Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Since folk want to do this, fine.
Let's talk about it. I got time today cuz

Cam had a 10 year career in the NFL. He only played the equivalent of 8 full seasons, however.
In those 10 seasons:

He had 3 seasons with a completion % over 60%.
He had 2 seasons where he threw more INTs than TDs.
His most efficient seasons ever were 2018 and 2020. 2019 was a wash so, some what say he started to put it together in being an efficient passer who wouldn't sail the ball or throw the game away. Except 2020 was one of those years he threw more INTs than TDs.

Cam calling people game managers and backtracking that it isn't an insult makes sense. Because he was incapable of being a game manager. He was a career high-50% completion guy. That's dogshyt. The fact that they saw success is a testament to the rest of the team, because if you put that passer on any of these teams with all these 'great weapons'... it wouldn't matter. He couldn't get them the fukking ball.

In his last year, back in Carolina, he played 8 games, had under 700 yards, went 69/126 and threw 5 INTS to 4 TDs. QB not averaging 100 yards a game? Them is Garoppolo-in-the-playoffs numbers :picard:

Marcus fukking Mariota has a higher career completion % and a better TD/INT differential.

@Killah Ray :lupe:

Daps
Lemme ask you this:

Do you think those QBs (Dak/Purdy/etc.) would make it to the playoffs (I'm not even gonna say win MVP and go to the Super Bowl) with those teams?
Do you think cam could be remotely accurate enough of a passer to run the dolphins or 9ers systems at a high level?

I can play this game too and we have enough evidence to indicate he couldn’t since you want to play the hypothetical game

We also have plenty of evidence that the dolphins system isn’t easy to run based on the complete failures of two different QBs other than Tua that tried to run that system when Tua got hurt last year

Everyone says reek made Tua but reek only managed to get 100 yards once in the 4 games without Tua throwing the ball to him

We also know no one has looked as good as Purdy running that system in San Francisco

Remember how cam looked trying to run the patriots system? It wasn’t great

You know what offense Cam could run at an insanely high level tho? Philadelphia’s, Not all QBs are built the same

Last edited:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Ehh Cam pretty much ran a modified Wildcat offense and had dog shyt for offensive coordinators for most of his time here…

To fairly judge Cam you have to figure in the run game as well which just isn’t how anyone analyzes a quarterback so I always laugh when people just bring up his passing stats…:manny:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Ehh Cam pretty much ran a modified Wildcat offense and had dog shyt for offensive coordinators for most of his time here…

To fairly judge Cam you have to figure in the run game as well which just isn’t how anyone analyzes a quarterback so I always laugh when people just bring up his passing stats…:manny:
Yep, Mike Shula was his offensive coordinator for most of his career. Same Mike Shula that pretty much got Tony Dungy fired in Tampa cause his offense couldn't get them over the hump and Dungy (like Ron Rivera) was too loyal to let him go

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Do you think cam could be remotely accurate enough of a passer to run the dolphins or 9ers systems at a high level?
I only read up to this part;
:childplease:
Take this neg and ignore!

“Oh no, Cam isn’t accurate enough to throw to Tyreek Hill”
:childplease::childplease:
Bet your c00n ass wouldn’t say Andrew Luck couldn’t run the Dolphins/49ers system though

full

Cam made Ted Ginn Jr. and Greg Olsen work, but he'll struggle passing to Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle or Deebo Samuael, Brandon Ayiuk and George Kittle with better o-lines for both???

full

Last edited:

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Yep, Mike Shula was his offensive coordinator for most of his career. Same Mike Shula that pretty much got Tony Dungy fired in Tampa cause his offense couldn't get them over the hump and Dungy (like Ron Rivera) was too loyal to let him go
I just looked up Mike Shula and that mofo is an "senior offensive assistant" in Buffalo
:pachaha:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
questioning cam's career in charlotte is buffoonery
So is not completing 60% of your passes for half the time you played. :mjlol:

The audacity of a nikka completing 50 something percent of his passes for an entire season MULTIPLE TIMES calling someone else a "game manager".

Having Cam go out there and fail to throw a ball accurately 20 yards in 3 tight end sits was the beginning of the end for :beli:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Bet your c00n ass wouldn’t say Andrew Luck couldn’t run the Dolphins/49ers system though

full

Cam made Ted Ginn Jr. and Greg Olsen work, but he'll struggle passing to Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle or Deebo Samuael, Brandon Ayiuk and George Kittle with better o-lines for both???

full
CAM MADE GREG OLSON :dead:

WHAT PLANET IS YOU nikkaS FROM WITH THIS shyt :dead:

Greg forced into retirement hyperextending every limb he got to catch some of the most inaccurate passes i ever seen but Cam made him :dead:

Daps

full

full
The biggest knock on cam was his accuracy but ur biased so your opinions means less than nothing on the subject. Hes not a better passer than dak, tua or Purdy and the stats support that.

Sorry to break it to you, you’re also another person who’s not actually watching these games if you think those guys are just throwing to wide open people. The lack of football knowledge is astounding

You know someone’s argument is dogshyt when they start questioning your blackness over a football conversation mind you one of the QBs in question is black :heh:

Truth hurts

Daps
What’s even more amazing about this is dudes still defending cam’s clown ass takes after he called Payton manning and Tom Brady game managers :russ:

Comon folks that alone should’ve gotten his opinion tossed in the bushes. Cam was a great qb but he has no idea wtf he’s talking about

Last edited: