California dreaming to lake effect legacy: 2024-2025 Chicago Bears ๐Ÿป season thread

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't know who he is and Iโ€™m not basing my opinion on YouTubers or media people.
Fair.

So you aren't tapped in to the platforms or media heads that are following the team.

That's Pat the Designer, he runs the Bears Podcast for ESPN. Had a strong following on his own before joining ESPN last year. I didn't just link some random dude off Youtube btw.

I just say all that to say, people were 100% talking about the prospect of keeping Getsy for the sole reason of making sure Fields didn't have to learn another offense for his development. Every platform covering this team talked through each option moving forward to exhaustion.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
good trade for the bears. I mean, we gave up a 6th rounder for a rental, who's proven as a pash rusher, which we desperately need another one of.

poles did it again :salute:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Fair.

So you aren't tapped in to the platforms or media heads that are following the team.

That's Pat the Designer, he runs the Bears Podcast for ESPN. Had a strong following on his own before joining ESPN last year. I didn't just link some random dude off Youtube btw.

I just say all that to say, people were 100% talking about the prospect of keeping Getsy for the sole reason of making sure Fields didn't have to learn another offense for his development. Every platform covering this team talked through each option moving forward to exhaustion.

since ur familiar with pat the designer, what do you think of haize? him and pat do the locked on bulls podcast together, plus haize covers all the other chicago teams, with a focus on the bulls and then the bears?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the mgmt that fired him is gone and the new mgmt is well liked

I think he could do the Ringer podcast and the radio gig - a lot of radio guys also have a podcast

I did not know that regarding WSCR management.

bernstein does a podcast with his son that I don't listen to, but I'm aware of.

he only does 3 shows a week for the ringer, and I hope he doesn't quit. I like the uncensored format of his podcast. but if he goes back to the score, I'll listen to some of their downloads as podcast as well when they talk about stuff that interest me.

obviously he covers the bulls, so once basketball season hits, he's gonna be pretty busy. but, I ain't mad at him getting all the bags he can.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did not know that regarding WSCR management.

bernstein does a podcast with his son that I don't listen to, but I'm aware of.

he only does 3 shows a week for the ringer, and I hope he doesn't quit. I like the uncensored format of his podcast. but if he goes back to the score, I'll listen to some of their downloads as podcast as well when they talk about stuff that interest me.

obviously he covers the bulls, so once basketball season hits, he's gonna be pretty busy. but, I ain't mad at him getting all the bags he can.
the Bulls are moving their broadcast to that new Bulls/Hawks/Sox channel - Goff isnt confirmed to be coming with them

I could see him not liking that uncertainty and taking the 670 gig w/ Ringer podcast

Im going to miss Parkins though, he was great with football talk. I only do 670, I dont like ESPN 1000, its too surface level, meatball takes

I like Goff though. And I like the mellowed out Bernstein, say what you want about him but hes a sharp guy that can cover wide ranging topics. Hes a great radio guy.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
since ur familiar with pat the designer, what do you think of haize? him and pat do the locked on bulls podcast together, plus haize covers all the other chicago teams, with a focus on the bulls and then the bears?
Haize is cool. Comes off like someone that thinks he knows everything tho. I stopped checking for his Bulls content, I prefer CHGO honestly.

Locked on Bulls is aight, Pat is ok with the NBA/Bulls knowledge. Too many times when I tuned in he was just saying inaccurate shyt so I was like... I'm out after a while.

Salute to them tho. They been grinding

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the Bulls are moving their broadcast to that new Bulls/Hawks/Sox channel - Goff isnt confirmed to be coming with them

I could see him not liking that uncertainty and taking the 670 gig w/ Ringer podcast

Im going to miss Parkins though, he was great with football talk. I only do 670, I dont like ESPN 1000, its too surface level, meatball takes

I like Goff though. And I like the mellowed out Bernstein, say what you want about him but hes a sharp guy that can cover wide ranging topics. Hes a great radio guy.
I gotta see what's good with Goff's podcast. I've seen him on Yahoo Sports channel talking Bulls over the summer a few times, but haven't seen his pod.

I essentially phased out traditional sports radio and consume all my sports talk via YouTube. 670 and ESPN Chicago live stream their radio broadcasts online too

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I gotta see what's good with Goff's podcast. I've seen him on Yahoo Sports channel talking Bulls over the summer a few times, but haven't seen his pod.

I essentially phased out traditional sports radio and consume all my sports talk via YouTube. 670 and ESPN Chicago live stream their radio broadcasts online too
yeah I just usually throw on the 670 YT during the day here and there. Mostly for Bears talk. They do a good job with the Bears. One advantage I like wit traditional radio, especially during training camp, is getting real time updates on how practices are going by the beat reporters on the scene. You just canโ€™t get that level of detail in real time anywhere else. Be able to react live to things too is obviously a plus. I just really prefer live content, itโ€™s how my brain is wired. I have a hard time consuming podcasts tbh. Id be excited if they landed Goff at 670, I remember the days he was a producer for Boers & Bernstein. Heโ€™s only gotten better since his last stint on the station too.