picasso, Keith Haring, Augusta Savage, Aaron Douglas, Jacob Lawrence...I find myself using lil aspects of theirs and making it mine.

In this piece you can see my use of collage, color, and street elements from all the years I spent in the coty of Baltimore at Morgan State. Met alot of grafitti artists in that city. The markings and asemtic writing is Twombly influenced, the cubism is Picasso, the use of dissection in the face is Basquiat influenced.

The use of bold blackness is Jacob Lawrence influenced.

yeah this piece. its dope bro!

i am so shocked in seeing Cy Tombley name there, you would think he was a woman with the expressive ways he uses to communicate. i prefer the women who do that style like joan eardley and etc because often CY can give you some "well not so great" moments. i will check out some of the artists you have mentioned that influenced you.

really dope especially that young dolph piece, what is your favorite piece you have ever done or ... most sentimental?

5pac.jpg

1pac.jpg

2pac.jpg

3pac.jpg

4pac.jpg

this piece called "life of sin" is around 5 years old. its one of my TOP 5 pieces.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
yeah this piece. its dope bro!

i am so shocked in seeing Cy Tombley name there, you would think he was a woman with the expressive ways he uses to communicate. i prefer the women who do that style like joan eardley and etc because often CY can give you some "well not so great" moments. i will check out some of the artists you have mentioned that influenced you.

really dope especially that young dolph piece, what is your favorite piece you have ever done or ... most sentimental?

5pac.jpg

1pac.jpg

2pac.jpg

3pac.jpg

this piece called "life of sin" is around 5 years old. its one of my TOP 5 pieces.

20210508-215018.jpg

This is my favorite piece. Its pure Vodou and Hoodoo. It is also collected at the New Orleans Museum Of Art in New Orleans, LA.
It's titled, "Maman Brigitte: Maman's Day" 48x72 Mixed Media on Wood Panel. Tbis isnt my fave or most sentimental. But its my most acclaimed as of to date.

Lets talk about you now.

Are you in galleries? Done any shows?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
20210508-215018.jpg

This is my favorite piece. Its pure Vodou and Hoodoo. It is also collected at the New Orleans Museum Of Art in New Orleans, LA.
It's titled, "Maman Brigitte: Maman's Day" 48x72 Mixed Media on Wood Panel. Tbis isnt my fave or most sentimental. But its my most acclaimed as of to date.

Lets talk about you now.

1. you use wood panel? thats cool i often use wood panels more cost effective than linen and etc.

2. that piece is dope, i noticed a lot of african artist are adopting the halos into their works ... i am not sure when i started noticing that but dope.

3. i am not in any galleries i have had a few shows last one was 2 or 3 years ago the christmas before covid19 (which was in march 2020)

4. you mentioned collage work on your KIngs Disease piece ... what glue do you prefer to put paper onto wood some are better than others.

i asked this because my new project are all these sketches and doodles with watercolors and etc i have done over the years. mostly mood based explorations ... i have been looking at online tutorials and trying to figure out the best glue to use for the new pieces. i have coming in 20x hardboard canvas's 84mx117m and want to make these 20 works the best i have done.

IMG_20220604_150112_resized_20220605_071149682.jpg

so i am going to glue it down, and get real creative with the oils pastels maybe a bit of spray paint.

so the mess you are looking at above is just random illustrations and paintings over the last few years as the background.

i will use the oils/etc once glued down to hardboard to make a main cohesive image from what i conjure up.

the paper is 260gsm A2 and it takes 4 of them to make a solid 84mx117m so i have enough for 20x works with a couple papers left over.

i plant to do more online based pitching, but i have to see what these new joints look like.

there is a show in east london that invited me over for residency but you have to pay for the show set up :russ:

trying to say i am not doing much but waiting on new stock and working punching in the clock, day dreaming on duty :russ:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Geaux where the money is. Use both pages. Nut make sure you champion ya business page. You got good problems as an artist.

If you do that you should be fine moving forward. 4K followers is great.

You do art shows or in any galleries?

Nah I've just always done art as a hobby. Just decided to pick it up for real a few months ago since I was always getting requests. Also just went digital aswell

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
20210508-215018.jpg

Lets talk about you now.

Nice. I guess thats how you get artwork in museums but being in galleries and shows right?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
You artists dudes should make products that have Black male characters

That shyt is almost impossible to find

There are always Black female products

Like in Target a Black female has her products sold there
Things like
Notebooks and folders with Black women on the covers

When i look at the art work in stores there is a lot of Black female subjects but hardly any Black male

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
20210508-215018.jpg

Lets talk about you now.

Yo i just tried to pos rep you but it showed as a neg
I cant tell

Did u just get a neg from me?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It's been a while. It's something I started to pick up again last year, but work and photography got in the way, but I drew a lot in high school and through college

I drew this one in maybe 97 or 98. Either way I was in college and had a painting class. Which is how I ended up using oil paint for the tiles. I realized that mistake the next day and filed it away as fukked up. And it's been sitting in my important documents folder since then lol.

full

And this one is from 2020 when I was bored. Just sketching and bullshytting. I was going to scan it and finish it on my Wacom pad, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Along with drawing anything else. Most of my artistic free time goes to photography now. But I do want to get back into it.
full

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
1. you use wood panel? thats cool i often use wood panels more cost effective than linen and etc.

2. that piece is dope, i noticed a lot of african artist are adopting the halos into their works ... i am not sure when i started noticing that but dope.

3. i am not in any galleries i have had a few shows last one was 2 or 3 years ago the christmas before covid19 (which was in march 2020)

4. you mentioned collage work on your KIngs Disease piece ... what glue do you prefer to put paper onto wood some are better than others.

i asked this because my new project are all these sketches and doodles with watercolors and etc i have done over the years. mostly mood based explorations ... i have been looking at online tutorials and trying to figure out the best glue to use for the new pieces. i have coming in 20x hardboard canvas's 84mx117m and want to make these 20 works the best i have done.

IMG_20220604_150112_resized_20220605_071149682.jpg

so i am going to glue it down, and get real creative with the oils pastels maybe a bit of spray paint.

so the mess you are looking at above is just random illustrations and paintings over the last few years as the background.

i will use the oils/etc once glued down to hardboard to make a main cohesive image from what i conjure up.

the paper is 260gsm A2 and it takes 4 of them to make a solid 84mx117m so i have enough for 20x works with a couple papers left over.

i plant to do more online based pitching, but i have to see what these new joints look like.

there is a show in east london that invited me over for residency but you have to pay for the show set up :russ:

trying to say i am not doing much but waiting on new stock and working punching in the clock, day dreaming on duty :russ:
We gotta get you into a gallery fam. ASAP.

1. I Learned how to create on all grounds i.e
Papier, wood, canvas. I was trained by my prof Guy Jones πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ he hated canvas and was a Wood Panelists like the old Euro painters of the Renaissance. I love Wood panels man. Very cheap to create, durable, and lasts longer than canvas.

2. Im making a mockery of religions white forced on us...Christianity. But Im glorifying our Ancestor's Gods and Goddesses. Plus Im cannibalizing European art history.

4. I use any glue as long as it archival. There is matte gel you can use. Its stinksbut glues and canbe used as a sealant. Use Mod Podge..matte and gloss. Get boffem.

Man I jumped off the porch in 2020 into this thing during a pandemic. The art game is crazy. I done got beef with an art gallery too. I wont let that shyt geaux at all. I can tell you how to approach galleries and how to slang work when you ready.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Nice. I guess thats how you get artwork in museums but being in galleries and shows right?

Preciate it folkπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ yes. Museums need provenience (sp), which shows a track record of the piece's exhibitions and displays. Galleries def provide that and assurance that the work you getting is genuine. Now there are some galleries that are figazi, but we talking about what they posed to do tho..

Do you need galleries to sell? No. Bjt if I tell you work is 20K out my studio and you dont know about me you wont pay. But let that same work be in a gallery, you gon pay 20Kcausethe gallery validates my work. Thus you can get famous solo, but its easier through galleries.

Musuems aregreat for big art shows and get MEDIA EXPOSURE and Newspaper clippings.

Its all on the Artist. CauseGalleries will screw you, but artists screw galleries too. This business is cut throat but worth it if you are serious about your shyt.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
We gotta get you into a gallery fam. ASAP.

1. I Learned how to create on all grounds i.e
Papier, wood, canvas. I was trained by my prof Guy Jones πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ he hated canvas and was a Wood Panelists like the old Euro painters of the Renaissance. I love Wood panels man. Very cheap to create, durable, and lasts longer than canvas.

2. Im making a mockery of religions white forced on us...Christianity. But Im glorifying our Ancestor's Gods and Goddesses. Plus Im cannibalizing European art history.

4. I use any glue as long as it archival. There is matte gel you can use. Its stinksbut glues and canbe used as a sealant. Use Mod Podge..matte and gloss. Get boffem.

Man I jumped off the porch in 2020 into this thing during a pandemic. The art game is crazy. I done got beef with an art gallery too. I wont let that shyt geaux at all. I can tell you how to approach galleries and how to slang work when you ready.

I really appreciate all of this bro i am taking notes, and made a note of the glues you recommended.

i am quite glad you and your professor are wood surface enthusiasts, the TOP5 paintings i have are all on wood.

i am not saying this for no other reason but truth and good karma. i think you are a multi-millionaire in the making now unfortunately the chances to get your receipts are few and far between but your skill set and execution match by your passion is ridiculous. i am due to go work in like an hour and i was working 2-shifts yesterday so wasnt on but what i am trying to say is on Tuesday i saw your paintings in the thread that was made on the front page before i left for work. i dapped them instantly and left with a slight pessimistic view of my future.

i am telling you it gave me a complex, because one thing is seeing dope excellence far away but right here close to "home" i saw that genius kings disease and the young dolph piece and knew instantly why i am not where i want to be. the competition is breath-taking and whats worse is sometimes you see works that dont make sense at shows.

ie. the banksy knock offs, the william de kooning knock offs and a new one murakami knock offs and all the minimalist jive and etc.

so i have been trying original story telling with my art like a rapper kicking a 16 over each canvas basically you inspired me real fast and i tucked into humility because bro ... the only difference from you and a well known painter like George Condo or something is opportunity. you need to go on instagram and get in swizz beats and dame dash DMs ... their great passionate art lovers with own gallery's.

i am not at that stage but you have been there and are there, i would really appreciate strategies on how to sling the work once its done. i can just reply to this thread and all that.

thank you so much for the advice, the input and kind words and your paintings. (it lit a fire in me)

anyway got to go punch-in-the-clock but i hope to catch you around when next you are around. i am always about sometimes i take a while off not for no reason other than i have to work/write or do something but i dont leave so i hope to chop it up again with you, its been great.

:salute: :salute:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I have a regular IG with 4000 followers and people usually pay attention when I post. But since making an art page I only have like 88 followers. Its kind of frustrating. I keep wondering if I should just post my art on my regular page like I used to. I always used to get people asking me to draw shyt for them when I posted on my main page. Im extremely active

my nikka your regular IG should be your art page. You already got a network to build from.