Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
You can not put on Black American Lineage like it's a coat you can wear. Yes we have Caribbean brothers and sisters who descend from Slavery. But this is about American Slavery therefor you would not qualify. The American Government owes a debt to us since 40 Acres and a mule which Lincoln approved before they blew his brains out and his racist Vice President gave our Reparations to the Slave Masters. We are not starting our claim at Jim Crow and Redlining. We are starting it from the Origins, Slavery and carrying that through everything else. Also LOL @ "We can't trace it". B.S. Slavery is only two 80 year old grandparents life span away. Most Black American People have family down South of some kind and that's the main link. I never met a Black American that didn't know their family history up to a point.

Honestly if you have a Black Grandmother born in the 1930's or Great Grandmother born in the 1910's, you are most likely descended of Slavery, it's that easy. Most of my homies in NY had family down South. Same in Philly. The Majority of Blacks in America descend from Slavery. This isn't hard. Making it lineage specific also shuts down people who never claim to be Black. Some people do want to be viewed as "Black" and won't even check the box, they will put "Other". Sorry, Black has been on every single document my entire life. My Parents birth certificates had "Negro" on them. This isn't rocket science. My Black Brothers and sisters know who they are. And my Brothers and Sisters of the diaspora know they immigrated to America. Reparations in America is for Black Americans who descend from Slaves only. Caricom is handling Reparations for the Caribbean and African countries will have to take their fight to Europe. This is about the American Government. Reparations is the #1 policy for Black America. This is just the beginning. Cali might change the game with this ruling.

This ^^^

8f82a3a705d1f09a0888a0e2bb426a88.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:SAYS THE MAN
WHO IS FINE WITH
FREE EDUCATION BEING REPARATIONS.

ATLEAST I KNOW
WITH 200K THE POOREST PPL
CAN BUY A HOUSE SOME WHERE
AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY
HOW THEYRE GONNA PAY
THEIR RENT.

NAH LETS GIVE ALL
THE POOR PPL FREE SCHOOL INSTEAD.
:devil:
:evil:

Do you know how quickly $50k-100k would go up in flames? :mjlol:

Most of it would go towards debt payments, which really only serves to create MORE debt. That's a :hamster:wheel if there ever was one. However, cash + the other elements is CRITICAL.

If black people could have $0 debt, go to school for free and have free healthcare that would me IMMENSE.

Why? Because that's most of the debt black people have. With out those burdens, home ownership is more of a reality. Higher earning careers is more of a reality. More black doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers etc. That creates GENERATIONAL WEALTH.

Not just giving some 45 million nikkas a million each. Not to mention it would devalue the dollar too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it’s not that hard tho op FOH.
Yes, it is. Again lots of people don’t even know who their parents are.

Lots of people’s parents don’t know who their parents are.

Lots of people can’t even track their family back to the 2021 census, but here y’all saying it would be easy to track their family back to the 1870 census :dahell:

It was race based yet you can’t make claims just off of race especially in Cali. Hence we have our claims here and the Caribbean countries have their own claims. How could I sue GM for a malfunction that caused me to crash when I own a Ford? You aren’t making a lick of sense. You trying your best to muddy shyt up, this isn’t rocket science and you don’t need to has a masters in genealogy to trace your roots. Lastly you’re going to need more than one ancestor descended from slavery to make a claim, cut it out.
So how many? Where’s the cutoff? If I can track 5 and you can track 3 do I get a bigger check?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Concern trolling on steroids lmao

Basically If you are in your 30s the grand parents of your grandparents would show up in 1870 US Census and Birth cerifiactes online on peoplesearch.org or Ancestry.com
nikkas talk like we're all amnesiacs with no parents who dont know how to use the internet:mjlol:

people finding lost relatives all the damn time, even adopted mother fukkers :russ:

I guess we should stop reparations

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

Most of it would go towards debt payments, which really only serves to create MORE debt. That's a :hamster:wheel if there ever was one. However, cash + the other elements is CRITICAL.

If black people could have $0 debt, go to school for free and have free healthcare that would me IMMENSE.

Why? Because that's most of the debt black people have. With out those burdens, home ownership is more of a reality. Higher earning careers is more of a reality. More black doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers etc. That creates GENERATIONAL WEALTH.

Not just giving some 45 million nikkas a million each. Not to mention it would devalue the dollar too.

You think people will blow cash payments like they did PPP/EDD? That’s what I’m worried about but I think that’s just an issue mostly for younger folks. Older folks will use it responsibly

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Honestly if you have a Black Grandmother born in the 1930's or Great Grandmother born in the 1910's, you are most likely descended of Slavery
And this is where it should start and end. All the extra stuff about 1870 census and documentation serves no positive purpose.

But even then, lots of people will be left out that deserve reparations, so there would still have to be some other way.

No one is advocating for people who without American slavery lineage to get a check. I’m saying the heightened scrutiny will only serve to disqualify deserving people. And I don’t think it’s worth it to kick those people out so we can try to stop undeserving people from getting in.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

KiCxWz4gLka0JhJhPujsaKN__8_Y8wFREwLQVJkn_do.jpg

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Yes, it is. Again lots of people don’t even know who their parents are.

Lots of people’s parents don’t know who their parents are.

Lots of people can’t even track their family back to the 2021 census, but here y’all saying it would be easy to track their family back to the 1870 census :dahell:

So how many? Where’s the cutoff? If I can track 5 and you can track 3 do I get a bigger check?

The fukk are you talking about most of us can and you in here muddying the waters for exceptions to the rule. You’re lookin real funny in the light my g and I’ll just leave it at that.

You earned the fukk outta that hall of shame banner
:francis:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Tell me how you calculate the value of 400+ years of forced labor + the destruction of entire cultures/famlies/languages + the theft of MULTIPLE intellectual properties that were the creation of slaves and freedmen + MILLIONS OF RAPES & ABDUCTIONS + denial of access to proper education + physical abuse/murder/cannibalism x generations of de facto/de jure racism and segregation? What does that number end up?

$500 million? thats not enough
$1 billion? thats not enough
$100 billion? thats not enough

The very country itself would be bankrupt. It is LITERALLY an incalculable number. I'm not saying don't attempt it. I'm saying NO number would be enough. The legal settlements for just ONE of those crimes for ONE person would be in the millions. The country is already 4 TRILLION in debt. Where would this money come from?

America literally...because of slavery's scale....cannot propose a LEGALLY SOUND cash settlment (and nothing else) to black people. It HAS to include other elements, because if it's just cash they ain't got it.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Documentation of what?

The history has been erased.

Millions of black folks don’t even know who their grandparents are. Let alone having the ability to actually find and prove documentation.

A very common thing was black people changing their name when they moved to flee whatever the hell they were running from.

Lots of black people moved from the south and pretty much deleted their history on purpose. Those people and their ancestors were greatly harmed by slavery, but in this “papers please” scenario they’d get nothing.

Lots of black men were locked in prison or died at the hands of racist violence. No last name or lineage available. Their ancestors would get nothing.

I don’t think a lot of you have really thought this through.

The history isn't erased Slavery is one if the most written and documented topics in the field of History .

The US Government documented Negroe citizen resident locations, sibling patents name and parents place of birth, birth marriage certificates which include married couples parents name and and date and place of birth.
And you have maternal and paternal lines to work off. D Plus Death certificates

The USA documents EVERTHING in Life basically AFTER 1870. That is the one thing USA is good for. We live in a documented country.

Your Great Grand parents draft service registration info is in ancestry.com as we speak.

Prisons back in the day kept record of inmates names and info. on Funding Your Roots PBS Black guest had ancestors on the show had inmate records that were shown from back in the day

This really is not some grand mystery like you are making it out to be.

Last edited:

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tell me how you calculate the value of 400+ years of forced labor + the destruction of entire cultures/famlies/languages + the theft of MULTIPLE intellectual properties that were the creation of slaves and freedmen + MILLIONS OF RAPES & ABDUCTIONS + denial of access to proper education + physical abuse/murder/cannibalism x generations of de facto/de jure racism and segregation? What does that number end up?

$500 million? thats not enough
$1 billion? thats not enough
$100 billion? thats not enough

The very country itself would be bankrupt. It is LITERALLY an incalculable number. I'm not saying don't attempt it. I'm saying NO number would be enough. The legal settlements for just ONE of those crimes for ONE person would be in the millions. The country is already 4 TRILLION in debt. Where would this money come from?

America literally...because of slavery's scale....cannot propose a LEGALLY SOUND cash settlment (and nothing else) to black people. It HAS to include other elements, because if it's just cash they ain't got it.

40 acres and a mule in todays money .. and yeah the government has land to give .

Cash + Tangibles .. So we agree on that

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
The history isn't erased Slavery is one if the most written and documented topics in the field of History .

The US Government documented Negroe citizen resident locations, sibling patents name and parents place of birth, birth marriage certificates which include married couples parents name and and date and place of birth.
And you have maternal and paternal lines to work off. D Plus Death certificates

The USA documents EVERTHING in Life basically AFTER 1870. That is the one thing USA is good for. We live in a documented country.

Your Great Grand parents draft service registration info is in ancestry.com as we speak.

Prisons back in the day kept record of inmates names and info. on Funding Your Roots PBS Black gueuest had ancestors on the show had inmate records that were shown from back in the day

This really is not some grand mystery like you are making it out to be.
they also have records of all the variations of last names illiterate black people may have spelt their name around 1870. and old contstructions of neighborhoods of who lived next to who, who went to this school etc