Can William clay ford kick the bucket already official Detroit Lions 2013-14 season thread

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Lions coaches, front office might be fired after finale
Jim Schwartz's career in Detroit appears to be coming to a close after his team failed to make the playoffs.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning" that the expectation from inside the building -- including from Schwartz -- is the coaching staff will be fired following the Lions' disappointing season.

Schwartz is currently 29-50 in five seasons after taking over the NFL's first 0-16 team. He has led his team to above .500 just once.

And the coaches might not be the only ones looking for new jobs.

"I'm also told it's a strong possibility the entire front office could be cleared out there," Rapoport said. "(There was) some serious dysfunction with the Lions, including the front office bringing in players and coaches simply not using them. By the end of the year the two sides -- they weren't really talking to each other."

Owner William Clay Ford Sr. has been extremely loyal to his employees -- the most noteworthy being the contract extension given to former general manager Matt Millen despite abject failures.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said Bill Ford Jr. will make the decision on Schwartz and general manager Martin Mayhew.

"I'm told if they do make a change they are going to want offense, someone who can work with quarterback Matthew Stafford," Silver said. "And Greg Roman -- a hot name the last couple years -- the49ers offensive coordinator, would be very, very interested."

The coaching staff's almost irrational insistence that everything was fine with Stafford's mechanics and play, despite the turnovers and flaws, has led to some of the outrage amongLions fans.

If Detroit decides to move on from Schwartz and-or Mayhew followingSunday's game, getting the more from the $76 million quarterback should be the top priority.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
All that is nice now, but Stafford himself isn't doing himself any favors, saying he doesn't need help.
Well fukk him, that's why you gotta get a coach who knows his shyt and will tell Stafford to stfu when he talks that stupid shyt he been talking. "I know how to win," bytch, please!

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Well fukk him, that's why you gotta get a coach who knows his shyt and will tell Stafford to stfu when he talks that stupid shyt he been talking. "I know how to win," bytch, please!

This implies us reaching for a winner. Sorry for the defeatist attitude but I'm not going to believe it until we see it. For all I know, the coaching candidates are Bozo the Clown and Krusty the Clown,. That is Lionsesque.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The sad truth is I'm not surprised one bit. I was hoping with the push from pretty much everyone that they would be almost forced to fire him, but they've shown us with the Millen saga that they can be pretty damn steadfast in their incompetence.
Supposedly the NFL Network guys were adament in refuting that report, but I wouldn't be surprised either. This is the laughing stock of the NFL we're talking about.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
63 yards of offense in the first half. Don't work on anything, Stafford. You're doing just fine.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
The sad truth is I'm not surprised one bit. I was hoping with the push from pretty much everyone that they would be almost forced to fire him, but they've shown us with the Millen saga that they can be pretty damn steadfast in their incompetence.
They let millen stay but the coaches was:camby: