Can any Christian / Jew explain this?

timeless

All Star
Daps
yeah I dont mess with it

its wisdom is unclean to me, God never desired us to dislike women or not seek after them

its money/power that is corrupting. Women dont necessarily corrupt, our false ideas about them corrupt us. Women always show you what they are

@HarlemHottie @Gloxina @timeless would you agree with that sentiment? :jbhmm:

it was said that Jacob's children pleased his wives so much that they sent their handmaidens to him to sire even more children :wow:

Oh yes, most definitely. The importance of femininity has been downtrodden so bad that a lot of people think that we have a natural inclination to be concubines of the devil. There's nothing corrupt about a woman. Only the individual.

I like the apocryphal though. Has some interesting stuff in there, but like the saying goes you chew the meat and spit out the bones.

Or is it eat the meat and spit out the bones? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Because in this very thread you said the words of Moses could potentially be unreliable. (im assuming due to translations or maybe you have a different reason). Thats why I'm struggling with. Im not talking about the Gospels. Notice I stopped even bringing them up like that in this convo. I'm staying in the Tanakh

If we cant even read exodus or Deut without it being problematic, then we're all wasting our time studying this book.
i have not said a negative thing about moses 5 books

but i do say they can be interpreted in more than one way :yeshrug: this would put me at odds with church leaders in the orthodox church but it is my personal belief

to me putting a static interpretation on Moses' books...or even the gospels for that matter severely limit how you consider God.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
i have not said a negative thing about moses 5 books

but i do say they can be interpreted in more than one way :yeshrug: this would put me at odds with church leaders in the orthodox church but it is my personal belief

to me putting a static interpretation on Moses' books...or even the gospels for that matter severely limit how you consider God.

ok I appreciate the clarification...I came in the thread when someone quoted u asking that question. Thats why I came with the energy of "so what DO you believe in".

Makes sense now

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Oh yes, most definitely. The importance of femininity has been downtrodden so bad that a lot of people think that we have a natural inclination to be concubines of the devil. There's nothing corrupt about a woman. Only the individual.

I like the apocryphal though. Has some interesting stuff in there, but like the saying goes you chew the meat and spit out the bones.

Or is it eat the meat and spit out the bones?
🤔
its times like this why i know I am unclean

giphy.gif

I think when men legitimately try to become priests of their household only good can come from it. Women's dabblings become clearer and the house is cleansed of bad influences. My lady makes homemade everything just for fun and inexplicably has learned new things every year.

My child has been without any issues (knock on wood) and my second is coming in healthy as well. God has brought me all that I need every day.

timeless

All Star
Daps
its times like this why i know I am unclean

giphy.gif

I think when men legitimately try to become priests of their household only good can come from it. Women's dabblings become clearer and the house is cleansed of bad influences. My lady makes homemade everything just for fun and inexplicably has learned new things every year.

My child has been without any issues (knock on wood) and my second is coming in healthy as well. God has brought me all that I need every day.

I'm laughing at the first part, but the second half is nothing but love ♥. That is where men shine; when they are taking care of home and doing so alongside their woman. You found a good thing when you found your lady and the synergy between you both has produced (thus far) good fruit. Keep it up, all children require a balanced household. 😊

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm laughing at the first part, but the second half is nothing but love ♥. That is where men shine; when they are taking care of home and doing so alongside their woman. You found a good thing when you found your lady and the synergy between you both has produced (thus far) good fruit. Keep it up, all children require a balanced household. 😊
ironically thanks to @Marks a strange visual is always in my mind whenever I am thinking of being heavy-handed :mjcry:

buddhaandtheangryman.jpg

this isnt over yet Siddharthaaaa (one who accomplishes a goal)

timeless

All Star
Daps
  • Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
What image is that? Why is he pointing at that man? 🤔

Omg I loved captain planet as a kid lol made me wanted to be a better human and stop litering :obama:

The-Gift-of-Self.jpg

After many days of travel, Buddha arrived at a small town to give a speech. Everyone was happy to see him, except one young man.

While Buddha spoke, the man was shouting at him. Buddha did not pay attention and continued speaking. This infuriated the man even more. He walked directly in front of Buddha and continued to ridicule him. “You have no right to teach others. You’re stupid and you’re a fake!”

The crowd began to react to this young man’s caustic behavior. Buddha stopped the crowd from turning against him and said, “It is not always necessary to counter aggression by aggression.”

Instead, he turned to the man and asked, “If you buy a gift for someone and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?”

The young man was surprised by the question, thought for a moment and answered, “It would belong to me because I bought the gift.”

The Buddha said, “Correct. It’s the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I don’t feel insulted nor accept your hostility, the anger falls back on you, as it was initially yours to give. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you’ve done is hurt yourself.”

The young man understood, clasped his hands together and slowly bowed to the Buddha. It was an acknowledgement that this man learned a valuable lesson that day.

And so, the Buddha concluded, “As a mirror reflects an object, as a still lake reflects the sky, take care that what you speak or act is for good. For goodness will always cast back goodness and harm will always cast back harm.”

he casts weird reflections :sadbron:
insert-276040001.jpg

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if that was the case the epistles would not be recited in churches across the world

Paul and other apostles were the ones who wrote down the Gospels...not necessarily Jesus. So yes Paul is the spreader of Christianity but not necessarily its origin. Pentecost is its origin with Peter and James the brother of Jesus.

Ishmael technically has strong association with Joktan...

how is this an otherwise passage?

Moses said not to add to his scriptures and David possessed those very same scriptures when he sung the Psalms with his harp and had them recorded.

Yea but technically Christianity started before Paul (Paul even persecuted Christians remember)

You’re acting like it began when things were written in books

Jesus started the movement

It spread based off the teachings and reactions to what Jesus said and did

Let’s not even say “Christianity”

Let’s say “messianic Judaism” which started when Jesus came and people believed in him

If you take Paul away from the Bible we still have followers of the “way” as their religion or faith

Without Paul, maybe the “church” would be different but I see the same issues Paul addressed happening throughout history and even today

That’s just life

The idea of Muhammad as not a prophet destroys the entire credibility of Islam although the Religion would still exist historically but everyone would know it to be something false other than Judaism

And it would make Jesus by default who he is in Christianity/History (the messiah/Son of God/Divine) etc... Because Arabs would have no other prophet to believe in...... unless they just become regular Jews who don’t believe in Jesus at all

The point is take Paul out of Christianity and it still survives and spreads without him

Remember it’s not Christians job to “convert” people

If it spreads to the world in X amount years more or less doesn’t matter is up to God. That’s his plan

Islam on the other hand was more about conquest and forced conversion as some type of religious war/competition about who is “right”

Kinda like how Christianity spread in the “new world” by colonization

But back to the point,

if you take Muhammad out of the Quran and it’s just another Heretical form of Christianity or Arab Judaism

And if we go off your “what was WRITTEN as scripture” historically marks the beginning of a religion Muhammad life and teachings attributed to him came much later after Islam was already an established movement and alternative religion

Interesting you bring up SINGING proverbs :troll:

You know a lot of the Quran is basically written version of traditional liturgical Arab poetry :lolbron:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Interesting you bring up SINGING proverbs :troll:

You know a lot of the Quran is basically written version of traditional liturgical Arab poetry :lolbron:
psalms not proverbs :umad:proverbs are technically poetry

psalms arent just in the bible there are psalms in other religious traditions too. They are usually sung poetry. Thats why there are instructions to the musicians etc at the beginning of many psalms.

all i know is that whether you agree with the contents of the Quran is besides the point. If God ordained that christianity would be successful in that part of the world it would be. But there is great evidence to something within christianity that is dividing it (Gog and Magog)

ill leave it at that

make sure to turn on subtitles

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
yeah I dont mess with it

its wisdom is unclean to me, God never desired us to dislike women or not seek after them

its money/power that is corrupting. Women dont necessarily corrupt, our false ideas about them corrupt us. Women always show you what they are

@HarlemHottie @Gloxina @timeless would you agree with that sentiment? :jbhmm:
Yep. Jezebel wasn't sneaky. She walked through the front door with it. :mjlol:

• Dap

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
psalms not proverbs :umad:proverbs are technically poetry

psalms arent just in the bible there are psalms in other religious traditions too. They are usually sung poetry. Thats why there are instructions to the musicians etc at the beginning of many psalms.

all i know is that whether you agree with the contents of the Quran is besides the point. If God ordained that christianity would be successful in that part of the world it would be. But there is great evidence to something within christianity that is dividing it (Gog and Magog)

ill leave it at that

make sure to turn on subtitles

I had a good conversation related to this topic but depends what you define as “Christianity”

And maybe true Christianity is more visible when presented in contrast with Islam which many historians would say began as “anti Christian” or anti Jesus at its core

Muhammad is just a “prophet” figure whose legend was used to legitimize it, spread it and separate Jew from Arab.... or should I say replace Jew with Arab

Even to your own point, why don’t we have a bunch of heretical forms of Gnostic Christianity spread all over the world

They all died out

But we still have 1 ISLAM

Next topic? :sas1:

Jehovah’s Witness :sas2:

Edit: and I see you avoided the whole topic of Paul :banderas:

Last edited:
  • Haha

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yep. Jezebel wasn't sneaky. She walked through the front door with it. :mjlol:
and in a weird irony, she was killed by being thrown out the window ala Jazzy Jeff. God has a sense of humor :skip:
fresh-prince-dj-jazzy-jeff.gif

Knowing that Jehu was coming, Jezebel put on make-up and a formal wig with adornments and looked out of a window, taunting him. Bromiley says that it should be looked at less as an attempt at seduction than the public appearance of the queen mother, invested with the authority of the royal house and cult, confronting a rebellious commander.[15] In his two-volume Guide to the Bible (1967 and 1969), Isaac Asimov describes Jezebel's last act: dressing in all her finery, make-up, and jewelry, as deliberately symbolic, indicating her dignity, royal status, and determination to go out of this life as a queen.[25]

Jehu later ordered Jezebel's eunuch servants to throw her from the window. Her blood splattered on the wall and horses, and Jehu's horse trampled her corpse. He entered the palace where, after he ate and drank, he ordered Jezebel's body to be taken for burial. His servants discovered only her skull, her feet, and the palms of her hands—her flesh had been eaten by stray dogs, just as the prophet Elijah had prophesied.

:wow:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Jews by their names are followers of JUDAH (pbuh).
The term יהודי Y'hûdi (the masculine inflexion of the adjective associated with the proper noun יהודה Y'hûdah) is a demonym derived from the name of our former kingdom and not from the tribe of the same name: as such, it is equally applicable to ALL our constituent sh'vaṭîm ('tribes'), not only shévêṭ Y'hûdah and shévêṭ Bin'yamîn.

Thats why today you see only their tribe and Benjamin
That is a common misconception. I am not from Y'hûdah or Bin'yamîn (and neither is Sccit, for that matter).

keep trying to antagonize Ishmael brehs.

Genesis 16:11-13
From the strictly grammatical point of view, Yîshma'él SHOULD have been described as אדם פרא as opposed to פרא אדם, because the noun אדם ought to have PRECEDED the adjective פרא (unless, in essence, Yîshma'él is truly a savage (פרא functioning as the noun) with some human qualities (אדם functioning as the adjective).

According to our Tōrâh, therefore, Yîshma'él cannot help but act like the animal he was prophesied to be.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The term יהודי Y'hûdi (the masculine inflexion of the adjective associated with the proper noun יהודה Y'hûdah) is a demonym derived from the name of our former kingdom and not from the tribe of the same name: as such, it is equally applicable to ALL our constituent sh'vaṭîm ('tribes'), not only shévêṭ Y'hûdah and shévêṭ Bin'yamîn.

That is a common misconception. I am not from Y'hûdah or Bin'yamîn (and neither is Sccit, for that matter).

From the strictly grammatical point of view, Yîshma'él
SHOULD have been described as אדם פרא as opposed to פרא אדם, because the noun אדם ought to have PRECEDED the adjective פרא (unless, in essence, Yîshma'él is truly a savage (פרא functioning as the noun) with some human qualities (אדם functioning as the adjective).

According to our Tōrâh, therefore, Yîshma'él cannot help but act like the animal he was prophesied to be.
thanks for the clarfication

what tribe do you and @Sccit represent?

if he is prophesied to alike an animal...then perhaps its unavoidable...but it is also said that the lion will eat straw when messiah has arrived :jbhmm:

maybe fate can be...misdirected?