Can We Finally Admit Next-Gen Sucks?

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
I'm just waiting on the next-gen EXCLUSIVES, as in titles that aren't on the PS3/360. It IS frustrating that I bought a next-gen console where the best titles are GTAV, NBA2K15, ACIV, Diablo III, COD: AW, etc..

Honest to God, the Wii U DOES have the library than the PS4/One. It has the best exclusives.
:jawalrus: And dont let anyone else tell you otherwise

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
These threads confuse me. Claim there are no games but fail to realize it's on'y been a year sicne systems realsed and as you can see the real heat for next gen is starting to come out come 2015. Was youe xpecting a library of 40 games at launch ?...also if you actually enjoy games there is something for everybody...Shooters: Destiny, MW, RPG: Dragons AGE Action: Infamous, Shadows or Mordor etc. Half of you only play COD and madden/2k anyway so why the complaints.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i resent the exploitation factor of this gen and late last gen. removing features just to be able to monetize...everything.
i understand why they are doing it but i dont like it, esp the loss of backward compatibility.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
breh, have you seen that new no man's sky gameplay trailer? :scusthov:

looks like trash forreal :snoop: I had high hopes for this game but it looks way too ambitious for its meager indie budget. the procedurally-generated stuff is gonna get old quick if there's nothing you can really do/interact with in the world. the graphics are nothing to write home about either. ps3/360 could handle that

if you want space sims on some REAL next-level, next -gen type shyt its all on PC

look up star citizen and elite dangerous....now THAT's the shyt i'm talking about! :gladbron: both make no man's sky look like ass

There's plenty to do/interact with in the game. And the graphics are good, more artistic than realistic, but better than what would be possible on last gen.

The are using a mix of procedurally generated, and hand crafted stuff. The planets are not completely random. This is one genre where procedurally generated levels make sense. If you think about it, the universe is generated the sane way in real life.

It's a very different game than star citizen, its about exploration/adventure almost "metroidvania" in that you search for resources/abilities that allow you to access new and more difficult areas.

Other space sims fail at emulating the open vastness of space, you usually cant take off from one planet fly through the atmosphere to space, then land anywhere in the universe, all under your control. No menus or loading screens, the game doesn't dictate what planets you have access to. It's the ultimate universe exploration sim. Probably will be one of the better games this gen.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
breh, have you seen that new no man's sky gameplay trailer? :scusthov:

looks like trash forreal :snoop: I had high hopes for this game but it looks way too ambitious for its meager indie budget. the procedurally-generated stuff is gonna get old quick if there's nothing you can really do/interact with in the world. the graphics are nothing to write home about either. ps3/360 could handle that

if you want space sims on some REAL next-level, next -gen type shyt its all on PC

look up star citizen and elite dangerous....now THAT's the shyt i'm talking about! :gladbron: both make no man's sky look like ass

The universe in star citizen is going to be tiny compared to No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous, you're talking about a game with $60 million in funding with maybe 100 star systems, where as the other two games are going to have maps with countless systems. Also, the planets in Star Citizen at this point will not be anything more than landing zones, as in a confined area and not an entire planet.

Also, Elite Dangerous graphics are pretty :ld: and not that far beyond what the PS3/360 can do, but much like No Man's Sky people are interested in it because of gameplay. I have a PC, I am interested in all 3 games, don't dismiss NMS because of it's graphic when it's procedurally generating a galaxy, people with PCs are excited about that game :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was about on par for 1st year of new next gen systems. If you ask me The xbox one had a amazing line up this 1st year when you mix in 1st party, 3rd and indie. The wii u doesn't count since its on year two and it's not going to really catch steam until next year. The PS4 has had a typical 1st year experience, meaning if you got one you got one just to have one mostly. That or you are a huge, LB3 or Infamous fan.

Year 3 is always one of the most interesting years for consoles.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Haven't read the thread so somebody might have said it but when last gen came out, everybody was transitioning to HD gaming. There hasn't been that type of tech jump this time around. I haven't heard of a game that has lived up to its buzz yet either (Destiny?).

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Haven't read the thread so somebody might have said it but when last gen came out, everybody was transitioning to HD gaming. There hasn't been that type of tech jump this time around. I haven't heard of a game that has lived up to its buzz yet either (Destiny?).

There hasn't been one yet, alot of stuff looks good but nothing has been amazing, Oddly enough GTA V is one of the better looking games on both systems. Evolve looks pretty amazing too

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I think HD remakes for the most part would make for better gaming than last gens first person shooters

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Can you elaborate? I stopped following Smash Bros when I heard they took out my mains (Snake, PKMN Trainer) but other than 8 player matches I don't see any big improvements and I hear they took out Adventure Mode or whatever its called all together which for me is a big downgrade. Mario Kart peaked with Double Dash and I really doubt they made any huge changes. Sunshine > Galaxy. I suppose the Mario game is a fairly new experience.
I'm talking from a competitive standpoint dude. Physics are faster, less floaty, characters are (at this point) more balanced, there's no tripping, etc.

And I should neg you for liking Double Dash and saying Sunshine was better than Galaxy.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm still playing on the triple.
When that new Red Dead and GTA drop, I'll be more than interested tho :mjpls:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
mzeeim.gif

3jtdbxH.gif

Nexgen is here brehs :win:.

That looks like real life :dwillhuh:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
The Crew?? :mjlol:

Driveclub :myman:

its funny that you're championing the broken fukkfest that is drive club

game is broken on release after being delayed a year and is still missing crucial features they promised

next-gen is here alright :mjlol: