California dreaming to lake effect legacy: 2024-2025 Chicago Bears 🐻 season thread

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

EBERFLUS CALLS THE DEFENSIVE PLAYS THOUGH
:devil:
:evil:

With just an average showing from the offense if the D keeps cooking like this I wouldn't be shocked if the bears go like 7-2 before the packers. JJ is legit on some you can't throw to this side of the field shyt and the dline is surprisingly effective now.

Big if so far but its a looottt of ass defenses coming up to get on track againt.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I mean, their agent is very keen on installing his clients into each other's staffing. Flus surviving into this year told me the conspiracy is real. I still affirm Flus should have been yeeted with everyone else. Poles will protect his mans for the betterment of his agent's MO. :sadcam:

Getsy was his boy and that was a travesty. Breh was pulling the same shyt on the Raiders until he got the chain pulled. Tells me Flus has little/no accountability for his staff. Makes sense they were throwing the players under the bus last year.

As an addendum, I think Waldron will pan out for the better, and I think Washington is fantastic at DC in the moment. The defense is immediately more aggressive, less softness, more blitzes - basically anti-Flus. These were more Poles-involved picks and less Flus picking people he bonds with like the original staff. I wish Poles could see the inefficacy of Flus but the agent link is too strong. :manny:
Poles was heavily involved in selecting Waldron, matter fact, I think he had final say over Flus the way its been described

and Im no Flus apologist, but calling this defense "anti-Flus" is kinda ridiculous, this is 100% HIS defense scheme and playcalling. He has made it super clear in regards to that. Overall hes been dialing up good defense and we're seeing young guys develop on that side.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
overall I like how poised Caleb has been through the early start to the season. His press conference today was great, hes mature and holds himself accountable. There have been a handful of throws it would have been nice to see him connect week 1/2 but overall, hard to get a good read on where hes at considering how bad that pass pro was Sunday night. If that opening drive was a taste of what he can do with some time to operate, thats good stuff.

I think with Stroud exploding on the scene and the Bears supposedly being the "best" situation ever for a #1 pick QB, and some of the big play flashes from preseason, there has been this expectation Caleb would come out exploding out the gate. Not the case, but not totally his fault with how the operation is around him. I think the OL will find SOMETHING they can lean on give Caleb some protection. Teams are going to continue to blitz the rookie, Waldron needs to adjust and find a way to combat it. There should be some quick reads with some spacing in these blitz heavy packages.

the OL is worrisome, but there are going to have to be some corrections by Sunday. There is no way they allow Caleb to take a beating like that again.

defense should be able to force Richardson into some mistakes, contain the run and take away the big downfield plays and there will be oppoertunities for turnovers. Give Caleb some adequate protection and we will move the ball

one big concern that is being overshadowed for me - Rome has looked a bit lost. Thats doubly concerning if Keenan is going to be a dud for us this season. Suddenly that WR room isnt looking so hot.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

EBERFLUS CALLS THE DEFENSIVE PLAYS THOUGH
:devil:
:evil:

and Im no Flus apologist, but calling this defense "anti-Flus" is kinda ridiculous, this is 100% HIS defense scheme and playcalling. He has made it super clear in regards to that. Overall hes been dialing up good defense and we're seeing young guys develop on that side.

I refuse to give Flus credit. :blessed:

He had his own hand-picked DC and even ran the D himself and this year is already noticeable more aggressive. I attribute that to the coaching and game planning on Washington's side. I credit Montez Sweat on impact before Flus. :lolbron:

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
overall I like how poised Caleb has been through the early start to the season. His press conference today was great, hes mature and holds himself accountable. There have been a handful of throws it would have been nice to see him connect week 1/2 but overall, hard to get a good read on where hes at considering how bad that pass pro was Sunday night. If that opening drive was a taste of what he can do with some time to operate, thats good stuff.

I think with Stroud exploding on the scene and the Bears supposedly being the "best" situation ever for a #1 pick QB, and some of the big play flashes from preseason, there has been this expectation Caleb would come out exploding out the gate. Not the case, but not totally his fault with how the operation is around him. I think the OL will find SOMETHING they can lean on give Caleb some protection. Teams are going to continue to blitz the rookie, Waldron needs to adjust and find a way to combat it. There should be some quick reads with some spacing in these blitz heavy packages.

the OL is worrisome, but there are going to have to be some corrections by Sunday. There is no way they allow Caleb to take a beating like that again.

defense should be able to force Richardson into some mistakes, contain the run and take away the big downfield plays and there will be oppoertunities for turnovers. Give Caleb some adequate protection and we will move the ball

one big concern that is being overshadowed for me - Rome has looked a bit lost. Thats doubly concerning if Keenan is going to be a dud for us this season. Suddenly that WR room isnt looking so hot.
Is Keenan out this week as well?