Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is just State level - we are still fighting for national level. But, that bill needs to be revised and it's still sitting waiting to be passed.

At bare minimum, Federal reparations should be full elimination of student debt, free higher education, free health care.

Cash payments would be incalculable.

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Cause there’s no way for most people to prove lineage.

And the oppression that makes reparations a thing was race based.

We talking about what’s “fair” and who “deserves” it do you think it’s fair and deserving for a person/family with passing white skin, who’ve benefited from slavery/racism to get reparations cause they can produce a document showing someone in their lineage descended from slaves?

it’s not that hard tho op FOH. It was race based yet you can’t make claims just off of race especially in Cali. Hence we have our claims here and the Caribbean countries have their own claims. How could I sue GM for a malfunction that caused me to crash when I own a Ford? You aren’t making a lick of sense. You trying your best to muddy shyt up, this isn’t rocket science and you don’t need to has a masters in genealogy to trace your roots. Lastly you’re going to need more than one ancestor descended from slavery to make a claim, cut it out.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

tenor.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, anyone who can provide the documentation that is required will get it. It was a combination of dark, light, red, yella, etc that went through the atrocity of slavery, Jim Crow, etc. if you meet the requirements, then you receive.
Documentation of what?

The history has been erased.

Millions of black folks don’t even know who their grandparents are. Let alone having the ability to actually find and prove documentation.

A very common thing was black people changing their name when they moved to flee whatever the hell they were running from.

Lots of black people moved from the south and pretty much deleted their history on purpose. Those people and their ancestors were greatly harmed by slavery, but in this “papers please” scenario they’d get nothing.

Lots of black men were locked in prison or died at the hands of racist violence. No last name or lineage available. Their ancestors would get nothing.

I don’t think a lot of you have really thought this through.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
lol dumb nikkas came in here anyway

If we can trace Buddy Bolden, given his background, we can trace everyone else

concern trolling gotta stop

nikkas been working hard about finding family members for decades, ever since we got out of the chains. we're not dumb because we "lost our culture."

the whole point of our last names were to find lost relatives

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
At bare minimum, Federal reparations should be full elimination of student debt, free higher education, free health care.

Nah they know how much they have to pay and it starts in the Trillions govt got plenty of time for war and foreign aid fukk that cut the check :scust: Free education dont close no fukking wealth gap for the last time enough with that bullshyt!!!

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
lol dumb nikkas came in here anyway

If we can trace Buddy Bolden, given his background, we can trace everyone else

concern trolling gotta stop
Concern trolling on steroids lmao

Basically If you are in your 30s the grand parents of your grandparents would show up in 1870 US Census and Birth certificates online on peoplesearch.org or Ancestry.com

Last edited:

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Documentation of what?

The history has been erased.

Millions of black folks don’t even know who their grandparents are. Let alone having the ability to actually find and prove documentation.

A very common thing was black people changing their name when they moved to flee whatever the hell they were running from.

Lots of black people moved from the south and pretty much deleted their history on purpose. Those people and their ancestors were greatly harmed by slavery, but in this “papers please” scenario they’d get nothing.

Lots of black men were locked in prison or died at the hands of racist violence. No last name or lineage available. Their ancestors would get nothing.

I don’t think a lot of you have really thought this through.
I don’t think this is true, but in your scenario, a lot of lighter skinned black American men and women wouldn’t get anything.