Can we be honest about Shang Chi?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I really enjoyed it but I admit the ending was terrible. They should've left that whole chi dragon semon army thing out. Keep the focus on Shang/his sister vs their father with the rings. Keep the close quarter combat and you can still have his sister say fukk those rings I don't want or need them. Shang reluctantly takes it and chooses to utilize them for good instead of selfishness and evil.
they also messed up casting awkardfina. Plenty of the paagers in this thread would've have enjoyed the movie much more if they had casted an attractive love interest. :troll:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
they also messed up casting awkardfina. Plenty of the paagers in this thread would've have enjoyed the movie much more if they had casted an attractive love interest. :troll:

25170624-2_cover_600x900.jpg

a4d71fcb0fd7d76c7acd4be76f5d9761.jpg

:sas1:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think Awkwafina is good in certain roles but not this one. There was no romantic tension between her and ShangChi. Should've definitely picked someone not built like an Oompa Loompa.
That was the point. They're just good friends not lovers. A guy and a girl can be friends without liking each other like that.

Awkafina did fine in her role as Katy. I don't know what some of you are talking about. Seems like some of you guys are just being contrarians.

Of course, Marvel could make them lovers later on but for now, it's good that they're just friends.

Plus, them being friends could lead to Shang-Chi having an actual attractive PAAG girlfriend in the future lol :pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah… so I’m gonna keep enjoying my comic book movies regardless of how much the critics or trend jumpers care.

Some of y’all are so desperate for people to not enjoy this stuff.

Go watch Pride and Prejudice instead.
Yeah, I gotta say this is how I feel. If niqqaz ain't feeling it like that anymore whatever. I am still enjoying myself. Never thought they would never get a negative review or have a downward trend. Just thought something bigger and hotter would be needed to replace it at the top. Just seems like everyone is just getting into more niche shyt they are interested in.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Yeah, I gotta say this is how I feel. If niqqaz ain't feeling it like that anymore whatever. I am still enjoying myself. Never thought they would never get a negative review or have a downward trend. Just thought something bigger and hotter would be needed to replace it at the top. Just seems like everyone is just getting into more niche shyt they are interested in.
I thought they were trying to allude to it in some parts with her head on his shoulders

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Naw nikkas just tired of Marvel/Disney trying to make these D List heroes pop when we dont got Ironman and them to fall back on anymore.

We know they got fantastic 4 and x-men in the cut so it just feels like we hanging on for dear life at this point. Like we supposed to care about dead widow, or shang chi, when they still got ghost rider (anyone), silver surfer, blade, etc. just on the bench

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Naw nikkas just tired of Marvel/Disney trying to make these D List heroes pop when we dont got Ironman and them to fall back on anymore.

We know they got fantastic 4 and x-men in the cut so it just feels like we hanging on for dear life at this point. Like we supposed to care about dead widow, or shang chi, when they still got ghost rider (anyone), silver surfer, blade, etc. just on the bench
I mean they are all eventually coming. I'm not in a rush. But is it like are you biased against a property just because they aren't doing a character you like more?