Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
A DNA test won’t tell WHEN your ancestors came from Africa.

The problem is DOCUMENTATION. Yeah you can look back and try to find out where uncle Willy moved from, but can you PROVE it.:comeon:

Most people can not. Especially black people.

Not gonna front that 1870 Wall is hard to get past probally for most Black Americans
A Reparations commission may need to have the Govermwnt fund professional geneoligait for descandst for free.

OR I don't really know if I support this but Dr. Dariity offered as a mere thought experiment to maybe relax requirements for Black Americans and descendants of immirgants whose lineage was here before 1965 and let in a small amount Black immigmigrant descendants who ancestors arrived during Jim crown or the big Black Carribean wave of 1911 that settled in New York...

This apparently would make it easier to have proof and documentation than linking to a slave or Black person before 1866

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What I’m saying is. Lots of people don’t have names to search.

Lots of names of been changed. Lots of people don’t have two parents to search. There’s generations of people who don’t have two parents or grandparents to search. Lots of records have been lost and mishandled. Lots of people who existed back then have been lost to history. Again. Even on the sites you guys are using the explicit say finding black folks can and will be difficult.

But y’all like “naw it’s easy”

I do want to offer my help -- or give you a list of people who do this for free -- who you can trust (genealogist) that will help you start.

And if any else needs help -- please let me know and I will find some local resources and online resources and give tips to help you start.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
if they fukk off the money, that's on them.

Will most of it go back to cacs....a lot of the bread would sadly. But let it be their choice.
This is horrible, dangerously flawed logic. The root word in reparations is "repair". The onus is on the government to correct a 400 year wrong. If they can wipe their hands clean because your family member is gambling/drug addict, or just bad with money, etc-- then it wasn't actual repair. It was consolation. For that those particluar person at that.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This is horrible, dangerously flawed logic. The root word in reparations is "repair". The onus is on the government to correct a 400 year wrong. If they can wipe their hands clean because your family member is gambling/drug addict, or just bad with money, etc-- then it wasn't actual repair. It was consolation. For that those particluar person at that.

Quick question do you ask Jewish folks what they do with their reperations money?!!? :patrice::martin: :wtb:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

there's no amount of money that can erase what happened but the money would help.

Doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of cats will blow the money on bullshyt that goes right back into cacs pockets.

If people blow the money, that's still their choice. We gotta be smart about managing the bread if it ever happens.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yall are letting this troll poster @MeachTheMonster have a voice in here. The same poster who compares his own daughter to sounding like "a white girl"?? whatever tf that is supposed to mean.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-daughter-sounds-like-a-little-white-girl.17976/

and claims that the average white person is more "miserable than us"

:patrice:

interesting that a poster with a half white father and a white grandmother is oppositional to the concept of reparations for foundational black americans and admits that he doesn't know what race he is. :comeon: fyi if anyone wants to know why he's doing the most in this thread.

:jbhmm:
Yeah I’m sure you are more miserable than the average person.

Pretending to be a militant black woman on this goofy ass website. You got to be miserable.

Im not tho. I’ll let you weirdos corner the market on misery.:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Yeah I’m sure you are more miserable than the average person.

Pretending to be a militant black woman on this goofy ass website. You got to be miserable.

Im not tho. I’ll let you weirdos corner the market on misery.:ehh:

no wonder u got the most posts in this thread. YOU DONT QUALIFY , you mudblood punk :mjlol:

State of California gone laugh at you , they REALLY dont know you now :umad:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Interesting article from the NY Times - the mainstream is starting to take notice of how the reparations and resistance talk has picked up since AAs/foundational black americans started the movements for generating compensation with Carribean countries following suit. Let no one tell you that Black Americans are not the impetus for the Reparations and International Resistance Movements. Case in point:

Gaffes and Miscues Mar a Royal Tour of a Republic-Minded Caribbean

Key points:
  • In Belize, a visit to a cocoa farm was scotched after residents protested. In Jamaica, the prime minister declared his country was “moving on” from the British monarchy. In the Bahamas, the couple arrived to demands from a group calling for slavery reparations that they acknowledge Britain’s economy “was built on the backs of our ancestors.”

For Prince William and his wife, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, it has been a turbulent tour of the Caribbean — one that has dramatized, through a pileup of gaffes and miscues, how rapidly Queen Elizabeth II is losing her grip on these distant dominions, even when she sends her most popular proxies.

• Barbados cast off the queen as head of state last November, and Jamaica seems emboldened to follow suit, though it would require a referendum to amend the island’s constitution. William, second in line to the throne, got a taste of how the mood toward the monarchy has changed in the wake of the Black Lives Matter movement and a renewed call for reparations for Britain’s role in the slave trade.

• In Trench Town, the Kingston neighborhood famous as the home of Bob Marley, the couple tried their hand at reggae and mixed with friendly crowds. But the enduring image of the stop was likely to be them touching the fingers of children stretched through a chain-link fence — the kind of public-relations gaffe that afflicts other members of the royal family but has rarely tarnished this couple.

The dissonance is about more than poor stagecraft, according to scholars and royal watchers. Sentiment toward the royal family has shifted perceptibly in the Caribbean since the killing of Black people by the police in the United States inflamed a long-simmering debate in Britain and its former colonies about the legacy of empire. Barbados’s decision to remove the queen was a tipping point.
  • Elizabeth, 96 next month, remains head of state of 15 countries in the Commonwealth. While she has a reservoir of popularity in the Caribbean, particularly among older people, Professor Drayton said many were impatient for a public acknowledgment by the monarchy of its role in the slave trade, which was conducted under royal imprimatur by the Royal African Company in the 17th and 18th centuries.
  • Earlier in the week, William spoke about Britain's role in slavery in Jamaica during another speech at a dinner hosted by the Governor General of Jamaica at King's House.

"I strongly agree with my father, The Prince of Wales, who said in Barbados last year that the appalling atrocity of slavery forever stains our history," William said of his father, Prince Charles. "I want to express my profound sorrow. Slavery was abhorrent, and it should never have happened. While the pain runs deep, Jamaica continues to forge its future with determination, courage and fortitude."

• I've certainly never seen resistance and protest in the same way we’ve seen in Jamaica,"
This is not a coincidence of how this resurgence in carribean countries under British rule came in the wake of Black American activism. AAs set the blueprints, indeed. salute.

Last edited:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not surprised there's still some annoying tethers and non-black folks on this site trying to wiggle their miserable hands into the money of direct descendants of slavery

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Quick question do you ask Jewish folks what they do with their reperations money?!!? :patrice::martin: :wtb:

there's no amount of money that can erase what happened but the money would help.

Doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of cats will blow the money on bullshyt that goes right back into cacs pockets.

If people blow the money, that's still their choice. We gotta be smart about managing the bread if it ever happens.
Y'all mean to tell me people have been arguing for pages about whether or not immigrants should be included when all along, y'all really don't care what happens? :mindblown:

So my future grandchild could descend from the same lineage as me, but because I'm a fukk up they receive none of the benefits I balled out on, and "that's on them"

But if immigrants are so much as mentioned in reference to reparations, NOW there's a concern for finite resources and ensuring the lineage recieves just due? :what: It's hard to believe people are actually concerned with our lineage when they talk like this. It sounds like you just want the money, even if it's at the expense of us actually progressing collectively like reparations is supposed to achieve.

And if you do, then fine... But say that