Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Was it Keem or Kendrick that had that line on Family Ties about #2 trying to slide into his girl’s DM’s? I always wonder if that’s what made Kendrick come so aggressive at him.

I think Keem said it but I would not be surprised if Drake was DMing Whitney too. Definitely seems like the type of clown move Drake would make.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall pretty much said everything that needed to be said. But that big d line on family matters was super :gucci: made what Kendrick said on meet the grahams hit even harder.

Also why did that nikka copy Kendrick and use three different beats :dead:

Exactly, I have no idea why Drake would even say that shyt :what:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Had he.....sorry his Ghost-writers actually listened or had the brain power to understand what Kendrick was saying they would have known that angle would not work

If he just stuck with dissing kendrick about dogging out his girl to fukk cac bytches due to his insecurities, it could've worked. The whole "Dave free is your sons real father" shyt just seems so random, and with no other information than that bar on family matters, I can't take that shyt seriously

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was it Keem or Kendrick that had that line on Family Ties about #2 trying to slide into his girl’s DM’s? I always wonder if that’s what made Kendrick come so aggressive at him.
It was keem there is also rumor that that girl that was covered up in mosaic in the video when keem was sptting those bars is someone drake knows very well :sas2:

CDN media

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The Whitney angle is just Drake's wheelhouse at this point. He does not know how to beef without going at women. So trying to find some angle there was predictable.

What I always found goofy was the Top controls your career angle. On one hand, Top is forcing him to do songs for the Swifties, but on the other hand Top is allowing him to take 5 years off before releasing a therapy album? Make it make sense.

On another note

Shorty is Compton as fukk:mjlol:

Drake really tried to make this woman seem like she was a corny biracial like him and Dot was a hypocrite for wifing that.

Whole time this mans wife might be a Piru her motherfukking self :dead:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I thought even the Taylor Swift and G-Checking angles were pointless too but I can see what he was attempting to do.

Did he feel he had to get personal because of the Pusha T battle or something because none of that shyt makes a lick of sense. It just felt like he was throwing shyt at the wall to see what sticks. Kendrick just rebutted all of it with more offense and invalidated his claims at the Pop Out.

I don't think he had any dirt on Kendrick which explains why his best performance in the entire battle was the second verse on Family Matters which was essentially filler. He bodied all those nikkas but no one cared about any of them.
The biggest evidence that he was throwing shyt at the wall was the Baby Keem line, which doesn't even make sense mathematically (11 -16 year old Keem wrote on GKMC, TPAB and DAMN huh :skip:) but especially when you consider all the known reference tracks of Kendrick writing for Keem.

The whole battle was Drake desperately trying to project his shortcomings onto Kendrick because he had nothing else of substance to offer, basically the rap version of "I know you are but what am I?!"

Between the Keem line, the slave bar, and basically every other second of the Heart Pt 6, the only thing Drake really accomplished in this beef was demonstrating how disconnected he is from reality.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
drake's whole game plan was stupid as fukk. It started with that tupac song when he practically begged kendrick to have a full fledge battle with him and tried to bait him into a rushed response Didn't work, Kendrick too smart for that shyt. Even making that song in da first place gave Kendrick additional ammo lol

Then he made it seem like he had dirt on Kendrick that he would reveal once kendrick responded and he had nothing. Just "your kid might be dave free's and that he's a woman beater over and over again. It was so dumb that kendrick didnt even respond, and fans on both sides didn't even believe that shyt enough to pressure him about it lol

On the other hand, Drake made a note to respond and deny to damn near everything Kendrick said. Even jumping the gun a few times. He discussed not being a snitch in 2 straight songs when kendrick never directly called him one. He had a long winded response to not being a pedophile, and had silly explanations that made him sound guiitier than he probably is lol.

Dude was looking for a pusha T Type moment ironically enough lol instead of focusing on bars and developing a real game plan. He always think other ppl's women or past relationships is da key to winning a battle lol, no one cares about that shyt.

"i dont wanna battle you anymore, dis shyt got me second guessing" 🤣 🤣

"you can make 100 more songs, i"ll see you later"🤣🤣

You cant shyt like that in a battle lol it sounds like a tap out.

"that's the song where you said u got molested" makes da whole damn song invalid because that's not what Kenny said in the song lol
Just an entire mess from top to bottom.
Yeah thats was so hilarious about the Heart 6 bars. I genuinely think Drake hasn't crossed the line into full blown pedo/fukking underaged but he certainly does all the textbook creepy groomer behavior, basically scouting teenage girls for a roster spot when they're draft eligible, word to @Swagnificent 's creeping perverted ass. But those lines just gave everybody way more ammo and made him look suspect as fukk :mjlol:

It's part of the Drayoncé playbook when it comes to disses.
He's basically trying to manufacture his "You know who" Takeover moment except, y'know Jay-Z actually fukked Nas' baby moms :heh:

And since he makes it a habit of trying to get at other dude's women and treating them like trophies his shytty values just puts him down that road anyway even if he has to be vague because he's capping :yeshrug:

Yer another example of Aubrey trying to cosplay actual GOATs without the substance.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i get what you're saying and that's fair.

maybe i have an old school mentality because drake posting documents as a response to euphoria would've made him look even more ridiculous imo. i think euphoria was a great diss and was kendrick's best record out of this. drake needed to drop a record as a response. if euphoria was weak, then drake taking kendrick on that offer would've made more sense...but he needed to make a bigger statement against euphoria then posting a contract.

and i don't like that i come off as defending drake and me getting involved in this he say/she say. i just said the only believable thing that came out of these disses is kendrick's contract with top could be bad :beli: i like both their musics so just want more records from them.

Nah I don't think you're defending Drake but he's the same guy that sent out a fake invoice to Pusha T.

I don't think posting his splits (especially when he brought it up in the first place) is outside of his wheelhouse. He could've used it as the cover art for his response record, if he was serious. But like I said, he was clearly bullsh*tting.

Fred.