Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
@OfTheCross
This is the free site I used familysearch.org

Maybe if I get time I'll hit you up to try to search also for you

Just put in your parents or grand parents name. It will pull up their parents info becuse it was required for birth certificates and census every 10 years plus marriage certificate.

Also Ancestry.com has even more you can use it free if you sign up for your local library library card

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You can not put on Black American Lineage like it's a coat you can wear. Yes we have Caribbean brothers and sisters who descend from Slavery. But this is about American Slavery therefor you would not qualify. The American Government owes a debt to us since 40 Acres and a mule which Lincoln approved before they blew his brains out and his racist Vice President gave our Reparations to the Slave Masters. We are not starting our claim at Jim Crow and Redlining. We are starting it from the Origins, Slavery and carrying that through everything else. Also LOL @ "We can't trace it". B.S. Slavery is only two 80 year old grandparents life span away. Most Black American People have family down South of some kind and that's the main link. I never met a Black American that didn't know their family history up to a point.

Honestly if you have a Black Grandmother born in the 1930's or Great Grandmother born in the 1910's, you are most likely descended of Slavery, it's that easy. Most of my homies in NY had family down South. Same in Philly. The Majority of Blacks in America descend from Slavery. This isn't hard. Making it lineage specific also shuts down people who never claim to be Black. Some people do want to be viewed as "Black" and won't even check the box, they will put "Other". Sorry, Black has been on every single document my entire life. My Parents birth certificates had "Negro" on them. This isn't rocket science. My Black Brothers and sisters know who they are. And my Brothers and Sisters of the diaspora know they immigrated to America. Reparations in America is for Black Americans who descend from Slaves only. Caricom is handling Reparations for the Caribbean and African countries will have to take their fight to Europe. This is about the American Government. Reparations is the #1 policy for Black America. This is just the beginning. Cali might change the game with this ruling.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:gucci:
Okkkk so why are finger wagging Black Americans for push back on “race based” reparations. You sounding real Op-ish
Cause there’s no way for most people to prove lineage.

And the oppression that makes reparations a thing was race based.

We talking about what’s “fair” and who “deserves” it do you think it’s fair and deserving for a person/family with passing white skin, who’ve benefited from slavery/racism to get reparations cause they can produce a document showing someone in their lineage descended from slaves?

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Cause there’s no way for most people to prove lineage.

And the oppression that makes reparations a thing was race based.

We talking about what’s “fair” and who “deserves” it do you think it’s fair and deserving for a person/family with passing white skin, who’ve benefited from slavery/racism to get reparations cause they can produce a document showing someone in their lineage descended from slaves?
Yes.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
:yeshrug:

Just in general conversations most ppl don't know their great grand parents names.

Some aren't even sure where their grandparents were born exactly.

If it's easy then great.
If you know you grandparents atleast -- you can start from there. Again, it's not hard.

Also, there will be other ways they are going to have working with the government to prove eligibility.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Because you making it seem like it's simple af to get shyt.

@calixprynce relying on the State of California to have his paperwork.:mjlol:

I just don't know of many people that have official documentation tracing their lineage to the 1800s.

It is possible to get these things, but most don't. I reckon it's because it's not an easy/simple process and it costs money.

Either way, when advocating for Reparations, as we all are, it's important we iron out the details on how we're gonna verify individuals and how much to pay out.
Because most people haven't done their family tree, but most people have someone in their family that has.

Again, there will be resources and ways to help them find their records. Again, the U.S.A. knows who is ADOS and who is not when they want to know.

The paperwork trial is there -- on state and national level.

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
That’s backwards as fukk but you got it:hubie:

Pete Davidson gone get a check but @calixprynce wont :mjlol:
No, anyone who can provide the documentation that is required will get it. It was a combination of dark, light, red, yella, etc that went through the atrocity of slavery, Jim Crow, etc. if you meet the requirements, then you receive.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
IT IS ALMOST GUARANTEED THAT ALL ADOS CAN TRACE ANCESTRY WITH ONLINE FREE SITES LIKE PEOPLESERCH TO THE YEAR 1870. YOU ARE ADOS GUARANTEED IF YOU CAN.

@OfTheCross you and literally every native Black American in this thread today in under an hour or two can trace their ancestry to 1870 in under 2 hours imo.

I am almost willing to bet money I could trace anyone in this thread ancestry in an hour with first and last name info and birth date and birth location info. It is that easy.

I can literally pull up your favorite rappers ancestry to the the late 19th century TODAY IN UNDER 2 HOURS Easy.

You don't need to know a slave masters middle or last name or antyng or according to the criteria proposed by experts on Slavery Repartions. 1870 or a later is good enough.

The thing I am unsure about on these "what about cases" many times brought up by covert anti Repartions people are the Black American adoptees.

And out of personal curiosity I would like details from ADOS and other leaders in Repartions movement about criteria when it comes to slaves moved back an forth from the USA and islands or S America.

Now would be a great time to start a business now to help black people that don t have the means or know how to do this specifically to the terms needed to be qualified .

Like putting the whole packet together for them .. maybe even a non- profit .

Which makes me think .. in the age of the scammer .. unfortunately a lot of legit ADOS might get got .

:francis: