Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Daps
That’s that kid shyt I’m talking about.

If I walk in a store with a voucher for some free shyt. I ain’t gone stand there watching people and get mad if they get some free shyt without the voucher.

Who cares if someone makes the same “claim” as you as long as yours fulfilled?

Only reason to be concerned with that is to be selfish and emotional over the topic :manny:

I’m sure I’ll regret responding to you, but this is a terrible analogy.

This ain’t about “free shyt”, it’s about back pay.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I actually have documentation. Hell my living grandmother is 97 years old, she can just tell them where she came from. I would have no problem in this scenario.

But you would. I’m trying to help people like you:manny:

nikka you general admission. You in the boat of 90% of blacc Californians (if you even from here)

nikka all i gotta do is tell them my YA# is 93308 . I knew I was special , they always told us we was :wow:

they gone give me yo $ to give to you :mjlol:

you talkin bout a STATE government that actually raised me but DONT KNOW YOU :umad:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I’m sure I’ll regret responding to you, but this is a terrible analogy.

This ain’t about “free shyt”, it’s about back pay.
Don't get caught up in that.

Even for back pay you need paperwork to show when and how many hours you worked.

Dude's point is that paperwork is needed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka you general admission. You in the boat of 90% of blacc Californians (if you even from here)

nikka all i gotta do is tell them my YA# is 93308 . I knew I was special , they always told us we were :wow:

they gone give me yo $ to give to you :mjlol:

you talkin bout a STATE government that actually raised me but DONT KNOW YOU :umad:
You got it breh.

Trust the American government to keep track of the lineage they purposely erased from you brehs :mjlol:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
IT IS ALMOST GUARANTEED THAT ALL ADOS CAN TRACE ANCESTRY WITH ONLINE FREE SITES LIKE FAMILYSEARCH.COM TO THE YEAR 1870. YOU ARE ADOS GUARANTEED IF YOU CAN.

@OfTheCross you and literally every native Black American in this thread today in under an hour or two can trace their ancestry to 1870 in under 2 hours imo.

I am almost willing to bet money I could trace anyone in this thread ancestry in an hour with first and last name info and birth date and birth location info. It is that easy.

I can literally pull up your favorite rappers ancestry to the the late 19th century TODAY IN UNDER 2 HOURS Easy.

You don't need to know a slave masters middle or last name or antyng or according to the criteria proposed by experts on Slavery Repartions. 1870 or a later is good enough.

The thing I am unsure about on these "what about cases" many times brought up by covert anti Repartions people are the Black American adoptees.

And out of personal curiosity I would like details from ADOS and other leaders in Repartions movement about criteria when it comes to slaves moved back an forth from the USA and islands or S America.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
You got it breh.

Trust the American government to keep track of the lineage they purposely erased from you brehs :mjlol:

nikka they still got my HS transcripts :mjlol:

Kamala Harris gone vouch fo me , while you left high and dry . Shoulda been in the streets as a teen and you coulda been special like me :umad:

nahhh you wanted to go to prom and shyt . . and make jerkin videos with the Power Rangers:mjlol:

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Read your posts breh it’s all emotions.

What’s practical is telling the government “CUT THE CHECK” and not getting caught up in all these side fights about nothing.

The more we let them scrutinize who “should” get it. The more likely they are to fukk us ALL over. It’s literally the blueprint of American politics.

“Let them fight amongst themselves while we fukk em all over “ :francis:

It ain’t no fight, distinctions need to be made and the lines are being drawn. Those outside of our ethnicity that take umbrage with that… oh well tough titty. We as a people on this land have always included other smaller groups in our claims, this ain’t one of them as it should be, no watering down what’s specifically for us so other groups won’t feel excluded. fukk that, those who deserve reparations should fight for them just like we are and not try to latch on and to force themselves in someone else’s claim. That’s only right. Again you failed to highlight a successful reparations claim that was based on race. Show me a precedent…if not ITS YOU that is speaking from emotions about being left out

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

Even for back pay you need paperwork to show when and how many hours you worked.

From ‘20. and odd’ to 10 million: The growth of the slave population in the United States

"This research note describes the growth of the slave population in the United States and develops several new measures of its size and growth, including an estimate of the total number of slaves who ever lived in the United States. Estimates of the number of births and slave imports are provided in ten-year increments between 1619 and 1860 and in one-year increments between 1861 and 1865. The results highlight the importance of natural increase to the rapid growth of the U.S. slave population and indicate that approximately 10 million slaves lived in the United States, where they contributed 410 billion hours of labor. A concluding discussion highlights a few descriptive statistics historians might find useful, including the cumulative number of slaves who lived in the United States by decade and the proportion of slaves who were living at various moments in U.S. history, including shortly after the ratification of the Constitution in 1788 and at the start of the American Civil War in 1861."

Daps

So you’re just gonna ignore the post I quoted where he said he we shouldn’t be concerned about non-qualified folks getting “free shyt” too comparing reparations to a fukking Walmart coupon? :dwillhuh:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
IT IS ALMOST GUARANTEED THAT ALL ADOS CAN TRACE ANCESTRY WITH ONLINE FREE SITES LIKE PEOPLESERCH TO THE YEAR 1870. YOU ARE ADOS GUARANTEED IF YOU CAN.

@OfTheCross you and literally every native Black American in this thread today in under an hour or two can trace their ancestry to 1870 in under 2 hours imo.

I am almost willing to bet money I could trace anyone in this thread ancestry in an hour with first and last name info and birth date and birth location info. It is that easy.

I can literally pull up your favorite rappers ancestry to the the late 19th century TODAY IN UNDER 2 HOURS Easy.

You don't need to know a slave masters middle or last name or antyng or according to the criteria proposed by experts on Slavery Repartions. 1870 or a later is good enough.

The thing I am unsure about on these "what about cases" many times brought up by covert anti Repartions people are the Black American adoptees.

And out of personal curiosity I would like details from ADOS and other leaders in Repartions movement about criteria when it comes to slaves moved back an forth from the USA and islands or S America.
:ehh:

If I give you a couple names could you look them up and lmk?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It ain’t no fight, distinctions need to be made and the lines are being drawn. Those outside of our ethnicity that take umbrage with that… oh well tough titty. We as a people on this land have always included other smaller groups in our claims, this ain’t one of them as it should be, no watering down what’s specifically for us so other groups won’t feel excluded. fukk that, those who deserve reparations should fight for them just like we are and not try to latch on and to force themselves in someone else’s claim. That’s only right. Again you failed to highlight a successful reparations claim that was based on race. Show me a precedent…if not ITS YOU that are speaking from emotions about being left out
All of this is emotional.

Nothing in your post has anything practical to do with ensuring people with slavery ancestry get reparation.

It’s all about who “deserves” what and what’s “right” blah blah blah.

Politics and policy don’t work like that. Emotions are exploited in politics.