Can a Arcadiumbreh explain to me like a Joey of why the Microsoft/Activision deal is controversial?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
False, I've posted multiple times that I'd be doing the same thing no matter who was purchasing. I do not think console makers/platforms should be making purchases of this scale. Epic, Steam, Sony, M$, Google, doesn't matter.
If you cared about consolidation you would have been yelling about it a long time ago.

You clearly have a disdain specifically for microsoft which is why you keep posting about that windows explorer lawsuit from a long time ago.

Stop with the nonsense. None of you would be running around “concerned” if sony purchased activision, cause none of you have been concerned about the industry consolidation they’ve perpetuated over the years.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Would you guys be cool if Apple was the one who purchased Activision?

Only way to stream Future Activision games was through the App Store. Gotta go buy an Apple TV for console like access.

If you cared about consolidation you would have been yelling about it a long time ago.

You clearly have a disdain specifically for microsoft which is why you keep posting about that windows explorer lawsuit from a long time ago.

Stop with the nonsense. None of you would be running around “concerned” if sony purchased activision, cause none of you have been concerned about the industry consolidation they’ve perpetuated over the years.

I have, just not on this board. Hated when Activision started buying studios. Dislike EA for the same reason.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Would you guys be cool if Apple was the one who purchased Activision?

Only way to stream Future Activision games was through the App Store. Gotta go buy an Apple TV for console like access.
I’d rather sony or somebody else’s who has more experience in gaming make the purchase but i wouldn’t be mad.

Business happens every day B. If apple really gave me a reason to buy their hardware i would do it.

Aren’t you always bragging about how you have all platforms. You’d just have another one if you wanted to play the games they are offering :manny:

Now your apple doomsday scenario is nothing like what’s happening with the Microsoft merger. So why you so bothered :ohhh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Well, I have concluded you definitely have a twinge of green in you from past posts, not sure why that struck a nerve. I posted a link dispelling this notion that forced parity is even a thing but you didn't see it apparently.

In your opinion. God of War is a sequel to a series that undertook a huge revamp to the entire game design. Guerilla created a whole new IP that's in a different genre from their previous games(Killzone). Sounds like a stan thing to say that Sony makes uncreative/stale games. Have you ever heard of Dreams? Played Returnal? Stray? FAR from stale. If they were stale, it'd be reflected in their reception and sales which says otherwise. If anything is stale, it's Halo and Gears which are two IPS that I really enjoy but they've definitely gotten stale as per their reception lately.

Huh? BOTW is far from a "handheld" style game. Hell, we just had someone here praising the $70 price tag for the new Zelda. It's not a monolopy because they're successful, anyone can make a handheld right now. A monopoly would be like how Madden has a monopoly on NFL games since they have deal with the NFL for licensing.

Bungie was independent, went under MSFT and left because they wanted to make a new IP and ultimately got with Activision to now being under Sony asn an independent subsidiary.

Funny you calling Horizon mid when Killzone was seen as Midzone for years. Clearly, Sony is doing way better now with the games they're making than what you seem to see.
I have criticized Microsoft plenty on here, ask @PS5 . Sony's game design is stale because it is all 'cinematic game experiences' . Yes I have played Returnal I actually love that game and want Sony to make more games like that, NOT mid ass shyt like Horizon or TLOU.

BOTW is definitely a handheld game bro, imagine if Nintendo had the PS5 level of technology to make a Zelda game, shyt would be insane. As long as they are the overwhelming marketshare holder it's a monopoly until someone else breaks into that space.

You saying all this and still haven't given me one good reason why as a gamer you should not want this deal to go through? Otherwise ya fat ass is just talking out the side of your neck. I'm on the side of games, Microsoft buying Activision is not gonna hurt games at all bruh.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’d rather sony or somebody else’s who has more experience in gaming make the purchase but i wouldn’t be mad.

Business happens every day B. If apple really gave me a reason to buy their hardware i would do it.

Aren’t you always bragging about how you have all platforms. You’d just have another one if you wanted to play the games they are offering :manny:

Now your apple doomsday scenario is nothing like what’s happening with the Microsoft merger. So why you so bothered :ohhh:
I get it's business. Doesn't mean I have to like it as a consumer.

As long as you understand it's not a stan thing with me, I'm done here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have, just not on this board. Hated when Activision started buying studios. Dislike EA for the same reason.
But you ain’t mad at sony tho. The biggest perpetrator and beneficiary of the industry’s consolidation??? :ohhh:

Activision is already thoroughly consolidated. They’ve already bought up a huge portion of the industry and put it on one franchise and signed with one partner at the detriment of the majority of gamers outside that partner.

If anything the microsoft merger effectively pulls some of that back and puts some money/talent toward other franchises and gives consumers more choices than they had before.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have criticized Microsoft plenty on here, ask @PS5 . Sony's game design is stale because it is all 'cinematic game experiences' . Yes I have played Returnal I actually love that game and want Sony to make more games like that, NOT mid ass shyt like Horizon or TLOU.
Yeah, millions disagree with you about TLOU and Horizon. TLOU has some of the best TPS gameplay in a shooting game easily. The fact that it's also like playing a movie is literally chef's kiss. :ohlawd:

I enjoyed the hell out of "PLAYING" TLOU part 2. Hell, it's why there's a whole MP portion being made separately just for the game.
GT7, Ratchet, Stray, Dreams, Spider-Man etc are all GREAT and AMAZING games. Calling the aforementioned games "Stale" is basically subjective and comes off again as some sort of fanboy critique.

Saying they're all cinematic game experiences as if it's some sort of "bad" thing is weird man and is why I always side-eye whoever says that. Hell, Sony literally just released a second VR headset with games that completely change how a game is experienced. Weird critique that seems to always come from supposed "non stans".

BOTW is definitely a handheld game bro, imagine if Nintendo had the PS5 level of technology to make a Zelda game, shyt would be insane. As long as they are the overwhelming marketshare holder it's a monopoly until someone else breaks into that space.
Switch is a hybrid console . BOTW is their biggest Zelda game to date and is far more ambitious than previous "console" games. It's just hybrid.

You saying all this and still haven't given me one good reason why as a gamer you should not want this deal to go through?
Well I never stated a position that I DON'T want this to go through. You guys have selective reading because I've never even stated that. I just have said that people make it seem like it's not unprecedented in gaming acquisitions. That's the strawman that keeps getting thrown out.

Otherwise ya fat ass is just talking out the side of your neck. I'm on the side of games, Microsoft buying Activision is not gonna hurt games at all bruh.
Lol here's the ad hominem attacks. Not even going to feed into that.:mjlol:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you ain’t mad at sony tho. The biggest perpetrator and beneficiary of the industry’s consolidation??? :ohhh:

Activision is already thoroughly consolidated. They’ve already bought up a huge portion of the industry and put it on one franchise and signed with one partner at the detriment of the majority of gamers outside that partner.

If anything the microsoft merger effectively pulls some of that back and puts some money/talent toward other franchises and gives consumers more choices than they had before.
:jbhmm:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I thought this was going to be revolutionary, but so far I seen the FTC getting into the ordeal, Sony trying to intervene, and content creators not too keen of the idea. My question as a gaming marsupial who is lost in the fences of human news, why are we pissed about this merger?

It's anti competitive

Microsoft just decided to buy everything up rather than compete

They ain't did anything with the brands they bought like 4 years ago

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Rather than building up smaller studios (like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Bend) and cultivating their own IPs like Sony, Microsoft is straight up buying some of the biggest studios and IPs to stay in the game.

Some might say it's just business and capitalism as usual, others feel like it's a cheap tactic that a massive corp with an unlimited warchest is using to win
All those studios you just mentioned were bought by Sony :skip: you literally just killed your entire point :laff: (Santa Monica was not bought, but the studios in Santa Monica that develop the games were bought). Sony aint build up shyt :russ:

Sony Acquires Naughty Dog (naughty dog bought)
PlayStation Acquires Its Fifth Studio This Year - IGN (santa monica merger)

literally 100% of the studios/developers you listed were bought by Sony so Nintendo and Microsoft could not gain access to their games :laff:

the posters here are fukking retarded :laff:

The only difference is, Microsoft is trying to buy a bigger developer than Sony can afford, so Sony is throwing a hissy fit.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I don't like it because I don't trust corporations, and that is especially double for Microsoft. They're all going to do what is in their interest, and that includes anti-consumer crap. I'll leave it at that because others have better eloquently laid out how I feel.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All those studios you just mentioned were bought by Sony :skip: you literally just killed your entire point :laff: (Santa Monica was not bought, but the studios in Santa Monica that develop the games were bought). Sony aint build up shyt :russ:

Sony Acquires Naughty Dog (naughty dog bought)
PlayStation Acquires Its Fifth Studio This Year - IGN (santa monica merger)

literally 100% of the studios/developers you listed were bought by Sony so Nintendo and Microsoft could not gain access to their games :laff:

the posters here are fukking retarded :laff:

The only difference is, Microsoft is trying to buy a bigger developer than Sony can afford, so Sony is throwing a hissy fit.
They bought smaller studios that they already had close relations with. Act like buying those studios when they did, and buying Activision/Blizzard and Bethesda are the same thing lol

Microsoft can't make it work with their own studios and IPs clearly. They don't have the creativity. So they're buying Elder Scrolls and COD lol