Can a Arcadiumbreh explain to me like a Joey of why the Microsoft/Activision deal is controversial?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shut yo fat ass up if you not gonna put anything constructive into the conversation bytch ass nikka.
Why are you getting so mad if you are not a stan? :patrice:

I literally just posted a tweet showing that "parity" line isn't even true.

but yeah, keep pretending you're not a fanboy by calling someone a "bytch ass nikka" over something you apparently don't really care about. :laff:

I think you need to log off and take a quick walk breh, it's only games we're talking about.
iu

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok, so the fukk what? This is business bruh, what does Microsoft buying Activision which is really them buying 3- 4 IP's(CoD, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo) have to do with you as a gamer? Are you employed by Sony or a major shareholder, you shouldn't give a shyt. The fact that I can't play Final Fantasy on Xbox at all anymore basically because Sony has essentially locked Microsoft out of those games doesn't bother me because you know why... I OWN A PS5.

As a gamer I give no shyts about that, just because I own a particular console does not mean I should have access to everything forever. Especially considering Sony forcing console parity is actually holding the Series X back from what it is truly capable of as a piece of hardware. Sony has 70% of the console market and y'all are complaining because Microsoft wants to somewhat even the playing field and is still giving Sony the option to keep Call of Duty on their console?

You literally have not presented one good reason as a gamer why I should give a shyt if Microsoft buys Activision or not. Y'all talk like stockholders not gamers. Even once this merger does happen(it more than likely will) Sony will still have the largest install base and still have plenty of studios to make games with, this is in no way gonna slow Sony down as a staff, record label, or as a mufukkin crew.
I've explained why I don't like large scale consolidation as a consumer. It's a slippery slope. You don't agree with it. It is what it is.

I'm not here to change your mind.

:umad:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a consumer there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't want this deal to pass. Microsoft taking gaming seriously will only benefit gaming as a whole, because even if you are a Sony fan this will force them to step their game up. You are going to win from this deal either way as a gamer regardless if you are a fan of Playstation or Xbox.

I could care less how much revenue they bring in or sales they have, I AM A GAMER. Being able to pay a subscription fee to play Call of Duty, WoW, and Diablo on top of Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Redfall, Forza, Halo Multiplayer(the single player is ass, but the core gameplay is still pretty good), Grounded, and Sea of Thieves is a steal... instead of paying $70 for each and every one of them on top of whatever MTX's will also come with them... because I'm sure games like Starfield, Redfall, and Forza will be monetized with Microtransactions and in Starfield and Redfall's cases DLC Expansions before too long.

The fact y'all are in here arguing about this the way y'all are is fukking ridiculous and makes me think a lot of y'all need to log off and get laid. Unless you own some serious stock in one of these companies(I actually have stock in both of them, not a huge amount but enough), you should not give a shyt one way or the other as long as you can get access to great games.

This is pretty much how all gamers should feel.

Instead we have people in here worried about some potential doomsday event where MS ruins the game industry simply because it's MS. When in reality the industry is already in shambles or I should say about to implode on itself and yall just so use to it that It seems like the standard. Nothing but "concerned" trolling. When in reality if it was Sony buying up AB yall wouldn't have a care in the world. Industry consolidation would be a passing thought that comes and goes.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Why you getting mad if you not a stan? :picard:

I literally just posted a tweet showing that "parity" line isn't even true.

but yeah, keep pretending you're not a fanboy by calling someone a bytch ass nikka over something you apparently don't really care about. :laff:

I think you need to log off and take a quick walk breh, it's only games we're talking about.

Nah I just don't like old sideline ass cheerleading nikkas like you cuttin into conversations that you aint involved in and got the nerve to not even post anything constructive, just call me a 'fanboy' or a 'stan'.

From the standpoint as a consumer there are two console makers: Sony and Microsoft. One controls 70% of the market and is starting to not only get expensive, but completely uncreative and stale with their game design. So the one with the lesser share of the market space being able to apply some pressure should only BENEFIT me as a gamer because it will make the bigger one have to step their game up.

Nintendo has a complete monopoly on the handheld market and look how that is working out? They sell games for $60 that should only cost $30. Good luck buying anything digital from them on Switch because once they release Switch 2 them digital games are gone. Didn't Sony buy Bungie, a company which Microsoft nurtured and developed and supported? If Sony had the cash to do what Microsoft is doing they would have been did it.

Maybe if Sony lost Call of Duty they can turn Destiny into what Halo could have been if Bungie stayed the development team and not trash ass 343. Or they can get Guerilla to make Killzone again instead of mid ass Horizon. Or bring back Socom US Navy Seals(I would LOVE this). Sony will be fine, gaming will benefit from this acquisition because we will get good games in the end.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is pretty much how all gamers should feel.

Instead we have people in here worried about some potential doomsday event where MS ruins the game industry simply because it's MS. When in reality the industry is already in shambles or I should say about to implode on itself and yall just so use to it that It seems like the standard. Nothing but "concerned" trolling. When in reality if it was Sony buying up AB yall wouldn't have a care in the world. Industry consolidation would be a passing thought that comes and goes.
False, I've posted multiple times that I'd be doing the same thing no matter who was purchasing. I do not think console makers/platforms should be making purchases of this scale. Epic, Steam, Sony, M$, Google, doesn't matter.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, sony doesn’t have any stake in any fighting games and no exclusivity, the only thing they got is EVO which isn’t really unique at this point
The biggest fighting game event in the world was bought by Sony.

No biggie, just a event that for decades has determined the life of a fighting game, the console that would be the preferred version and the standard. Sony had been "sponsoring" evo since Sf5 dropped. And games have been run on inferior versions since and will continue into sf6 at evo. Even tho Capcom is moving to PC's for capcom cup, but evo... Nope

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I just don't like old sideline ass cheerleading nikkas like you cuttin into conversations that you aint involved in and got the nerve to not even post anything constructive, just call me a 'fanboy' or a 'stan'.
Well, I have concluded you definitely have a twinge of green in you from past posts, not sure why that struck a nerve. I posted a link dispelling this notion that forced parity is even a thing but you didn't see it apparently.

From the standpoint as a consumer there are two console makers: Sony and Microsoft. One controls 70% of the market and is starting to not only get expensive, but completely uncreative and stale with their game design. So the one with the lesser share of the market space being able to apply some pressure should only BENEFIT me as a gamer because it will make the bigger one have to step their game up.
In your opinion. God of War is a sequel to a series that undertook a huge revamp to the entire game design. Guerilla created a whole new IP that's in a different genre from their previous games(Killzone). Sounds like a stan thing to say that Sony makes uncreative/stale games. Have you ever heard of Dreams? Played Returnal? Stray? FAR from stale. If they were stale, it'd be reflected in their reception and sales which says otherwise. If anything is stale, it's Halo and Gears which are two IPS that I really enjoy but they've definitely gotten stale as per their reception lately.

Nintendo has a complete monopoly on the handheld market and look how that is working out? They sell games for $60 that should only cost $30. Good luck buying anything digital from them on Switch because once they release Switch 2 them digital games are gone.
Huh? BOTW is far from a "handheld" style game. Hell, we just had someone here praising the $70 price tag for the new Zelda. It's not a monolopy because they're successful, anyone can make a handheld right now. A monopoly would be like how Madden has a monopoly on NFL games since they have deal with the NFL for licensing.

Didn't Sony buy Bungie, a company which Microsoft nurtured and developed and supported? If Sony had the cash to do what Microsoft is doing they would have been did it.
Bungie was independent, went under MSFT and left because they wanted to make a new IP and ultimately got with Activision to now being under Sony asn an independent subsidiary.

Maybe if Sony lost Call of Duty they can turn Destiny into what Halo could have been if Bungie stayed the development team and not trash ass 343. Or they can get Guerilla to make Killzone again instead of mid ass Horizon. Or bring back Socom US Navy Seals(I would LOVE this). Sony will be fine, gaming will benefit from this acquisition because we will get good games in the end.
Funny you calling Horizon mid when Killzone was seen as Midzone for years. Clearly, Sony is doing way better now with the games they're making than what you seem to see.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So we should be at the mercy of M$ instead? We've seen how M$ likes to compete with the Windows/IE Lawsuits in the 90s.

How short is that term? What happens when they buy Take 2, Square, Etc "cause they can"?

It's a slippery slope.
No. presumably both will be strong and competeing.

The windows lawsuits are not even a comparable situation AND it happened a long time ago AND they were prevented from causing any harm to the market

What happens when sony buys things cause “they can”

“Slippery slope” is a logical fallacy for a reason.:stopitslime: