Can any Christian / Jew explain this?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
cool read.

I personally dont rock with the Talmud. I see no text in the Tanakh that alludes to a separate complimentary oral torah being required to properly understand the written law given to Moses :manny: .

Deuteronomy 30:10​

10 if you obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, and if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.​

giphy.gif

We know Christ himself quoted from the book of Daniel at the temple... and the Septuagint was around at that time. So if the LXX was good enough for the greek speaking Jews, its good enough for me.

The talmud got suspect teaching..The mishna telling rabbi's to suck the baby penis, a trend that caused a herpes outbreak in NY?

but the Jewish cats are going to tell me im a goy and dont understand their high sciences :hubie:
you probably dont know their high sciences :pachaha: i have mixed feelings about the talmud because there is counterintuitive wisdom there

but you can tell that they took the zohar and baked their own bread so to speak (remember jesus warning about the leaven of pharisees)

in either case, I agree with your sentiment but I also know that learning traditions can give you a better understanding of why you do things and why some books were kept and others discarded. IE I read parts of the Talmud, Quran and Rigveda not because I believe them outright but because I want to know how others think that are also believers. It gives me greater insight into what I already believe and helps peel away bad ideas that I store up too.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
you probably dont know their high sciences :pachaha: i have mixed feelings about the talmud because there is counterintuitive wisdom there

but you can tell that they took the zohar and baked their own bread so to speak (remember jesus warning about the leaven of pharisees)

in either case, I agree with your sentiment but I also know that learning traditions can give you a better understanding of why you do things and why some books were kept and others discarded. IE I read parts of the Talmud, Quran and Rigveda not because I believe them outright but because I want to know how others think that are also believers. It gives me greater insight into what I already believe and helps peel away bad ideas that I store up too.

I for sure dont know their high sciences , imma let them hold that tho:whoa:

But u right. It's hard to know where your blind side is if you only stay in echo chambers.

Thats why these types of conversations are important...Im here for the silly coli humor, but I like to learn too. If somebody has texts/resources that can add to the convo, bring em to the party :blessed:

I remember I randomly went down a Mormon/LDS rabbit hole for a few month straight :wow: they wildin over there lol

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I for sure dont know their high sciences , imma let them hold that tho:whoa:

But u right. It's hard to know where your blind side is if you only stay in echo chambers.

Thats why these types of conversations are important...Im here for the silly coli humor, but I like to learn too. If somebody has texts/resources that can add to the convo, bring em to the party :blessed:

I remember I randomly went down a Mormon/LDS rabbit hole for a few month straight :wow: they wildin over there lol
dont underestimate it

while the content might seem bizarre the patterns are real :wow: golden plates or golden threads?

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
dont be united with Simeon :whoa: remember that undead dogbeast. When and if you sing Adir Hu remember what I said
Why Addir Hu?

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
YOU ARE ALSO A LEVI?!
A kōhén, strictly speaking. As a little perraḥ k'hunnah, my great-grandfather used to make his way along R'ḥōv Hay'hudîm to ascend the duchan at Beit Hak'neset Haḥurvah and pronounce Bîr'kat Hakōhanîm (the three-fold b'rachah prescribed by B'mîdbar 6:24-26 in Parashat Nasō') alongside his father during Shaḥarît on y'mei ōl.

This was well before the Ḥurvah's eventual destruction by the Yardénîm during the 5708 War of Independence. In those days, 'Émek Haḥuleh was still an undrained swamp infested by nasty yattushîm. His mother would not allow him to go anywhere near the Ḥuleh, for that was known as y'rîdat sh'ōlah (slang: 'going down into hell')!

Likewise. And here is to yesterday's fast, hoping it treated you and your family well (save it for Kiddush!):🍷

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
A kōhén, strictly speaking. As a little perraḥ k'hunnah, my great-grandfather used to make his way along R'ḥōv Hay'hudîm to ascend the duchan at Beit Hak'neset Haḥurvah and pronounce Bîr'kat Hakōhanîm (the three-fold b'rachah prescribed by B'mîdbar 6:24-26 in Parashat Nasō') alongside his father during Shaḥarît on y'mei ōl.

This was well before the Ḥurvah's eventual destruction by the Yardénîm during the 5708 War of Independence. In those days, 'Émek Haḥuleh was still an undrained swamp infested by nasty yattushîm. His mother would not allow him to go anywhere near the Ḥuleh, for that was known as y'rîdat sh'ōlah (slang: 'going down into hell')!

Likewise. And here is to yesterday's fast, hoping it treated you and your family well (save it for Kiddush!):
🍷
something that I was thinking about while reading this....could the breastplate be taken to allegorically be a "firmament"?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I got another question for Jews and Christians

Can one of you explain this:

Genesis 19:30-36 NIV

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains,for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

:dahell:

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.”
35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

:scust:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I got another question for Jews and Christians

Can one of you explain this:

Genesis 19:30-36 NIV

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains,for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

:dahell:

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.”
35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

:scust:
the means of pregnancy may not be as you think

both Abraham and Lot came out of Ur of the Chaldees (light of the chaldeans)...meaning they are not created in the way you think

in other words. The wine itself may be the mode of pregnancy

so i hope you enjoyed that box wine :troll:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
the means of pregnancy may not be as you think

both Abraham and Lot came out of Ur of the Chaldees (light of the chaldeans)...meaning they are not created in the way you think

in other words. The wine itself may be the mode of pregnancy

so i hope you enjoyed that box wine :troll:
:what:

+10 for originality as I never heard that Juelzing before, but still WTF? The wine got them pregnant? Not the getting him drunk and him hitting it raw lifetime regret incest impregnation ?

• Haha

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:what:

+10 for originality as I never heard that Juelzing before, but still WTF? The wine got them pregnant? Not the getting him drunk and him hitting it raw lifetime regret incest impregnation ?
thats the same feeling i had

but like I said you gotta dive deep if you are going to begin to understand genesis

remember one of Esaus wives Adah means "adornments" and another his wives means Basemath "sweet smells"

Genesis 8:21

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
:sas1: how many levels can you see now

when God came down to see the tower built by men. He confused their languages...so that they would no longer understand eachother...how could people have had one speech and one tongue?

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
something that I was thinking about while reading this....could the breastplate be taken to allegorically be a "firmament"?
It's complicated... but the short answer is no.

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
lets just say, its a play on words like this post here:

pardon this turkey since you said i dabble in "gobbledy gook xianese" :sas1:
Aha! I had my suspicions that you were attempting to connect הוּא hu (the masculine singular nominative pronoun 'he') with the Egyptian 'Hu' (properly Ḥu or Ħu, a guttural sound similar to a heavily aspirated h).

One who fails to distinguish between the letters ה (h) and ח () may come to read Y'sha'yahu 8:17 as וְהִכֵּיתִי לַייָ v'hikkeiti ladōnay ('I will strike...') as opposed to וְחִכִּיתִי לַייָ v'ḥikkiti ladōnay ('I will wait for Adōnay')!!!

Remember, in Hebrew transliteration:
ה (h)
ח ( or h)
כ, ךְ (ch, ch)
כּ, ךּ (k, k)
The first letter in the Egyptian Ḥu corresponds to the Hebrew letter ח (), not ה (h)!

• Haha