Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Why is there outrage? This Larry Bird lookin bytch is no different than the rest of the dykes that NOBODY WATCHES.

How you going to pay these broads like men, when they don't bring in the revenue like the men. :what:

The WNBA aint nothing bout a tax shelter for the NBA. That shyt should have been closed down decades ago.

This is why I don't take broads from the USA serious at all. They talk about women rights, equality, blah,blah,blah. Then why the fukk do they go to NBA games in astronomical numbers vs not going to the WNBA games. :russ: All this feminist bullshyt, where is the support? :gucci:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
GLpDYWRW4AA2eLr

Almost unbelievable how crazy a stat like this is. I remember the LeBron hype when he was coming into the league but it was nothing like this.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I can’t believe they fukked up the jersey situation again. Supposedly Nike went with fanatics because of the Jeremy Lin issue with them not being able to make a jersey for him during the height of his popularity. But now they can’t make any more CC jerseys until August, a month before the end of the WNBA season.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
She is going to have to be the player that puts eyeballs on the screen and butts in the seats. She will have to be WBNA equivalent of Kobe or Michael. But she is making crazy money in endoresments.

Windows 91

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think Lebron hype was 10x times more

You might be right, I was still in grade school in the early 2000s so might just have recency bias. No social media then too, so that might be a part of it as well.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
She is going to have to be the player that puts eyeballs on the screen and butts in the seats. She will have to be WBNA equivalent of Kobe or Michael. But she is making crazy money in endoresments.
Ain't nobody going to watch that shyt.

First it was Swoops then Lobo was supposed to be that player to get the WNBA relevant.

Man that shyt is trash and it would be better for every one to deal with it:mjlol:

Windows 91

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
More like 100x times more. What are these people talking about?

It seems comparable. I ain't ever seen multiple teams switch to larger venues for a single game because of the popularity of an incoming rookie on a road team.:hubie: Shyt, more people watched the '24 WNBA draft than the '03 NBA draft, which is crazy when you look at how much more popular the NBA is than the WNBA. The hype is real, I don't see it as an unreasonable comparison at all.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
It seems comparable. I ain't ever seen multiple teams switch to larger venues for a single game because of the popularity of an incoming rookie on a road team.:hubie: Shyt, more people watched the '24 WNBA draft than the '03 NBA draft, which is crazy when you look at how much more popular the NBA is than the WNBA. The hype is real, I don't see it as an unreasonable comparison at all.
Difference is after the novelty wears off, it will be back to normal. :francis:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Why she did not go to the big three is stoopid.

Plus...
If anything. This should have been the indicator to lower the rim.

To make it really women's basketball and not women playing on a court and hoop suitable for men with a women ball. If the women ball is smaller. Why is the hoop not shorter.

It is stoopid.

I want to watch women basketball. Meaning women poke'n and high flying on one another.
why is the wnba not a real women's basketball league.
it is women playing on a goal suited for men. The wnba problem is it does not feature women.
playing professionally a sport made for women. It is women playing a version of the male sport. On a goal suited for men.

Lower the got damn hoop.

Only reason women basketball in college makes noise is becauee amerixa is boring as fukk and it is the only thing available for these people. Yet outside that.

No one wants to watch the equivalent of youth basketball level play.
from women on an adult men hoop.

You can go to the ymca and watch your child boy or girl. Shoot on a hoop they are not big ebough for yet.

nobody wants to watch that and pay.
without some marketing subsidiaries footing the bill.

yba parents are only there to support their kids. If playing on a hoop to tall for you was a draw. Yba championship ten and under would come on like the little league world series. Yet it does not. Simply because in little league a kid csn go yard and people wanna see that. Conglomerates will pay for that.
No one wants to pay for youth basketball and not see a dunk on national television. Same as the wmba
the problem with wnba is it is centered around a model. That only family and friends can suspend belief for.

By lowering the rim...you create a game.
that has drawing potential because it entertains.

Basketball is watched for the high flying exploits of players.
It is a reason why it is air jordan.

Lower the hoop

So we can turn on sports clips.
or see viral moments of some short five foot girl. Poking on griner.

or being so fluid and imaginative high flying above the rim.
that becomes the main attraction.
People wanna watch some power princess dunker.
plus call her some air associated nickname.

The problem with women basketball is. The endgame for a youth picking up a basketball. Is never a reality for a women basketball player in general. When a boy picks up a basketball. It is potentially when he grows older to dunk. Period.

You playing younger and trying to succeed. So when you get old enough and hopefully grow. You will be on a team. To get that fateful break away and throw it down. Nobody wants to get behind something that has no payoff and women's basketball only really has a payoff for rural collegiate programs. It has no payoff for the general girl to be enthusiastic about playing. As no girl gets to want to play basketball for the feral reason you play basketball. Which is to throw it down one day.

By not lowering the rim in the wnba. You ruin the endgame professionally for a women.
who played basketball.
As they never get the potential to really play basketball. For the reason every young male.
aspires to play basketball on a team game level.

which is to simply be on court and dunk.

bY taking rhat away from females. You also ruin the potential joy of the female players.
Plus you ruin the joy of any prospective Fan.
enjoying it as well.
Lower the fukk'n rim for wnba.

art barr

Last edited: