Can a Arcadiumbreh explain to me like a Joey of why the Microsoft/Activision deal is controversial?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They bought smaller studios that they already had close relations with. Act like buying those studios when they did, and buying Activision/Blizzard and Bethesda are the same thing lol

Microsoft can't make it work with their own studios and IPs clearly. They don't have the creativity. So they're buying Elder Scrolls and COD lol
So you saying microsoft should have purchased bethesda and activision a long time ago :ohhh:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So you saying microsoft should have purchased bethesda and activision a long time ago :ohhh:
No. These are giant widely-known third party studios. Buy smaller studios that you have IPs with and build them up with more funding and exposure.

It's like Nintendo buying Monolith Soft when they did and how they've grown. They didn't buy Capcom breh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No. These are giant widely-known third party studios. Buy smaller studios that you have IPs with and build them up with more funding and exposure.

It's like Nintendo buying Monolith Soft when they did and how they've grown. They didn't buy Capcom breh
No. Going by how you contextualized sony buying studios as a good thing, you are saying microsoft should have purchased Bethesda and Activision a long time ago.

Remember the elder scrolls games and COD were firstly exclusive to xbox. Microsoft has had a great working relationship with the studios over the years.

So essentially what you are saying is that microsoft is bad for not buying up their talent and content and locking it away from everyone else a long time ago.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No. Going by how you contextualized sony buying studios as a good thing, you are saying microsoft should have purchased Bethesda and Activision a long time ago.

Remember the elder scrolls games and COD were firstly exclusive to xbox. Microsoft has had a great working relationship with the studios over the years.

So essentially what you are saying is that microsoft is bad for not buying up their talent and content and locking it away from everyone else a long time ago.
These dudes idiots man :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

People also seem to forget microsoft bought 10 other smaller studios before bethesda and no one cared. Its not like they are just purchasing two publishers, they already made a dozen acquisitions beforehand like sony have.

But phil said…

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

enz9p6w.png

XFZFUyF.png

This nikka just blatantly lying and nikkas dapping this bullshyt up. This sub-forum literally has dumb/slow nikkas dapping up bullshyt all day and posting smilies thinking they're saying something. :laff:

No wonder you dudes dislike when I post so much because I stay nipping the bs in the bud.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't like it because I don't trust corporations, and that is especially double for Microsoft. They're all going to do what is in their interest, and that includes anti-consumer crap. I'll leave it at that because others have better eloquently laid out how I feel.
They don't hear you. For all this "it's just business talk" they can't see more than 2 months ahead.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
enz9p6w.png

XFZFUyF.png

This nikka just blatantly lying and nikkas dapping this bullshyt up. This sub-forum literally has dumb/slow nikkas dapping up bullshyt all day and posting smilies thinking they're saying something. :laff:

No wonder you dudes dislike when I post so much because I stay nipping the bs in the bud.
COD didn’t come to playstation until the remaster 6 years after it came out.

COD 2 NEVER came to playstation.

No lies told here. :ufdup:

Really not cool to call people dumb/slow as you yourself are wrong.

Please do better little buddy :cheers:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
COD didn’t come to playstation until the remaster 6 years after it came out on xbox

COD 2 NEVER came to playstation.

No lies told here. :ufdup:

Really not cool to call people dumb/slow as you yourself are wrong.

Please do better little buddy :cheers:

Call of Duty: Finest Hour is a first-person shooter video game developed by Spark Unlimited and published by Activision for GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. It is the first console installment of Call of Duty.
The first CONSOLE COD came out on all three platforms in 2004.

The first mainline COD was released on PC first.
JAjED85.png

It didn't even release on Xbox, it released on Windows and then was ported to 360 AND PS3 years later. WTF are you talking about?

Talking about it's not cool to call people dumb/slow and I'm wrong lol.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They bought smaller studios that they already had close relations with. Act like buying those studios when they did, and buying Activision/Blizzard and Bethesda are the same thing lol

Microsoft can't make it work with their own studios and IPs clearly. They don't have the creativity. So they're buying Elder Scrolls and COD lol
Activision was going for sale rather Microsoft was going to buy it or not. Sony doesnt have the money to buy Activision otherwise they would of bidded themselves.

Sony buys what they can afford. They not buying "cheaper" companies out of good faith with the hard task of building them up, its what they can afford :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The first CONSOLE COD came out on all three platforms in 2004.

The first mainline COD was released on PC first.
JAjED85.png

It didn't even release on Xbox, it released on Windows and then was ported to 360 AND PS3 years later. WTF are you talking about?
This is a spin-off game from the OG pc version.

All of this was packaged up and called COD classic on PS360

COD 2 the game that started its popularity and the popularity of online shooters in general was exclusive to xbox.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

COD 2 the game that started its popularity and the popularity of online shooters in general was exclusive to xbox.
:wow: Now this guy moves the goalpost to "popularity" to change his initial post:

Remember the elder scrolls games and COD were firstly exclusive to xbox.

Come on dog, you just making shyt up as you go. It'd be like me saying "Metal Gear Solid were firstly exclusive to Xbox"
and then someone posts Metal Gear releasing on NES first and then I respond with "Metal Gear Solid is the game that started its popularity and the popularity of stealth games was exclusive to Playstation."

"Final Fantasy was firstly exclusive to Playstation"

*FF on SNES gets posted*

"No no, FFVII was the game that started its popularity and the popularity of JRPGS in general was exclusive to PS1 :youngsabo: "

*Chrono Trigger exists*

and if we keep it a buck, I'm sure the PC heads would NOT say COD 2 in 2005 jump-started multiplayer popularity. Your stannery is so disgusting you literally can't even keep your lies together. So COD2 on Xbox 360 was more popular than fukking HALO 2!?!?

Damn this guy stans so hard he accidentally shoots friendly fire at his own :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP asks for simple explanation; thread devolves into fukkery.

Go ahead and cook breh, but we gonna act like Halo 2, Quake 1-3, the Unreal Tournament series, Doom and Doom 2, Team Fortress/Team Fortress Classic, OG Rainbow Six, and Counterstrike didn't exist?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wow: Now this guy moves the goalpost to "popularity" to change his initial post:

Come on dog, you just making shyt up as you go. It'd be like me saying "Metal Gear Solid were firstly exclusive to Xbox"
and then someone posts Metal Gear releasing on NES first and then I respond with "Metal Gear Solid is the game that started its popularity and the popularity of stealth games was exclusive to Playstation."

"Final Fantasy was firstly exclusive to Playstation"

*FF on SNES gets posted*

"No no, FFVII was the game that started its popularity and the popularity of JRPGS in general was exclusive to PS1 :youngsabo: "

*Chrono Trigger exists*

and if we keep it a buck, I'm sure the PC heads would NOT say COD 2 in 2005 jump-started multiplayer popularity. Your stannery is so disgusting you literally can't even keep your lies together. So COD2 on Xbox 360 was more popular than fukking HALO 2!?!?

Damn this guy stans so hard he accidentally shoots friendly fire at his own :wow:
Stop it. you doing a lot of jewelzing here.

COD started on windows/xbox.

Those are the facts. In the context of talking about close working relationships making acquisitions ok. Microsoft buying activison then would be no different than sony buying Naughty Dogg.

But as usual y’all gotta find a way to spin shyt to make reality not real.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Stop it. you doing a lot of jewelzing here.

COD started on windows/xbox.

Those are the facts. In the context of talking about close working relationships making acquisitions ok. Microsoft buying activison then would be no different than sony buying Naughty Dogg.

But as usual y’all gotta find a way to spin shyt to make reality not real.
Buying 1 developer = Buying 10+ developers at once?