Can anyone recommend other science fiction RPGs?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve heard. Lol So do I have to play 1 I’m order to get the full experience

same universe world but different self contained stories. My main issue with divinity 1 was the writing was a little too jokey jokey for my taste. It’s like they were going to cheeky parody humor the whole game.

the second one has some funny stuff but it’s much better written. It was one of the main things they stressed on improving

I also li,e the overall style of it a lot more also, a lot less cartoony in general

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasteland 3 is good but again your main characters, outside of the recruitable ones don’t have any story or personality. You have to kind of outfit them with whatever you want them to say and act like

Thats kind of the real difference between the AAA pseudo-rpgs and the crpgs. Thats why i love divinity because you can just use the characters they already have story for and customize them to your liking so you get best of both worlds.

I think the only way you’re really gonna scratch the mass effect itch is to wait for starfield and even then Bethesda games don’t really do character stories that well either.

KoTOR feels the most like mass effect in terms of structure, plot, characters, which is why I think mass effect even exist in the first place. It’s just the gameplay and the graphics are incredibly dated, if you can get past that its the closest thing to Mass Effect you can get.

There were rumors they were remaking it, i wonder whats going on with that. Disney probably axed it

again…don’t need a mass effect clone…I learned my lesson playing andromeda in an attempt to maintain my “fix”…just want to see tho if there are any other good sci-fi games (particularly RPG)…in general I can’t think of too many…truth be told, trailers for jett and pragmata “inspired” this thread more so than mass effect

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
again…don’t need a mass effect clone…I learned my lesson playing andromeda in an attempt to maintain my “fix”…just want to see tho if there are any other good sci-fi games (particularly RPG)…in general I can’t think of too many…truth be told, trailers for jett and pragmata “inspired” this thread more so than mass effect

Play Portal 1 and 2

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Divinity Original Sin 2 is the greatest rpg ever made. Don’t do yourself the disservice of not playing it. :yeshrug:

I’ve played that game 4 times since it released, on both pc and console. Might play it again before i die

If we are talking about in the classical sense of role playing a character, yeah Divinity Original Sin 2 is bare minimum top 3. As far as the game as a whole adding in the technical part, it's a great game yeah but it aint the greatest bro. Definitely a classic though not fronting on it cause I love 1 and 2, but not the greatest.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If we are talking about in the classical sense of role playing a character, yeah Divinity Original Sin 2 is bare minimum top 3. As far as the game as a whole adding in the technical part, it's a great game yeah but it aint the greatest bro. Definitely a classic though not fronting on it cause I love 1 and 2, but not the greatest.

Also take into account i rate western rpgs different than JRPGs....they are too different.

But just wondering what do you think is better than Divinity?

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
i dont know if it would be considered sci fi exactly but dishonored 1 and 2 are real fun, not very similar to mass effect in terms of gameplay but theyre both narrative and character heavy

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Fallout 4 (mod it)

Im gonna try this game called Technomancer, reviews all over the place but its 4 bucks

Detroit Become Human

The Outer Worlds

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dont know if it would be considered sci fi exactly but dishonored 1 and 2 are real fun, not very similar to mass effect in terms of gameplay but theyre both narrative and character heavy

I played both plus death of an outsider…great series…dishonored and ME1-3 have been the best games I’ve played the last few years hands down…it could definitely be squeezed under sci-fi

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thanks for all the suggestions…I don’t have a PC that I would realistically enjoy gaming on…I have an old 15” laptop that I mostly use for torrents…ipads/tablets have long since replaced any computers I have in my house so I’ll have to hold off on the PC suggestions for now…and for some of the older games if they don’t have FPS boost on the XSX then I’ll hold off on them for later…games at the forefront that I will try are…
  • deus ex mankind divided (bought human revolution but will hold off on it)
  • nier automata (played a lot of it before but will revisit it)
  • fallout 4 (will try it after ratchet and clank…holding off on 3/new vegas)
  • the outer worlds
  • wasteland 3
  • detroit become human (like nier, played a lot of it…will revisit it)
…there are lots of rumors of a KOTOR remake/remaster…so as much greatness as I’ve heard about this game, I’m willing to wait and see if the rumors come to light

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd highly suggest just rolling with wasteland 3 and then desus ex or the outer worlds