Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I guess people forgot these girls ain't making shyt off their actual game checks.

According to Spotrac, a website that tracks sports contracts, the 22-year-old athlete is expected to sign a contract with the Fever worth $338,056 over the course of four years. She will earn $76,535 in her rookie season this summer, and is projected to earn an annual salary of $97,582 by the end of her four-year contract.

Unsurprisingly, many fans were quick to point out that Clark’s rookie salary is far less than her male counterparts in the NBA. In fact, Victor Wembanyama - the first pick in last year’s NBA draft - signed a four-year contract with the San Antonio Spurs worth $55m, per Spotrac. He earned more than $12m in his first season alone.

Greatest player in college basketball history just got an entry level project manager salary,” one fan wrote on X, formerly Twitter. :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women need to do that :francis: they always going on about equal pay for female hoopers but dont even participate in the product
yup i did a breakdown of the ratings a couple years ago. more men was watching the WNBA finals than women. women were watching reality tv.

men are not the problem, in fact the NBA has been basically saving the WNBA for years, propping it up, keeping it alive. if they want the women to make more money then they need to get the revenue up by supporting.

i still think a lot of people are about to be in for a rude awakening about CC’s actual draw/popularity unless they building an all white team around her that will be able to compete for chips in Indiana too.

i don’t think the ratings and the hype are going to transition to the WNBA like people think it will. if that’s the case then the revenue ain’t going up and neither is the pay.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Ain't no different than what Magic, Bird and Jordan had to deal with in the NBA 40-45 years ago.

It took those guys growing the game...putting it on the map and making it global. Which is why the league was able to explode in revenue.

Those guys never got compensated fairly for what they brought to the game. But what Pioneer is ever given their just due?

Caitlin has a chance to become a global phenom....she won't get that back in WNBA money but 25 years from now maybe these chicks can see a million dollar contract because of what she did for the game.

Bird, Magic and Jordan couldn't eat but because of their efforts you got bums like Tobias Harris today making a cool 250+ milly in lifetime earnings.