Can We Finally Admit Next-Gen Sucks?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Copped a PS4 because of the black friday bundle. I actually like the streaming gameplay/share aspect of it. I expect great titles next year. Consoles, like all systems, will take some time to be fully optimized. The gaming industry can be a fukked up place to work so I won't trash the developers that are actually trying to create good content.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Im sure there is still a boost in power from last gen systems to this.

Simply using that boost while incorporating some optimization techniques should make it much better than it already is.

Unless they didnt make the system that much powerful compared to last gen. :yeshrug:
It'll get better with developers getting more used to the hardware, but the specs are weak on both systems. Like I said the only advantage they have is that shared ram. It's not like last generation where the advances were substantial. They just made a mid-range pc and priced it at $400. I dunno why they went with AMD, but they did. I woulda stayed nvidia, but I guess price is a factor. If they woulda priced the consoles at $500 or $600 we would see much bigger graphical upgrades. I personally think they made a mistake trying to be under that $400 mark, as corners were cut. But you gotta make a profit, I know.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It'll get better with developers getting more used to the hardware, but the specs are weak on both systems. Like I said the only advantage they have is that shared ram. It's not like last generation where the advances were substantial. They just made a mid-range pc and priced it at $400. I dunno why they went with AMD, but they did. I woulda stayed nvidia, but I guess price is a factor. If they woulda priced the consoles at $500 or $600 we would see much bigger graphical upgrades. I personally think they made a mistake trying to be under that $400 mark, as corners were cut. But you gotta make a profit, I know.
Profit making is the issue as well. Games get rushed out more faster so less features get put in and the update system is exploited to fix what wasnt finished later on.

Its sad really.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Profit making is the issue as well. Games get rushed out more faster so less features get put in and the update system is exploited to fix what wasnt finished later on.

Its sad really.
It's really sad. It's ruined pc gaming for me at the moment. I just can't take all of these broken games. They'll get fixed eventually, but I remember when you could buy a game day 1 and it would work. Now you gotta wait weeks/months/never. It's a goddamn shame

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It's really sad. It's ruined pc gaming for me at the moment. I just can't take all of these broken games. They'll get fixed eventually, but I remember when you could buy a game day 1 and it would work. Now you gotta wait weeks/months/never. It's a goddamn shame
Thats the thing....we get a released game with patches to fix it instead of a big boost from the last game to the new one.

The times where a sequel had a shyt load of new features compared to the last is rare now.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thats the thing....we get a released game with patches to fix it instead of a big boost from the last game to the new one.

The times where a sequel had a shyt load of new features compared to the last is rare now.
To be fair, it has been a bad year. One of the worst years of gaming in a while. 2015 is looking good.

Maybe we'll see the trend of broken games reversed too. Ubi got hit hard with ACU. Hopefully other developers took notice.

We've already seen push backs on big triple A games, Batman and Witcher, so I think that's a good sign, as much as I don't want to wait

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd rather games be pushed back and released in a AAA state, than "as is". Business teams and publishers setting development timelines is why there are so many trash games coming to market. Hundreds of millions being wasted because people that don't actually create the content are making decisions.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think tbh the best thing to do is cop a Psn or Xbox live account

Download whatever free games become available to your account , then cop the system after the inevitable price drops

By that time you'll have a shyt load of piff for whichever system you decide to cop and a huge back load of quality Games and Indies to choose from.
you can't do that... the option to download games for another system, doesn't even come up... vita only cause it's the handheld

i had games with gold on 360, there was no option to download or even mark for download, an xbox one game

same with my ps4, only shows ps4 and vita.. i have to physically go to my girls house to download the free games for ps3

Midrash

All Star
Daps
Waiting for Uncharted 4 to drop before i Get a PS4.

My first PS3 game was Uncharted 2. I had just came off of a ps2 and gamecube too. That opening train scene on a big ass 40 inch HDTV had me hooked from the jump. The graphics, the animation, the crazy attention to detail, that shyt was like a movie. The colors were so vivid too! The wireless controller was the icing on the cake.:banderas:

So far, I haven't seen a ps4 game that is gonna recreate that "first high" for me again.:whoo:

Until I see a big must have for the PS4, I'm gonna wait on the sideline and mess around with my ps3.:manny:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thinking about pulling the plug on a gaming pc. whats my best options to keep it as console like a possible? :skip:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Waiting for Uncharted 4 to drop before i Get a PS4.

My first PS3 game was Uncharted 2. I had just came off of a ps2 and gamecube too. That opening train scene on a big ass 40 inch HDTV had me hooked from the jump. The graphics, the animation, the crazy attention to detail, that shyt was like a movie. The colors were so vivid too! The wireless controller was the icing on the cake.:banderas:

So far, I haven't seen a ps4 game that is gonna recreate that "first high" for me again.:whoo:

Until I see a big must have for the PS4, I'm gonna wait on the sideline and mess around with my ps3.:manny:

Uncharted, The Last of Us (I have it, haven't played it yet), FarCry 4...they all look like the same game to me. Is it really a big difference between them? Seems like people go crazy that they are all must haves.

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thank God I haven't bought a ps4 or xbox 1. Just sticking with my PC, ps3, for now.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm havin fun :yeshrug:

I got madden, dragon age, gta5, evil within and alien.

But lemme guess, those don't count cause they're on last gen consoles ?:stopitslime:
i swear gamers are lame
im in the same boat im having mad fun with the ps4. dont really post on here because of it plus its the first year everybody needs to chill the fukk out