Can men be vulnerable with women?

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Generally, no.

It will come back on you. This is one thing consistent about stereotypical female nature I hate. You should be able to be open with your lady, but every woman I've ever been serious with has brought it back up at the most awkward or vulnerable moment to help win a fight or prove a point.

I imagine there are some you can, but I don't think I have observed it or been told by any of my friends their woman is the unicorn.
bernie-mac-smh.gif

I’m naturally a closed off person. That is my personality. I’m aloof and emotionally detached.

I’m an Aquarius to the T plus I grew up a military brat. It is what is it and that is who I am.
:manny:
Still, woman and my woman want to feel “attached”. They feel as though sharing thoughts and emotions can get your relationship closer.
:beli:
If I share something with my Wife, she is over the moon.
:gladbron:
How do you become one, without sharing your thoughts/heart?
:wow:
It’s been a battle for 7 years but we are closer with the nuggets she gets every so often.
:blessed:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Don't do it no matter what. Your better off opening up emotionally to a tree. My ex even said some slick shyt about me shedding tears when my mom and grandmother died. Keep that shyt to yourself. Hell one of your closest homies will understand more and won't think you're a puzzy. But women by and large automatically drop you down a peg when it comes to us showing sadness emotions. And you don't even have to be all blubbering and bawling they just don't like it.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
bernie-mac-smh.gif

I’m naturally a closed off person. That is my personality. I’m aloof and emotionally detached.

I’m an Aquarius to the T plus I grew up a military brat. It is what is it and that is who I am.
:manny:
Still, woman and my woman want to feel “attached”. They feel as though sharing thoughts and emotions can get your relationship closer.
:beli:
If I share something with my Wife, she is over the moon.
:gladbron:
How do you become one, without sharing your thoughts/heart?
:wow:
It’s been a battle for 7 years but we are closer with the nuggets she gets every so often.
:blessed:
I'm naturally stoic, but right around 30 I started having major long-standing anxiety. Wasn't happy where I was in life and had major relationship and family issues. I had to talk to someone because I would ball it up and I would explode in anger or sadness. You want your lady to help either by venting or even giving advice. I know I chose poorly, but I didn't have that awareness at the time and people would/my lady would use that against me. fukked up shyt.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm real vulnerable right before I let one go

:noah:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Yes, real men, mature men express their feelings and what's on their minds, especially to a woman they're in love with...a man who shows a range of emotions is celebrated, whereas a man who is always stiff and acting hard like a tough guy is more often than not compensating for being self-conscious and insecure about themselves so they put an act of being this hardened man who means mug and rarely ever smile, let alone show a friendlier side of them.

Sometimes environments and childhood upbringings create these types of men, and these are the kind who'll sometimes stay bottled up until they go out in a blaze of anger or rage. Also, men who showcase different ranges of emotions and feelings are more often than not physically and mentally healthier because they're able to combat stress, which can affect a person's health.

Last edited:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it was rhetorical :russ:

Happy for you and yours though breh. It's worth more than gold :salute:

I get it.. But, let me say that it took over a half century of my life to find someone who was emotionally mature. Actually, me and my lady are talking about this topic now.

I think that it comes down to how a person feels about you. Those who care about you will show it. Those who don't care may or may not show it.

Appreciate the well wishes Breh! I hope you find that fly minded woman in your life! Salute!