Can we be honest about Shang Chi?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
MCU stans making the “you’re still watching” argument are missing that none of this shyt is rewatchable. They’ll get a big first week for a long time, but who’s rewatching Shang Chi multiple times? I can’t count how many time I’ve watched Iron Man, or Cap 2, Guardians, etc.

This is another thing peopel are missing. Even the Disney plus shows got no replayability, i haven’t watched any of them more than once.

You couldn’t pay me to watch widow, eternals, shang chi, etc. again

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
"Takes place in Queens" What are you talking about?

Shang (Shaun), Katy and their friends live in San Francisco which has a ton of Asians (and not a lot of Black people). I mean Queens itself has a ton of Asians too.

Anyways, I thought Shang-Chi was good. It was a cool martial arts influenced superhero film :manny:
Wow, I thought it was in Queens cuz my roommate pointed out an envelope that said "Euclid Ave." on it but I guess she missed the "San Francisco" part.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wow, I thought it was in Queens cuz my roommate pointed out an envelope that said "Euclid Ave." on it but I guess she missed the "San Francisco" part.

I honestly remember very little about the setting of the movie outside of the bus scene. I know if theres a city with a huge asian population its either 50/50 San Fran/Bay Area or queens :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is another thing peopel are missing. Even the Disney plus shows got no replayability, i haven’t watched any of them more than once.

You couldn’t pay me to watch widow, eternals, shang chi, etc. again
I've watched Eternals like 3-5 times. It's very interesting conceptually.
And I still watch all 2 times, once in theaters and once it hits streaming. Haven't gotten around to Thor 4 or BP 2 yet for my 2nd watch but I will.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Bro, the entire trolley scene flying down SF hills with the Pacific Ocean and Golden Gate bridge in the background. How'd you catch a detail like "Euclid Ave" and miss the entire fight scene's setting?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro, the entire trolley scene flying down SF hills with the Pacific Ocean and Golden Gate bridge in the background.

The movie is forgettable, thats what this thread is about. You could have told me it took place in cuba and I’d believe you

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Never even knew this shyt came out , never even heard of Shang chi

shyt was just on fx one day and it wasn’t nothing else on

It was cool, I would check for a sequel