MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
My sister the same way. Fridge be stocked, shyt be a week plus old :beli:
On some
mrw-a-bombshell-pops-up-on-tinder-but-has-a-bible-verse-in-her-profile-168753.gif

Well thats a lil weird
Lol unless it's something i really really enjoy like macaroni and cheese or chicken wings or fries!!!:takedat:
Then it gets annoying.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
It's actually sweet potato, its a super food has lots of protein so i try to eat it a lot, plus its easy to cook especially if you are meal prepping.
Yes it is diri djon djon:ohlawd:

The smell of the mushroom when they soaking tho:scust:
Some people like to use the maggi cube but my sister has someone that she gets the djon djon mushrooms from.

Lol my mother always calls it mushroom rice, and yes it is amazing! I want to try lightly frying shrimp with some virgin oil, seasoning, and a little spice and then mix it in the rice with some seasoned onions. I think I'll make that this week for my family. :ohlawd: Are you Haitian? If you are do you like Haitian plantains? I love the way it's made. I like to make spicy shrimp stew and use it as a dip. Now I'm going to start taking pictures of the food I make. I think I found a new hobby. :obama: You use maggi cubes? :krs: I swear nobody knows what those things are! They are the best!

Do you bake pastries? I'm talking about cookies, cakes, pies, and etc I really want to get into baking pastries from scratch.

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Lol my mother always calls it mushroom rice, and yes it is amazing! I want to try lightly frying shrimp with some virgin oil, seasoning, and a little spice and then mix it in the rice with some seasoned onions. I think I'll make that this week for my family. :ohlawd: Are you Haitian? If you are do you like Haitian plantains? I love the way it's made. I like to make spicy shrimp stew and use it as a dip. Now I'm going to start taking pictures of the food I make. I think I found a new hobby. :obama: You use maggi cubes? :krs: I swear nobody knows what those things are! They are the best!

Do you bake pastries? I'm talking about cookies, cakes, pies, and etc I really want to get into baking pastries from scratch.
Ugh that sounds really good. We usually put shrimp in ours and it always turns out great.
Yes i am and love em!! I prefer the ones that are just ripe, not to sweet but still has that lil bit of sugar to it. The best way to make them is to cut them at an angle (slanted) then fry them for a bit take them out and use the plantain masher or be boot leg and use to flat plates. Before hand you make some seasoned water with whatever spice you like, i love greek seasoning and cayenne pepper and garlic, you dip the mashed plantains in the water let it soak a lil bit the put it back in the frier. :ohlawd: Its amazing lol. I used to stuff my face with plantains when ever i got the munchies.
Lol yeah its a cool hobby to have i used to live for the praise but im over it lol.
I do but im not gonna lie im not the best. I have a bad habit of not following recipes and with deserts cakes, pies and stuff like that you cant really do that. So when i do follow directions it comes out great but if i try to switch it up, ill mess up usually.
Pinterest has the best recipes and the simplest ways to bake cook whatever. I make the bomb crepes thanks to pineterest.

agnosticlady

Daps
Ugh that sounds really good. We usually put shrimp in ours and it always turns out great.
Yes i am and love em!! I prefer the ones that are just ripe, not to sweet but still has that lil bit of sugar to it. The best way to make them is to cut them at an angle (slanted) then fry them for a bit take them out and use the plantain masher or be boot leg and use to flat plates. Before hand you make some seasoned water with whatever spice you like, i love greek seasoning and cayenne pepper and garlic, you dip the mashed plantains in the water let it soak a lil bit the put it back in the frier. :ohlawd: Its amazing lol. I used to stuff my face with plantains when ever i got the munchies.
Lol yeah its a cool hobby to have i used to live for the praise but im over it lol.
I do but im not gonna lie im not the best. I have a bad habit of not following recipes and with deserts cakes, pies and stuff like that you cant really do that. So when i do follow directions it comes out great but if i try to switch it up, ill mess up usually.
Pinterest has the best recipes and the simplest ways to bake cook whatever. I make the bomb crepes thanks to pineterest.

Yes my mom taught me how to make Haitian Plantains. We also have the plantain masher LOL. I'm Nigerian, but it is cool to eat food from different cultures. Do you eat plantains and eggs for breakfast? I love doing that. When I get bored with just eggs I sliced little tomatoes, onions, and sweet peppers. Then I fry it with the eggs. My Haitians friends call it bunin and eggs.
Plaintains are the best when they are ripe, but not too ripe. You know when the plantain is yellow, but not super mushy or super sweet. I hate really really soft plantains. I love when they aren't too hard, but aren't too soft.
Yeah if you stray a bit from a recipe it taste like :scust: and have you feeling like :mjcry:
I think I'm gonna make some macadamia/white chocolate chip cookies this week

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Yes my mom taught me how to make Haitian Plantains. We also have the plantain masher LOL. I'm Nigerian, but it is cool to eat food from different cultures. Do you eat plantains and eggs for breakfast? I love doing that. When I get bored with just eggs I sliced little tomatoes, onions, and sweet peppers. Then I fry it with the eggs. My Haitians friends call it bunin and eggs.
Plaintains are the best when they are ripe, but not too ripe. You know when the plantain is yellow, but not super mushy or super sweet. I hate really really soft plantains. I love when they aren't too hard, but aren't too soft.
Yeah if you stray a bit from a recipe it taste like :scust: and have you feeling like :mjcry:
I think I'm gonna make some macadamia/white chocolate chip cookies this week
Yes it is. I try to learn at least one dish from different cultures. Yup lol, that's exactly what it is. Thats a typical haitian breakfast its great to start your day off gives you power and helps with gas (lol).... Hmmm yes you over there sounding like me. I have to be in the mood tho, ill cook like that for my man, well whatever he wants anyway and watch him eat like a creep.
Im not to fond of the overly mushy plantains either. I might eat it like that from a restaurant but i cant use them at home. I have to find this one picture at these plantain cups we got from a food show a while back. They were pretty good. Good luck with that, take pictures!

agnosticlady

Daps
qygupg.jpg

Here they are. My niece made grio and put in them. I had chicken in mine cause i dont eat pork. But arent they cute? Little plantain cups, you can put whatever you want in them.

That looks soooo goood :blessed:

Honestly, thank goodness my mother taught me how to cook. I have met people who are shocked that you can make plantain chips at home. I especially love eating plantain chips with Cuban sandwiches. Thanks for the tips :salute:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hmm, rich successful black women. :jawalrus:
You don't need to be rich to afford a Guadalupe. She comes over to your house MWF. On Monday she comes super early and has breakfast ready for you when you wake up plus meals for the rest of Monday, and all of Tuesday plus she does a load of laundry, washes the dishes, cleans up any messes from the weekend, takes the trash out from the weekend. Then on Wednesday and Friday she comes to do the same thing. She's at your house for less than 15 hours a week, and she's an illegal so you can pay her trash wages, and she'll be happy. :blessed: All that for less than $200 a week. :banderas:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You don't need to be rich to afford a Guadalupe. She comes over to your house MWF. On Monday she comes super early and has breakfast ready for you when you wake up plus meals for the rest of Monday, and all of Tuesday plus she does a load of laundry, washes the dishes, cleans up any messes from the weekend, takes the trash out from the weekend. Then on Wednesday and Friday she comes to do the same thing. She's at your house for less than 15 hours a week, and she's an illegal so you can pay her trash wages, and she'll be happy. :blessed: All that for less than $200 a week. :banderas:

Yeah.. I'm not with that hiring a maid business. My family taught me how to live on my own two feet. I wasn't born or raised in America, so I believe it's an American thing. Most of us live by tradition and discipline from our foreign countries. You wouldn't understand because you can afford a maid to do all that work load for you in your home.

I cook, clean, go to work, work out in the gym, go to school, etc. Not a big problem for me. You can enjoy your maid.