California $20 minimum wage for fast food workers start on April 1 2024

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I don't get it they raise the minimum wage the greedy commercial businesses raise prices on everything else so you back at square one.
That's a talking point that never gets old. They said the same thing when minimum wage went from $4.75 to $5.25. Yet, McDonalds like others continued having dollar menu items for a long time.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1/1
McDonalds’ CEO is paid $8,543.27 an hour.

Burger King’s CEO is paid $56,250 an hour.

Domino’s CEO is paid $4,875 an hour.

Throwing that out there before anyone starts complaining that $20 an hour is too high.
GJ9bsNvaMAAczYs.jpg

Thanks.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
The worse part about fast food workers specific raise, is that restaurants have some of the worst profit margins. Supermarkets are even worse!
I'm really starting to question that. The fast food industry has done nothing but expanded the last few decades. That doesn't happen when businesses are barely making it. Not to mention most don't have 40 hour workers, pay benefits, and get away having certain workers getting paid primarily from tips.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
they will prob cut hours, instead of having 5 people on a shift they will have three. When uber had that min wage thing in nyc they implemented a scheduling system that cut back on the amount of people that can work at any given time.
They already have. Many restaurants seen a significant increase in business with take-out orders since covid and they still don't increase staff to meet the demand. On top of that, they are making their money and still closing early now.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I don't get it they raise the minimum wage the greedy commercial businesses raise prices on everything else so you back at square one.
That’s always been the counterpoint. When everyone has more money, shyt just gets more expensive across the board. Enjoy them 7 dollar Big Macs

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
People ignore rising prices until folks start getting paid more.

I’m an :old: breh. I remember .29 and .39 burgers. That shyt was dead by the time I reached high school.

Prices have BEEN going up.

Don’t be fooled by them saying they have to increase prices at the rate they have been lately because of increased wages. I worked damn near a decade in the restaurant industry. I know what time it is :laugh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

1/1
McDonalds’ CEO is paid $8,543.27 an hour.

Burger King’s CEO is paid $56,250 an hour.

Domino’s CEO is paid $4,875 an hour.

Throwing that out there before anyone starts complaining that $20 an hour is too high.
GJ9bsNvaMAAczYs.jpg

Bringing up those CEO's pay is a bit disingenuous considering that a lot of those fast food chains are franchised owned and not corporate.

They don't make the type of bread or margins to justify the costs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's a talking point that never gets old. They said the same thing when minimum wage went from $4.75 to $5.25. Yet, McDonalds like others continued having dollar menu items for a long time.
Ehh, it’s a talking point that’s real. Out here, they already had push labor costs through - it already a costs $10-13 for a combo at McDonald’s at the local min wage which is like $15-16, and they said they will be raising prices. I don’t eat fast food enough to care, but spending $17 on a meal at McDonald’s when you can get a better meal from a casual spot out here for that same $15-20 :francis:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
They really need to wash their hands. You might catch fentanyl from your burger. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic.
Imagine an Mexican in American trying to talk down on American fast food workers like they’re beneath you :laff::laff:

Not trying to be mean or nothing just realistic:mjpls: but

Obligatory
200w.gif

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I’m so interested to see what’s going to happen with wages and costs in the next 30 years.

Corporations siphoning the resources from everyone, only to stockpile them, meanwhile costs continue to outpace wages, so the acceptable reduction in quality of life buffer for the majority of the country, is reduced. Eventually the capacity for reduction in quality of life is going to wither away and there won’t be a buffer left, and I want to see the result. Hopefully I live long enough.

And I only pay $7 for my 1/4 pound burger my fries and bubbly beverage. Can’t imagine paying $17.

Last edited:

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Fast food hours will be cut

Places will be closing 3 to 4 hours earlier than normal

Hours going to be cut and the larger companies who used to have 2 or 3 locations within a 10 /15 minute radius will close down one or 2 locations and probably relocate a few workers to the most busiest location