Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
It’s just like some of us said before; NCobra and that other group are wanting it to be an all black grouping. Hid their hands, but it’s coming all to light now.

That's what it looks like.

I wonder if the Task Force reached out to them -- or they reached out. Probably them reaching out. Then NCobra reps called a few times.

They got Queen Mother Jones on there but they called them out yesterday -- with her own words saying she wanted lineage based only.

What is NAARC?

We take this position because the focus on who can prove a direct lineage to the enslavement era contains two major false assumptions:

• First that lineage in all, or even most, cases can directly be proved.
  • Second that reparations are only due for the period of enslavement in U.S. history.
NAARC emphatically rejects both assumptions. We ask proponents of reparations based solely on lineage how much genetic material must be identified in one’s blood from the enslavement era in order to be eligible for reparations? Factually, the genetics of people of African descent/Black people in the United States are the result of the amalgamation of multiple lineages from within this country, Africa and the diaspora:

• There are our ancestors who were originally kidnapped and illegally transported to what would become the U.S. to be held as indentured servants and enslaved people.
  • There are those who were impacted by deliberate forced separation from their original ethnic groups; the systematic rape of Black women; forced slave breeding precipitated by the domestic slave trade; co-mingling with the Native peoples of this land; decades-long migrations of African-descended people to the U.S. from the Caribbean, Central and South America and other areas who within one-to-two generations fused into a new Black community in America to become “African Americans.”
  • And there are the migrants from Africa who have arrived in the U.S. in the past 40-plus years.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
ITS A MOOT POINT
BECAUSE ANY BLACK PERSON WHO
IMMIGRATED HERE IN THE 1800S
HAS DESCENDANTS WHO HAVE
MAJORITY AA BLOOD IN 2022.

THEY DIDNT COME HERE
AND KEEP PROCREATING
WITH OTHER CARRIBEAN
IMMIGRANTS FOR THE NEXT 100+ YRS.
:devil:
:evil:
You could play chess and welcome any caribbeans who currently identify as caribbean-american to the claim, if they show a nexus to those early 19th century immigrations

This would effectively shut them out, ironically.

Most of these people beating there chest are only connected to post 60s immigration. None of them would get grandfathered in by that. :russ:

They are mostly banking on "blancket blackness" to get them through

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Honestly, this taskforce is being sabotaged. I can't believe we are fighting with others are redress -- and who gets it.

The disrespect is out of the world. People only do this to us. We have been too nice all these years -- welcoming all -- and this is where is has landed us. With no respect.

NAARC and NCobra need to be shutdown -- and banned from any talks for redress in the USA.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Honestly, this taskforce is being sabotaged. I can't believe we are fighting with others are redress -- and who gets it.

The disrespect is out of the world. People only do this to us. We have been too nice all these years -- welcoming all -- and this is where is has landed us. With no respect.

NAARC and NCobra need to be shutdown -- and banned from any talks for redress in the USA.
this is the result of dysfunctional pan africanism. That we entertained for years

sadly we have a part in this:snoop:

An fba-lineage/ethnicity cultural initiative is just as important for our peoples well being

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
this is the result of dysfunctional pan africanism. That we entertained for years

sadly we have a part in this:snoop:

An fba-lineage/ethnicity cultural initiative is just as important for our peoples well being

It is our fault.

It really is. Lineage recognition is the number #1 in this -- cause everybody Black saying their AA when it's time for perks and benefits is not going to work.

I hate all of this. I can't believe we even arguing over this. They know AA=ADOS. I'm so tired.

And all Black people should get it.

OK - fight for it yourselves -- separately. The want us to mule -- then benefit.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I dont understand why Black Americans are the only ones who get the Pan African finger waving.

Theres CARICOM making push.. This is a chance for the West Indian diaspora to show us how its done. CARICOM has been around longer and I assume has better structures and organization, why not get on code for that? Yall have your own sovereign nations too. Whats the issue?

The movements should cascade with each other

MKO Abiola before he was killed wrote books on reparations to Nigeria as well before he was killed