Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
They need give my family our land back that was given to the family after the Civil War

my great-great grandfather got swindled out of it :francis:

Same shyt happened to my family. A fukking paper mill factory sits on the land now

Same…Many black families in the South have a story to tell. The amount of wealth that was stolen and swindled from millions of families…

Our family land is now a part of the city’s airport….
Story goes that police kept harassing and arresting my great-great grandfather…. Putting him in debt to pay bail, lawyer fees, court fees…

He ended up having to sign over the land to be free of the penal system.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Stepin Fetchit - Wikipedia

The first Black actor.

His family immigrated in 1880 or 1890. He's one of the earliest I have seen. His father was a Cigar Maker.

FamilySearch: Sign In

I do think Haitians, Bermudians all who was immigrating in to Florida in the 1890's during the height of Jim Crow South -- definitely have a claim.

Meaning if your family is like Stephin Fetchit and came in the 1880-1890's and immigrated to and lived in Jim Crow South. I would definitely put a claim in.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
don’t force people to only have education as an option.

I
never said that go back and read my post

People talking about they want money and can't even read.
People picking out one or two things I mentioned and leaving out the rest have zero reading comprehension

People talking about we gave money to Ukraine and have no understanding of how money is generated, how it works or moves.

No understanding of the federal budget , monetary policy, or foreign policy

As if those refugees fleeing they country are getting checks handed to them.

You would think I said don't give us any money.

Y'all are proving that you need to be educated cause it's a bunch of damn fools responding
There's a reason why they say..

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Last edited:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Not on Twitter.

That's beautiful Sis! Glad to help. Genealogy has become one of my favorite hobbies!

Let me go ahead and give my sis her flowers, always representing, not just on the forums but in person always, deed does this in real life, amazing person, just beautiful....thank you to you and all the other dede's out there I dont know thats behind the scenes getting it done...:salute::salute::salute:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Tamia is another ados-descended biracial canadian who might be eligible, btw.

Not sure. I think you have to be a US citizen. Even though her Mom was -- but Tamia was born in Canada. If her Mom came back and lives in the states -- her mom definitely is.

Again, these are all special cases -- and I think they should all try (apply when it's time) and see what happens.