Cali or DMV? Where should I move

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
nikka be quiet...I live in DC....Woodbridge is 22 miles from DC. If that's a long commute to you, then that's you....he said he was going to NOVA. That's NOVA.

:stopitslime:Breh, where the hell did I say anything about commutes? It's the fact that your trying to get that nicca to live in woodbridge that speaks volumes. I could see if you said somewhere like Reston, Fairfax, or Ashburn..but hoodbridge? Okay..no comment

Daps
So I have a job offer for 82k/yr in NoVa and I'm lookin at a possible 75k in San Diego or San Jose.. I've never been to either; I'm originally from jersey and just moved from hawaii. I always thought San Diego would be dope cuz of the weather and what not but is it worth the pay cut? :patrice: I'm married and have a 3 year old son btw

75k in San Diego or San Jose might not get you all that far. The cost of living is pretty high

BUT you could live in a nearby town if you don't mind an hour commute.They have commuter trains out here too if you dont want to drive to and from like that. You'll save a lot on housing costs and you can easily drive to the bigger cities if you're into the the nightlife.

Bay Area/Silicon Valley wages without the housing costs = win

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:stopitslime:Breh, where the hell did I say anything about commutes? It's the fact that your trying to get that nicca to live in woodbridge that speaks volumes. I could see if you said somewhere like Reston, Fairfax, or Ashburn..but hoodbridge? Okay..no comment

I aint say the nikka had to live in Woodbridge...I was giving him options :stopitslime: Personally, I'd rather live out there, in a nice ass crib and drive 20 miles in than pay 2x as much to live in Fairfax or Rosslyn. Do you though playa. Only on the Coli is 20 miles way out in the sticks. nikkas driving that shyt everyday, most people more :stopitslime:

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
I aint say the nikka had to live in Woodbridge...I was giving him options :stopitslime: Personally, I'd rather live out there, in a nice ass crib and drive 20 miles in than pay 2x as much to live in Fairfax or Roslyn. Do you though playa. Only on the Coli is 20 miles way out in the sticks. nikkas driving that shyt everyday, most people more :stopitslime:

Naw dawg I hear you I was just fukking around...traffic is bytch out that way though so you have to take location into account. If he's working in Nova..probably better to live in NoVa..a 20 mile commute can turn into an hour easily.

I actually have no issue with a 20 mile commute..my daily commute (one-way) is way worse :(

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
I'd say DC. Take the higher pay. Traffic is fukking :sadcam:but it's plenty of things to do if you enjoy the city lifestyle.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Naw dawg I hear you I was just fukking around...traffic is bytch out that way though so you have to take location into account. If he's working in Nova..probably better to live in NoVa..a 20 mile commute can turn into an hour easily.

I actually have no issue with a 20 mile commute..my daily commute (one-way) is way worse :(

I feel you. Whatever you decide to do O/P, the point is the DMV is cheaper than Cali :manny: whether you rent an apartment near Key Bridge or rent a crib further out in VA. You can't go wrong :manny:

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
nikka be quiet...I live in DC....Woodbridge is 22 miles from DC. If that's a long commute to you, then that's you....he said he was going to NOVA. That's NOVA.
i live in woodbridge but be in DC everyday and my house looks like the one posted. I've never been to san diego but northern VA is gonna look a lot different and better over the next 5-15 yrs

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
TS is going to be at Belvoir, those parts of Woodbridge would be ideal. Us closer that would be suicide. Although, there is a part of me that those are bank deals, but I could be wrong

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:dead: at Woodbridge

That shyt is WAY........ Out of the metro area

Prince William County is a county located on the Potomac River in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States, and is part of the Washington Metropolitan Area. As of 2012, Prince William County had a population of 421,164. Its county seat is the independent city of Manassas. It is part of Northern Virginia and is one of the highest-income counties in the United States.

You wrong on two accounts bro...Woodbridge is in Prince William county, a county that's included in the Washington Metro Area and is considered Northern Virginia. I'm not just making shyt up here :rudy: If you want to live right next to DC....fine. Just don't try to act like living 20 miles out is the wasteland.

northern_virginia-map.gif

map.gif

Judgement!

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South Sacramento
I'm from DC and Cali... I'd take the Daygo offer, you'll love the socal area. It is expensive as shyt. I was paying 1G for a studio apartment 11 years ago by SDSU, but I enjoyed myself. It's like a laid back less fake LA

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Take the job in Virginia. Taxes are lower in VA and $82k will get you a nice spot, neighborhood, and you'll be able to enjoy the city life in the District.

Traffic sucks but atleast you won't have to cross into Maryland or DC to get to work.

I love San Diego but I don't think I'd live in California unless I was making 6 figures.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Prince William County is a county located on the Potomac River in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States, and is part of the Washington Metropolitan Area. As of 2012, Prince William County had a population of 421,164. Its county seat is the independent city of Manassas. It is part of Northern Virginia and is one of the highest-income counties in the United States.

You wrong on two accounts bro...Woodbridge is in Prince William county, a county that's included in the Washington Metro Area and is considered Northern Virginia. I'm not just making shyt up here :rudy: If you want to live right next to DC....fine. Just don't try to act like living 20 miles out is the wasteland.

northern_virginia-map.gif

map.gif

I live in Glenn Dale, Maryland and its only 12 miles from New York Avenue. I work off 16th street in between U Street and Columbia Road... and in total its like 16-17 miles from home, 45 minute commute or so on a normal day.

I'd rather live in the burbs than the city. I hang out in DC all the time anyway.