Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
Am I missing something? I thought they were eating off of NIL in college basketball because of the record ratings. Why was everyone in a rush to go to the WNBA? I mean they will get endorsements by being pro, but WNBA ratings haven't been anywhere close to the numbers that womens college basketball were doing.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
edaf1b2e779df0b7b47fdf57b6ed1703.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Am I missing something? I thought they were eating off of NIL in college basketball because of the record ratings. Why was everyone in a rush to go to the WNBA? I mean they will get endorsements by being pro, but WNBA ratings haven't been anywhere close to the numbers that womens college basketball were doing.
CC's dream and ultimate goal in life was to be in the WNBA.

She knows that's she's going to sell out tickets and boost the WNBA's profile up by a lot just being in it too

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This really ain’t that bad.:manny:

-77K for a 4 month season
-From what I’m reading the WNBA players get housing and a vehicle as well
-Plays in a low cost of living state
-Will be making way more money from endorsements
All them people whining need to post up some photos of themselves at WNBA games or stfu. .:manny:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just don't think a woman's league will ever be popular, no matter what.

It feels like the only time people watch women sports is when it's associated to either allegiance to a school(NCAA) or a country(world cup).

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ain't no different than what Magic, Bird and Jordan had to deal with in the NBA 40-45 years ago.

It took those guys growing the game...putting it on the map and making it global. Which is why the league was able to explode in revenue.

Those guys never got compensated fairly for what they brought to the game. But what Pioneer is ever given their just due?

Caitlin has a chance to become a global phenom....she won't get that back in WNBA money but 25 years from now maybe these chicks can see a million dollar contract because of what she did for the game.

Bird, Magic and Jordan couldn't eat but because of their efforts you got bums like Tobias Harris today making a cool 250+ milly in lifetime earnings.
Yeah on the high, what Angel, Caitlin, some of the other girls in this general range are doing are honorable with coming out early. WNBA can't progress without players of their caliber; players that bring eyes to the game by themselves. Players that corporations will throw the bag out to in college and follow them to the next level.

Clark gonna get hers from the endorsements, but it's 105% chance she'll likely never get even a sniff of what she makes the league. Like all them 70s-80s NBA dudes experienced. Brown getting 300m cuz of Magic. some 3 year old girl rn may make a mil off her contract cuz CC :salute: