Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Early 2000s Tom made a living off drives like that for a game winning TD or usually a FG from Adam.

But somehow for Purdy..... "it doesn't count.." :what:

Brady was a game manager who turns into a stone cold killer.

Brock is a game manager.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Early 2000s Tom made a living off drives like that for a game winning TD or usually a FG from Adam.

But somehow for Purdy..... "it doesn't count.." :what:

49ers were a #1 seed and 10 point favorites. Not a slight against Brock, but comparing this to early 2000s Brady is crazy.

There's 0 reason to bring up Brady and this is part of what annoys me about Purdy. The thirst to put him up there like that.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
49ers were a #1 seed and 10 point favorites. Not a slight against Brock, but comparing this to early 2000s Brady is crazy.

There's 0 reason to bring up Brady and this is part of what annoys me about Purdy. The thirst to put him up there like that.

I didn't say he was Brady, I said those are the types of DRIVES (and I'm talking to a Michigan/Brady stan) that Brady had early on and everyone was fawning over. So why should Purdy not receive the same credit.

They actually gave Brady a Super Bowl MVP in a game where he threw for like 100 yards all because he made a couple throws to get them in FG range. :russ:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps

This.

Brady had a stone cold assassin tag from the very 1st SB.

Players feared Brady by year 3.

Muhsin Muhammad knew wassup.

Brady was that dude. Game manager narrative was media driven trying to diminish brady's accomplishment because he never put up gaudy numbers.

When playing against Pats and Brady, there's only 1 way to beat the Pats. It's by getting to Brady. If Brady had a time to throw game was already over. this was pre Randy Moss Brady. Already had that reputation.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I didn't say he was Brady, I said those are the types of DRIVES (and I'm talking to a Michigan/Brady stan) that Brady had early on and everyone was fawning over. So why should Purdy not receive the same credit.

They actually gave Brady a Super Bowl MVP in a game where he threw for like 100 yards all because he made a couple throws to get them in FG range. :russ:

People were fawning over Brady against the Rams because they were underdogs (14 points?) and it was the Superbowl.

This is Purdy playing on the 6th highest DVOA team all time :troll: as a 10 point favorite in the divisional.

Not treating those two situations the same.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
The talks about Lamar being on the same level as Mahomes might be a little too early if he doesn’t go back to Super Bowl this year tho

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The talks about Lamar being on the same level as Mahomes might be a little too early if he doesn’t go back to Super Bowl this year tho
To me, Mahomes is the best qb in the league. Behind him, and a good distance, are Lamar and Josh Allen… again this is to me. If Lamar wins it all this year though, it might be a lot closer to mahomes than we think. Lamar still hasn’t had a receiver or TE that is the caliber of Kelce or Tyreke… so that says a lot

Edit: a big reason I fukk with Josh is because of his heart. My fav QB all time is Brett, forget the racist shyt. Brett might not have been the best when it comes to tangibles, but he would fight thru it all; that includes not being afraid to throw int’s. Josh has that and I’m seeing it with Lamar.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Purdy makes way too many mistakes and bad throws. Brady wasn't anything like this. Purdy is a pretty good QB but he's not young Brady.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Beginning to wonder if the Purdy hype due to him being seen as a “great white hope“. He’s a goods player on a great team. I will say I never understood “game manager” as diss. That is the QBs job to manage the game.
You can't be this insecure? Any white QB that gets praised is randomly seen as the "great white hope" to y'all.

Seen the same shyt said about Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Stop this shyt.

Purdy gets praised because of the great origin story and the fact he's much better than the previous Niners QB who wasn't putting up numbers close to his. No one that isn't a Niners homer thinks he's Joe Montana or Tom Brady.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is why I said Purdy can never win. Did he play his best game? No. But he led the team to victory in adversity which is something a lot of people said he couldn't do. He actually overcame Shanny's iffy play calling. It was bad weather and he still completed 63 percent of his passes and had a TD. He deserves respect on his name.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Purdy makes way too many mistakes and bad throws. Brady wasn't anything like this. Purdy is a pretty good QB but he's not young Brady.

There are some guys that maybe you and other would’ve put above Purdy that make more mistakes and bad throws than Purdy even a few that did make it like Dak.

Like literally every QB that didn’t even make the playoffs and Purdy only played bad in maybe 4-5 games of the last 26 that he played.

No other QB out there would come to this team and be 26-0

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
You can't be this insecure? Any white QB that gets praised is randomly seen as the "great white hope" to y'all.

Seen the same shyt said about Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Stop this shyt.

Purdy gets praised because of the great origin story and the fact he's much better than the previous Niners QB who wasn't putting up numbers close to his. No one that isn't a Niners homer thinks he's Joe Montana or Tom Brady.

Why would I be insecure I never had any aspirations to be a professional athlete? Josh Allen is a great player he should get praised but he also plays like “black” QBs. Purdy hasn’t done anything previous 49er QBs haven’t done. And you’re the one flying in with your feelings hurt when I clearly state QBs should be game managers and he is a good QB. Anyway pretty sure you’re the one who made the Lamar must dominate thread.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why would I be insecure I never had any aspirations to be a professional athlete? Josh Allen is a great player he should get praised but he also plays like “black” QBs. Purdy hasn’t done anything previous 49er QBs haven’t done. And you’re in the one flying in with your feelings hurt when I clearly state QBs should be game managers and he is a good QB. Anyway pretty sure you’re the one who made the Lamar must dominate thread.

Does this include Mullins, Barkley, Beathard, Hoyer Josh, Trey and quite a few others?

Asking for a
@King kreo