Can anyone recommend other science fiction RPGs?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
thanks for all the suggestions…I don’t have a PC that I would realistically enjoy gaming on…I have an old 15” laptop that I mostly use for torrents…ipads/tablets have long since replaced any computers I have in my house so I’ll have to hold off on the PC suggestions for now…and for some of the older games if they don’t have FPS boost on the XSX then I’ll hold off on them for later…games at the forefront that I will try are…
  • deus ex mankind divided (bought human revolution but will hold off on it)
  • nier automata (played a lot of it before but will revisit it)
  • fallout 4 (will try it after ratchet and clank…holding off on 3/new vegas)
  • the outer worlds
  • wasteland 3
  • detroit become human (like nier, played a lot of it…will revisit it)
…there are lots of rumors of a KOTOR remake/remaster…so as much greatness as I’ve heard about this game, I’m willing to wait and see if the rumors come to light
Bet, just for your interest: Deus Ex Mankind Divided is the direct sequel of Human Revolution. Might feel a little bit lost story wise if you play MD first

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I don't know if these would count as RPGs but here ya go OP:

• Elite Dangerous- Hold off on the latest expansion and just dive into the main game. Its basically space trucking where you can do missions for credits, get into dog fights, and do anything just to get a rep.
  • No Man's Sky- Same thing as Elite Dangerous, but a little more freedom. Think Minecraft in space.
  • Eve Online- Very chilled MMO that could get deadly if you are at the wrong place at the wrong time
  • Rimworld-Think The Sims but more adult and deep science fiction. If you enjoy base building with a bit of simulation that can be unpredictable, this is legit a addictive game.
  • Deus Ex series- Nuff said
  • Fallout series- Nuff said

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if these would count as RPGs but here ya go OP:

• Elite Dangerous- Hold off on the latest expansion and just dive into the main game. Its basically space trucking where you can do missions for credits, get into dog fights, and do anything just to get a rep.
  • No Man's Sky- Same thing as Elite Dangerous, but a little more freedom. Think Minecraft in space.
  • Eve Online- Very chilled MMO that could get deadly if you are at the wrong place at the wrong time
  • Rimworld-Think The Sims but more adult and deep science fiction. If you enjoy base building with a bit of simulation that can be unpredictable, this is legit a addictive game.
  • Deus Ex series- Nuff said
  • Fallout series- Nuff said

the learning curve for elite dangerous is very steep…I tried no man’s sky on PSVR…need to revisit it again…think I have it on xbox as well…rimworld definitely sounds interesting

*edit*

rimworld on PC…looks like the type of classic RPGs some y’all were discussing…don’t think I’m ready for those yet

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
the learning curve for elite dangerous is very steep…I tried no man’s sky on PSVR…need to revisit it again…think I have it on xbox as well…rimworld definitely sounds interesting

*edit*

rimworld on PC…looks like the type of classic RPGs some y’all were discussing…don’t think I’m ready for those yet

Fair enough, but trust when I say Rimworld is truly a gamechanger. I mean they never lower down the price because the game is that good. Its like one of those games that is a must to have as a gamer, but I feel you on being weary on that game and the others. Elite Dangerous is one of those games where one of those old school pilot joysticks come into play because playing with a controller is a bit rough :huhldup:.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
All these series and 100 hour experiences I feel bad recommending fallout before. Play Prey 2017. It's short for an rpg runs smooth and ticks all the boxes with some unique game design (more than hacking/lockpicks). Prey is like if the deus ex team adapted a Harlan Ellison short story. I even read the emails.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
didn’t realize wasteland 3 was turn-based :hhh:

but I put a lot of effort into customizing the characters so I’ll continue it tomorrow :ld:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fallout 4 is easily my most played game of the gen. Beat it multiple times on PS4, PC, and X1. If you've got a PC or Xbox I'd play it on there for the mods. PS4 has some mod support but it's severely gimped compared to xbox.

Mods give you all the extra content and gameplay tweaks you could ever need to make the game play however you like, which is one of the series biggest strengths IMO

finally getting around to starting this on the XSX…playing with these 3 mods…

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Fallout 4 is easily my most played game of the gen. Beat it multiple times on PS4, PC, and X1. If you've got a PC or Xbox I'd play it on there for the mods. PS4 has some mod support but it's severely gimped compared to xbox.

Mods give you all the extra content and gameplay tweaks you could ever need to make the game play however you like, which is one of the series biggest strengths IMO

Outer Worlds is great too although it's a AA game so its not as "big" or as refined as fallout. Still an awesome SciFi RPG tho
Breh, I tried activating mods on FO4 on PS4 but the game crashes a lot. Any solutions?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh, I tried activating mods on FO4 on PS4 but the game crashes a lot. Any solutions?

Probably have to mess with your load order or maybe remove a mod that’s conflicting with another. Some mods descriptions will tell you “place at bottom/top of load order” or “mod doesn’t work with ___”. If you have two mods thatre changing the same things they may not play nicely together and cause crashes

Mods on the PlayStation version are hella weak tho cuz Sony doesn’t allow scripts to be ran from them, so there are significantly less mods on PS than Xbox. Was the whole reason I ended up getting an xbox last gen :manny:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The Shadowrun games are free on PC right now and even a toaster could run them. They're all good but Shadowrun: Hong Kong is amazing. Star Wars: The Old Republic games are all solid too.
Do I need to play the other Shadowruns first to play the Hong Kong one?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Do I need to play the other Shadowruns first to play the Hong Kong one?
You can play it straight away - and I'd recommend it that way too. Shadowrun OG and Dragonfall are both solid games, but they aged harder than HK by a lot. They help color the world a bit better, but you can play any of the entries by themselves and do just fine.