California dreaming to lake effect legacy: 2024-2025 Chicago Bears ๐Ÿป season thread

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn. Yea he would have been a great hire. Lots of motion, creative ways to get the running game going and shot plays off play action.

Idk why people forget that Mahomes sat almost his entire rookie year so Reid could clean him up mechanically.

Its like one of the guys on TV said that the Bears are trying to have their cake and eat it too. You could have kept Fields or brought in another vet and let Caleb earn it/not feel pressure day 1. Texans OC is far better at getting guys in space though.

Ironically, they just wanted him to come in ready like CJ Stroud.
He was seen as NFL Ready from jump. That's why these missed throws got us looking at this shyt crazy.

I'm hoping it's just an adjustment period phase for him.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Caleb right now has a confidence issue. Which is the last thing you wanted him to deal with. Right now he needs some success to keep him mentally together. They gotta figure otut out a way to manufacture him some TDs.

Had a couple TDs dropped so far but the deep balls are looking cheeks now. but he throwing them shyts under pressure, he need to adjust

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People have seen him make all these comic book throws so its possible just for whatever reason he is super off right now.
See the thing is, with this protection, his margin for error is SLIM as fukk. So when he gets a guy open down field, that may be the only time he gets that shot. So when he doesn't hit on those shots, it gets magnified.

He's 0 for on balls more than 15 yards. He gotta hit on those passes... ESPECIALLY when this trash line actually holds up long enough for him to get the ball out.

:snoop:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
See the thing is, with this protection, his margin for error is SLIM as fukk. So when he gets a guy open down field, that may be the only time he gets that shot. So when he doesn't hit on those shots, it gets magnified.

He's 0 for on balls more than 15 yards. He gotta hit on those passes... ESPECIALLY when this trash line actually holds up long enough for him to get the ball out.

:snoop:

i agree. I just think the over reaction is weird.

We gave JF years of leash and dudes are already at crodie neck in two games. anyone with eyes can see that line is not helping at all, or the run game.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

We gave JF years of leash and dudes are already at crodie neck in two games. anyone with eyes can see that line is not helping at all, or the run game.

People jumping on Caleb is a product of the media and how they sold his talents. I think any rational person understands you can't rely on the college hero ball stuff in the pros for obvious reasons, but writers and personalities sold him as Day 1 Legendary status. I'm realistic and know it will take time for him to shake off you can't NFL Blitz your way out of everything in the pros, but again that's all you ever hear about his college stuff or the beat writers from practice.

I think he will be fine, and he is certainly going to have some growing pains that the magic isn't as effective, but he just needs a line of protection to let him cook.

I really don't like using Fields for comparative stuff because he had a substantially worse team top to bottom and ate the shyt sandwich the coaches fed him. Breh was a trooper and lied on top of the grenades.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
People jumping on Caleb is a product of the media and how they sold his talents. I think any rational person understands you can't rely on the college hero ball stuff in the pros for obvious reasons, but writers and personalities sold him as Day 1 Legendary status. I'm realistic and know it will take time for him to shake off you can't NFL Blitz your way out of everything in the pros, but again that's all you ever hear about his college stuff or the beat writers from practice.

I think he will be fine, and he is certainly going to have some growing pains that the magic isn't as effective, but he just needs a line of protection to let him cook.

I really don't like using Fields for comparative stuff because he had a substantially worse team top to bottom and ate the shyt sandwich the coaches fed him. Breh was a trooper and lied on top of the grenades.

yeah all love to fields but its def some rose tinted glasses shyt going on.

People just need to let shyt play out and if he really is bad bad it is what it is but this current sample amount isn't enough. plus the schedule is piss easy from here on out outside of niners and some divisional games

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Its early and there is talent to overcome it.

However, it feels like JF his rookie year. Lame duck coach and all.

People forget JF was seen as a guy who could play right away as well. Similar to how Herbert having a big year before had JF being the overlooked QB who lights it up.

No one truly knows who is ready. Bryce Young now benched. Whose to say this OC knows anything about developing QBs? Russ/Geno were in their 30s

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is why the I wanted the last haul from the Commanders same shyt different QB. You giving up less than 20 points you should win most games

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
This is the biggest reason I didn't want Williams. I would rather have fixed the line and stack up more assets. Fields has his problems but he could have done what we seen last night but at least he's a threat to run which helped the running backs the last two years.

I'm still rooting for Williams and don't really think he's bad but you could put any QB back there and it's going to be the same shyt.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This is the biggest reason I didn't want Williams. I would rather have fixed the line and stack up more assets. Fields has his problems but he could have done what we seen last night but at least he's a threat to run which helped the running backs the last two years.

I'm still rooting for Williams and don't really think he's bad but you could put any QB back there and it's going to be the same shyt.
maybe, maybe not. just have to let the season play out :manny:

Ravens 0-2 atm. its any given sunday :manny:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
maybe, maybe not. just have to let the season play out :manny:

Ravens 0-2 atm. its any given sunday :manny:

Yeah I haven't given up on him or the team. I still think aside from the line they don't look bad. Fewer problems this year. Caleb doesn't look bad but he can't keep getting bum rushed like that.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I haven't given up on him or the team. I still think aside from the line they don't look bad. Fewer problems this year. Caleb doesn't look bad but he can't keep getting bum rushed like that.

He needs to be better but hes a rook so I'm putting it more on waldron to draw up some "beat a blitz" for dummies shyt for him to assist