Can we be honest about Shang Chi?

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a better origin film than most of the phase 1 origin films. ouside of iron man. people just expect every marvel film to be infinity war level great or else its considered trash now.

giphy.gif
I see nothing but truths here.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I remember going in thinking it was going to be mid but being surprised
ended up being one of my favorite phase 4 movies
in before jokes:lolbron:

Remember folks!:pachaha:

Yes all you “I’m Marvel Fatigued, this movie is Mid” guys.

Champions staring Woody Harrelson drops this weekend

Please go out and support :mjgrin:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
yall forgot About Shangchi meeting the 💪 strongest Avenger at the end of the movie. Marvel alreadly decided which Avenger was stronger but I'd rather see yall fight out :slapfight:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Thats what i mean by asians wanting their own wakanda aka black panther. It just doesn’t work in that context because they don’t have the same history in this country as us, the whole asian-american fish out of water shyt just doesn’t work the same way.

Shang chi went back to china and became the man, that was his destiny. Killmonger went to Africa and got bodied :francis:
I don't think Asians want their own Wakanda. That's just China. China is the Chinese Wakanda

My thing is the MCU is American. I know we're trying to be all inclusive and shyt but it's stories told from the American perspective. So like ShangChi is an Asian American, let's give him Asian American traits. ShangChi grew up in America, he's Americanized. He's no longer a Chinese Mainlander. He's more like Killmonger than T'Challa. So write ShangChi as an American. An American Chinese person doesn't simply go back to China. He feels alien. There's a big gap. There's supposed to be some realization and then he's gotta figure some shyt out from there.

They put him back in China like it's a perfect fit but it shouldn't have been that way. There should've been a misalignment happening on both sides. Like that first scene at the breakfast table. That was perfect. That's a real scene from Asian American life. That scene going to Ta-Lo and all these strange ass faces looking him and he's a stranger to them. They just ignored it and kept it moving like yea, we're gonna just trust this random ass kid with our town. Even Dances with Wolves had scenes to explore how they figured each other out and earned each other's trust. I dunno.

The movie was mad disjointed in the end. I probably think too hard about it but there are a few things they could've done to make it a lot better. Lose the damn dragons. He should've beat his father without the rings. When his father died, he should've earned/inherited the rings instead. That would've been a dope way gain them. And they should add some power limits to the rings. They're like unlimited power. They should like wear down or cap their use.