Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I would stretch it to pre-1960s because the state and federal sanctioned racism affected black immigrants at that time, too. Everyone who came over after 1960 can kick rocks. You aren't and shouldn't get ish in the form of reparations :camby:

nah they know what they doing . you should be luccy if you get any

whatever mod took away my abilities to further post in here, you just mad cuz you gone be a bum and aint gettin money

how it feel to know Im priority for reparations? :mjlol:

they dont even know you :umad:

Last edited:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Same…Many black families in the South have a story to tell. The amount of wealth that was stolen and swindled from millions of families…

Our family land is now a part of the city’s airport….
Story goes that police kept harassing and arresting my great-great grandfather…. Putting him in debt to pay bail, lawyer fees, court fees…

He ended up having to sign over the land to be free of the penal system.

Wooooooow:wow:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
A DNA test won’t tell WHEN your ancestors came from Africa.

The problem is DOCUMENTATION. Yeah you can look back and try to find out where uncle Willy moved from, but can you PROVE it.:comeon:

Most people can not. Especially black people.

How many Africans were able to immigrate here post slavery? I'd have to imagine that the number is so small that's it's probably not even worth the effort of finding out. If you can trace ancestors back atleast 120 years with no signs of any immigrants then I think you should qualify. I dont think we have the records to prove who's ancestors were actually slaves but we should be able to tell who immigrated here within the last century. It's not like black immigrants were flooding the U.S. before that point anyways.

From the book "Immigration and the Remaking of Black America"

Project MUSE - Immigration and the Remaking of Black America

From Chapter 2

"In 1900, only a few hundred black immigrants came to the United States. By 1910, this number had increased to just under 4,000, and it grew to over 10,000 by 1924.

Black immigration to the United States slowed dramatically after 1924, the year the Johnson-Reed Act was implemented. This immigration act contained provisions designed to curtail the flow of immigrants
from both southern and eastern Europe and severely restricted immigration from northern Africa, Arab states, and Asia.
Because black immigrants from the English-speaking Caribbean, the primary source of black immigrants to the United States during this period, came under the quota for Great Britain, the Johnson-Reed Act had no
direct impact on immigration from this region. Indeed, most of the quota for Great Britain between 1924 and 1929—which was approximately 34,007 individuals—went unfilled. Despite this fact, the flow of
black immigrants declined to 1900s levels and remained low throughout the 1930s and 1940s. In 1924, 10,000 black immigrants from the Caribbean arrived in the United States. This number fell to 308 in 1925
and averaged 617 persons a year from 1924 to 1932."

From the Smithsonian

The Changing Definition of African-American | History| Smithsonian Magazine

"Black America was similarly transformed. Before 1965, black people of foreign birth residing in the United States were nearly invisible. According to the 1960 census, their percentage of the population was to the right of the decimal point. But after 1965, men and women of African descent entered the United States in ever-increasing numbers. During the 1990s, some 900,000 black immigrants came from the Caribbean; another 400,000 came from Africa; still others came from Europe and the Pacific rim. By the beginning of the 21st century, more people had come from Africa to live in the United States than during the centuries of the slave trade. At that point, nearly one in ten black Americans was an immigrant or the child of an immigrant."

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Yvette is on Twitter hating because folks are getting progress without her leadership:mjlol:

There is something wrong with that woman