Can we be honest about Shang Chi?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that yall really think Shang fukking Chi is the best movie of phase 4 is insane to me :dead:

…and that includes spider-man: no way home…it’s their opinion but that shyt is sick tho smh…I even enjoyed love and thunder more than this…that being said I will say shang chi was probably the 3rd best movie of phase 4 (keeping in mind I didn’t see black widow and the eternals…but I put it above the last dr. strange and black panther 2)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
…and that includes spider-man: no way home…it’s their opinion but that shyt is sick tho smh…I evenou enjoyed love and thunder more than this…that being said I will say shang chi was probably the 3rd best movie of phase 4 (keeping in mind I didn’t see black widow and the eternals…but I put it above dr. strange and black panther 2)
You enjoyed Russell Crowe being a drunken fool? be my guest my dude

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The fact that yall really think Shang fukking Chi is the best movie of phase 4 is insane to me :dead:

That's why it's useless to argue about this shyt. We might as well be speaking different languages :russ:
It ain’t that wild. Phase 4 was asscheeks for the most part breh.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Movie had a dragon almost get it's soul taken by a monster demon.

I can't agree with this thread.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
It was a better origin film than most of the phase 1 origin films. ouside of iron man. people just expect every marvel film to be infinity war level great or else its considered trash now.
Agree on this. I told people right after Endgame, you will never get from Marvel again what you got in those first 3 phases. Similar to the LOTR trilogy or Harry Potter series. Also told people once I saw what Phase 4 was gonna be that it would rub a lot of people the wrong way.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I thought the first act was great, 2nd act was mediocre/boring, and the 3rd act was straight bad.

So…better than most phase 4 stuff.

MCU stans making the “you’re still watching” argument are missing that none of this shyt is rewatchable. They’ll get a big first week for a long time, but who’s rewatching Shang Chi multiple times? I can’t count how many time I’ve watched Iron Man, or Cap 2, Guardians, etc.

I’ll still check out their big movies, but the idea of ever watching Love and Thunder or MOM a second time is laughable.