Caleb Williams is just a less athletic, shorter Justin Fields

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How they gon light them up for years when the bears n commies are in two diff divisions ahch
Kind of like how the Chiefs have rivalries with Bills, Bengals, etc.

I just think passing on Caleb is dumb. You draft someone like that and put in the very best personnel around them you can find. Fields simply can't do what they guy does with his arm. Dude got that Mahomes, Josh, Herbert-level explosive arm. I guarantee you the Bears would be getting coaches showing up out the woodwork trying to coach someone like that like they are Herbert.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Kind of like how the Chiefs have rivalries with Bills, Bengals, etc.

I just think passing on Caleb is dumb. You draft someone like that and put in the very best personnel around them you can find. Fields simply can't do what they guy does with his arm. Dude got that Mahomes, Josh, Herbert-level explosive arm. I guarantee you the Bears would be getting coaches showing up out the woodwork trying to coach someone like that like they are Herbert.

Fields is lacking things for sure but arm talent isnt it tbh. Just yesterday he made some videogame throws.

I dont think either path is really a L. I think going off how this team has played the last portion of the season even a middling qb can get 10 or so wins with this defense. So either jf or williams its w/e. It would be odd to keep Flus and not fields tho

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll keep saying this. Fields was a better college QB than Caleb. Caleb's game has flaws, and he's smaller than Fields. Trade the number 1 pick. Fleece a team (most likely the Commanders) draft Marvin Harrison JR, and elite o-line and defense.

Chicago does that, and they're in the playoffs next year.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'll keep saying this. Fields was a better college QB than Caleb. Caleb's game has flaws, and he's smaller than Fields. Trade the number 1 pick. Fleece a team (most likely the Commanders) draft Marvin Harrison JR, and elite o-line and defense.

Im fine with whatever poles does but I think the trade down is def the Move. Arizona picking 4th sealed it. If you can trade down and STILL pick MHJ and beat OL with their pick thats a no brainer imo. With that much talent you could put any most likely any qb back there and they should be decent. Which with how the defense is maturing thats all you need. If Fields is just a game manager with some several dramatic plays a game and defense goes from a top 10 to top 5 unit thats a winning team.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im fine with whatever poles does but I think the trade down is def the Move. Arizona picking 4th sealed it. If you can trade down and STILL pick MHJ and beat OL with their pick thats a no brainer imo. With that much talent you could put any most likely any qb back there and they should be decent. Which with how the defense is maturing thats all you need. If Fields is just a game manager with some several dramatic plays a game and defense goes from a top 10 to top 5 unit thats a winning team.

Honestly, they should tell the Commanders they also want Mclaurin along with picks. Imagine Fields with a WR crew of Moore, Mclaurin, and Marvin Harrison Jr. The Bears would've have gone from the worst WR cores to the best in one offseason.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, they should tell the Commanders they also want Mclaurin along with picks. Imagine Fields with a WR crew of Moore, Mclaurin, and Marvin Harrison Jr. The Bears would've have gone from the worst WR cores to the best in one offseason.

I know it seems like homerism but historically the 1st pick overall being a qb hasnt won a bowl with the team they got drafted by anyway.

I think its just mannings?

49ers n rams should be the blueprint teams go for. Build the rest of the team, it makes no sense for your team to theoretically be tied to the success of one player unless they are transcendant like lamar or mahommes

Unless you think this team is a rookie caleb williams away I dont really think its the best use of resources

lib123

All Star
Daps
I know it seems like homerism but historically the 1st pick overall being a qb hasnt won a bowl with the team they got drafted by anyway.

I think its just mannings?

49ers n rams should be the blueprint teams go for. Build the rest of the team, it makes no sense for your team to theoretically be tied to the success of one player unless they are transcendant like lamar or mahommes

Unless you think this team is a rookie caleb williams away I dont really think its the best use of resources

That's a good point. However, it has to be considered that teams who pick #1 are usually organizations that are consistently dysfunctional. If Mahomes was as highly touted going into the 2017 draft as Caleb Williams and 49ers traded up to the #1 pick to get him, they would probably have won multiple super bowls like the Chiefs.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Bears have a top 10 D? :dwillhuh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bears have a top 10 D? :dwillhuh:

Since Week 5, the Bears rank first in the league in run defense, sixth in total yards, seventh in points per game allowed and fifth in expected points added. They lead the league in interceptions since then.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Oh u moving goal posts and just magically erase games from the season to fit the narrative.
Gotcha!

Btw, defensive rankings are for all 17 games and Bears arent close to being top 10 except their run D...and thats because their secondary is ass

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz

200%