Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Managing the game is literally the QBs job description. Only reason this is now considered a diss is our obsession with QBs and making everything about them. Game changers have to manage the game too. If you are depending on your QB to make special plays all the time, you probably aint winning.

If we being all the way real, Cam's inability/unwillingness to be a game manager is the reason he is a podcaster not a starting QB at 34. Once he lost a step and couldnt take over games like he used to he couldnt manage the games. He comes off as a Gilbert Arenas type that only respects the QB version of bucket getters as that is the prism he sees the game through.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not never before have we disqualified someone from MVP conversation because the pieces around them were also good. And yet, the second it's the 7th round pick suddenly there's all these qualifiers that should remove him from contention. 'Oh, but the good RB. And the TE' ain't shyt prevent Dallas from trying to trade for CMC. Nothing at all. Hell, at the start of this year Dallas fans were real loud about how Ceedee > every SF receiver. Until they were on the same field.

'but the defense'
'but the scheme'
'but the YAC'

Absurd.

Dallas doing 'more with less' is bullshyt. They have... 2 wins against teams worth a damn? Otherwise they were running scores up on mid-tier competition. But that's stopped being a talking point since the PHI game... ironic considering they took the SF blueprint to get over that hump.

y'all bias is wild. Got people saying Purdy shouldn't even be in the discussion for MVP. He's literally having a historically efficient QB season while throwing 50 yard bombs for touchdowns. The people who knew understood Aiyuk was great, but most the league didn't even rate him until Purdy was there. Now Deebo Samuel is the #2 WR on the team. Because of a QB that works with Aiyuk's strengths.

Some of y'all just be saying shyt to say it.
Already disqualified every other position group :ld:. Thats the real issue here. We got a guy about to have 2000 yds recieving while half the QBs are hurt and others are struggling but it just gotta be a QB.

premier58

All Star
Daps
85 Bears got completely dismantled by prime Marino on Monday Night Football. At some point no matter who you are, that asswhipping gets handed out. The margins are too small and there's too much talent.
Truth. I watched Brady collapse and throw 3 ints in the fourth quarter alone during the

premier58

All Star
Daps
All fair.

Dak still has the lead for MVP to me because he's doing more with less talent around him and honestly, he means more to Dallas than Purdy does to SF, regardless of what the SF players say. Yeah, Purdy's kicking ass, but San Fran also has the NFL's leading rusher as well as a top 3 TE, a 1000-yard receiver and another receiver who is the most versatile weapon in the game. As far as skill positions, I think it's fair to say that as a whole, Dallas' unit isn't top 10 on talent. You can put Lamb up there 1-v-1 with anybody, but the totality of it, Dallas wouldn't be considered elite.
I am in agreeance with you. You laid it out, expertly. But when the performance difference is negligible, the head to head thrashing may loom large. Dak does have the less talented team, though. I would place Dak in the lead by a very scarce margin.

premier58

All Star
Daps
I vividly remember that game :heh: Brady ALWAYS randomly struggled with the Dolphins. It was always weird to watch and I never quite understood our hold on him
Man that game was the twilight zone. He came out on fire and just fell apart. I was gonna say Jason Taylor, but he would struggle in Miami afte the Taylor/Thomas/Madison era. He had a chance to redeem himself for the GW drive and straight choked. Threw a terrible INT to Sammy Knight, I believe. Yeah, Brady has had some awful games down there. Played great in 03, awful in 04, great performance in 2005, pitiful in ,2006, otherworldly in 2007 and so on.....No one talks about that shutout Saban put on Brady in 2006. They couldnt do a thing!!!

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
full

Those QBs Cam listed ain't going to the playoffs with Brenton Bersin and Philly Brown at WR and with Byron Bell, Cameron Erving, and Fernando Velasco at O-line.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I vividly remember that game :heh: Brady ALWAYS randomly struggled with the Dolphins. It was always weird to watch and I never quite understood our hold on him
weather change was rapid, miami is hot especially early in the season and it affects body temperature. remember last year when the bills players were acting like they were in the Arabian desert, begging for water?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Managing the game is literally the QBs job description. Only reason this is now considered a diss is our obsession with QBs and making everything about them. Game changers have to manage the game too. If you are depending on your QB to make special plays all the time, you probably aint winning.

If we being all the way real, Cam's inability/unwillingness to be a game manager is the reason he is a podcaster not a starting QB at 34. Once he lost a step and couldnt take over games like he used to he couldnt manage the games. He comes off as a Gilbert Arenas type that only respects the QB version of bucket getters as that is the prism he sees the game through.
Nobody wants a backup who gonna be coming to press conferences dressed like Mr. Bojangles.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Purdy is clearly not a game manager. Like that narrative has to be dead by now. I'm not really sure what Tua is, you could call him a game manager but the Dolphins offense was pure cheeks without him last year and it's cheeks with out Reek this year. It could go either way.

Geoff is what he is.

All I'll say is Flacco out here carving up defenses in his late 30's and Cam is making videos on the bird app :francis:

I'm also tired of the Dak disrespect, and I'm not even a cowboys fan. It's gotten out of control. He is a legitimate top tier QB, enough is enough. It's time to give the man his props. He's been too good for too long.

Dak disrespect might be because he’s mixed. Black people haven’t accepted him like that and white people just see him as another black QB