Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That would've went a long way towards establishing him some credibility in this beef.
Also Drake claims he fed kendrick the information, all he had to do was prove it as soon as meet the grahams dropped. Just a simple picture wearing the shirt and posing with the glove and medication would've been enough.

Kendrick would've gotten clowned, Meet the Grahams would be viewed like Supa ugly, and Drake would've won. He didn't do that because he lied.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Also Drake claims he fed kendrick the information, all he had to do was prove it as soon as meet the grahams dropped. Just a simple picture wearing the shirt and posing with the glove and medication would've been enough.

Kendrick would've gotten clowned, Meet the Grahams would be viewed like Supa ugly, and Drake would've won. He didn't do that because he lied.
and we all know how petty drake is, if he did feed info, he would've done what you said instantaneously on social media.

drake loves nothing more than being the gloater, victor,

You mean to tell me he showing restraint in not posting receipts if he has them? :russ: :usure:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I thought even the Taylor Swift and G-Checking angles were pointless too but I can see what he was attempting to do.

Did he feel he had to get personal because of the Pusha T battle or something because none of that shyt makes a lick of sense. It just felt like he was throwing shyt at the wall to see what sticks. Kendrick just rebutted all of it with more offense and invalidated his claims at the Pop Out.

I don't think he had any dirt on Kendrick which explains why his best performance in the entire battle was the second verse on Family Matters which was essentially filler. He bodied all those nikkas but no one cared about any of them.
he created lies just like kendrick created lies

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread....

I don't care about lies in a rap battle. Was MC Ren really broke in a B210? Who the f*ck knows?

As long as the lies are entertaining and somewhat believable, I'm good.

Having said that, do not insult my intelligence. Let's assume both lied about everything.

Drake has hid a child before and has been called out in the past over doing weird sh*t like hanging around a pre-teen Millie Bobby Brown. So Kendrick's lies (again, assuming both lied) are plausible, at least.

The sh*t Drake was saying had no basis in reality, at all. Not a single soul accused Dave Free of being the father of Dot's kid, and nobody thought he was a wife beater. The sh*t was completely out of left field, based on nothing.

That alone wouldn't be an issue....but Drake's weird ass cult-like fan base actually helped him lose the battle. Because any neutral person that questioned it was immediately attacked. Which made Drake's fans (and by extension, him) seem unreliable and unhinged.

This indirectly contributed to Drake losing the battle.

Fred.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I didn't say "a rapper". I'm specifically talking about the rapper that offered to compare paperwork, and Drake promptly shut the f*ck up.

And no, your time line is f*cked up. "Push Ups" was about Dot having a bad deal. "Euphoria" he offered to compare contracts, on April 30th. "Family Matters" came out May 3rd. Drake had 4 days to pull out his contract, and he didn't.

That would've went a long way towards establishing him some credibility in this beef.
But he was clearly lying so :manny:

Fred.
i disagree with this. posting contracts wouldn't change his credibility. it's a hip-hop battle. you gotta drop a good record to win people over. rappers make claims in diss records all the time with no backing but if it's a hit then no one will think too much of it.

that's why i said nothing would've mattered after family matters. drake needed something on the same level or better than ether, takeover, hit em up or no vaseline and i don't think he can drop anything on that level to counter NLU. family matters was his nuke and it was forgotten in less than 24 hours because kendrick dropped his nuke.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i disagree with this. posting contracts wouldn't change his credibility.

It would when the entirety of his first response, "Push Ups", was built around the premise.

To put it into perspective, a throw away bar ("Let's speak on percentage, show me your splits and I'll make sure I double back with ya") in Kendrick's song invalidated a whole song by Drake. Which is insane.

Literally the only counter to that, is showing contracts.

Fred.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Make no mistake, the music video with the lyrics, the DV claims, dave free shyt, crushing the GKMC van, having all the pharrell chains that he lied about melting down, etc. was shocking in real time. But everyone still walked away with questions in their head "but is this true?" Just look at some of the legit first reaction videos out there, anyone who was giving actual detailed opinions on it said the same thing. We just knew dot had a lot of work to do, but it never felt like a knockout punch.

The rest is history. It's pretty obvious drake should've actually kept it PG and kept it above the belt.
It just shows he was still stunned by Story of Adidon. Pusha-T smoked him and he tried to say it was all shock value, but it wasn't. The diss wasn't all about exposing his kid, he wanted to show people why he thought Drake was a fraud in every aspect, hence the Blackface photo

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My Working theory is the reason he tries these angles with women these other Rappers are close to because of this: :sas1:

the woman he was dating around that time was named Kandice Henry who the 1st half of mixtape SFG was about. Luda fukked his girl and he lowkey still carrying that hurt for all these years so he tries in some form or fashion to inflict it onto other rappers

See the history of him fukking other rappers girls ( Wayne & Future) or mentioning them in thee wrong manner (Pusha t & Kendrick)

there is a reason he rapped:

I used to always try and burn you CDs of my new shyt
You be like "who's this?" I be like "me, girl"
You be like "oh, word, true shyt?"
Then ask if we could listen to Ludacris

:sas2:

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
It would when the entirety of his first response, "Push Ups", was built around the premise.

To put it into perspective, a throw away bar ("Let's speak on percentage, show me your splits and I'll make sure I double back with ya") in Kendrick's song invalidated a whole song by Drake. Which is insane.

Literally the only counter to that, is showing contracts.

Fred.
i get what you're saying and that's fair.

maybe i have an old school mentality because drake posting documents as a response to euphoria would've made him look even more ridiculous imo. i think euphoria was a great diss and was kendrick's best record out of this. drake needed to drop a record as a response. if euphoria was weak, then drake taking kendrick on that offer would've made more sense...but he needed to make a bigger statement against euphoria then posting a contract.

and i don't like that i come off as defending drake and me getting involved in this he say/she say. i just said the only believable thing that came out of these disses is kendrick's contract with top could be bad :beli: i like both their musics so just want more records from them.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
My Working theory is the reason he tries these angles with women these other Rappers are close to because of this: :sas1:

the woman he was dating around that time was named Kandice Henry who the 1st half of mixtape SFG was about. Luda fukked his girl and he lowkey still carrying that hurt for all these years so he tries in some form or fashion to inflict it onto other rappers

See the history of him fukking other rappers girls ( Wayne & Future) or mentioning them in thee wrong manner (Pusha t & Kendikk)

there is a reason he rapped:

I used to always try and burn you CDs of my new shyt
You be like "who's this?" I be like "me, girl"
You be like "oh, word, true shyt?"
Then ask if we could listen to Ludacris

:sas2:

Was it Keem or Kendrick that had that line on Family Ties about #2 trying to slide into his girl’s DM’s? I always wonder if that’s what made Kendrick come so aggressive at him.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He had no dirt so he just invented stuff he thought would be harmful, even the way he presented it was underwhelming. All of it is a consequence of Pusha

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh he hardly addressed Cole and had no personal issue with him. All he said was fukk a big 3 and everything else was aimed at drake. I don’t think Kendrick, Drake or anyone else anticipated Cole jumping out the window over that cuz it wasn’t his fight in the first place. If only Cole realized that before dropping a diss track and apologizing. Can’t ever take him seriously again after that self-ether:francis:
i wouldnt be surprised if Drake gassed him to do that and they were planning to attack kendrick 2 on 1. That was a out of character move for Cole that he immediately corrected. Drake's the one known for trying to be something he's not, Cole is da opposite