Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Bird, Magic and Jordan couldn't eat but because of their efforts you got bums like Tobias Harris today making a cool 250+ milly in lifetime earnings.

tobias-harris.gif

Daps
This is how im competing against Shaq to lock down Angel Reese.

See, I was already aware that WNBA players make no money. I make more than they do.

So my plan is to hit her with the Sugar daddy "come here" wave that ole boy gave to Jada Pinkett Smith in Set it Off and then the rest will be history.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
This is how im competing against Shaq to lock down Angel Reese.

See, I was already aware that WNBA players make no money. I make more than they do.

So my plan is to hit her with the Sugar daddy "come here" wave that ole boy gave to Jada Pinkett Smith in Set it Off and then the rest will be history.
@987654321

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

SuaveyBoi115

All Star
Daps
Ain't no different than what Magic, Bird and Jordan had to deal with in the NBA 40-45 years ago.

It took those guys growing the game...putting it on the map and making it global. Which is why the league was able to explode in revenue.

Those guys never got compensated fairly for what they brought to the game. But what Pioneer is ever given their just due?

Caitlin has a chance to become a global phenom....she won't get that back in WNBA money but 25 years from now maybe these chicks can see a million dollar contract because of what she did for the game.

Bird, Magic and Jordan couldn't eat but because of their efforts you got bums like Tobias Harris today making a cool 250+ milly in lifetime earnings.
:dead:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They should be making more than this even if it is only for 4 months of work. The players need to figure out how to demand more money, but if the revenue isn’t there it’s a tough argument.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Shoulda took that Ice Cube money :mjlol:

Seriously tho 76k is low AF for a professional athlete. Can you even maintain peak physical performance with that amount of money?

She’s fine, i’m sure she will make lots through endorsements, but this means lots of them women living in poverty just to play basketball :huhldup:

Minor League Baseball players is literally slumming it out here too if they aren't a high draft pick. Not very many pro team athletes get paid outside the Big 4

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Ain't no different than what Magic, Bird and Jordan had to deal with in the NBA 40-45 years ago.

It took those guys growing the game...putting it on the map and making it global. Which is why the league was able to explode in revenue.

Those guys never got compensated fairly for what they brought to the game. But what Pioneer is ever given their just due?

Caitlin has a chance to become a global phenom....she won't get that back in WNBA money but 25 years from now maybe these chicks can see a million dollar contract because of what she did for the game.