Cacs about to get mad, Captain America is now a Brother :shaq:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon: You knoiw they finna make somebody Gay next. I bet you it's Iron Man, with him being a playboy & all.

I wanna get mad about these big changes they announced this week, but both Marvel & DC having been making changes (The New 52, Peter Parker is no longer Spider-man, & etc.) the last few years that I don't care for. So I'm just gonna ignore these changes announced this week, like I did the rest.
Marvel Comics Presents: The Agenda #1 :lolbron:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
basically, people didn't give a fukk cause they didn't give a fukk about iron man...cause no matter how people might perceive iron man cause of the movies, he was, is, and will always be a 'C' level character....

Lol! Iron Man a C level character!? What!?
Are you kidding???

As for war Machine, people didnt care because he was already black in the COMICS.

Edit: I THINK I understand where you're coming from. But prior to the movies IM was AT LEAST a B level character.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
As for the topic. I agree, a black CA is ridiclous. And its gonna be annoying hearing the racist fanboys. Marvel is being TOO PC imo....Just freaking use already black characters dammit. There's a lot of them that have potential like Blue Marvel. They're already doing a good job with the Mighty Avengers. Expand on them.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
to go in further depth about this:

what marvel is doing is preparing the movie changes that's coming by changing the comics now, to get people 'used' to it.....just so happens, they also trying to branch out and make more money off other groups besides white males...which is what DC is going for with the justice league....if the justice league is done right, DC will have an advantage...if it's not, marvel gonna really push these changes to get a foothold in those markets...

Basically. Both franchises realize the people complaining about the cast no longer being all white shut up over time (ex: Nick Fury - Samuel L Jackson) and that getting the blacks, hispanics, asians, women in general, etc more invested in the brands opens up a bigger piece of the pie for their pockets as far as toy sales, dvd sales, video games, viewership in spinoffs/cartoons, merchandise, etc.

Like with Justice League, as long as they have Batman/Superman to live vicariously through, white males by and large will be content. So, strategically then, someone like Hal Jordan isn't really necessary as Green Lantern. They could cast him but I bet they'd just as soon kick him to the curb and roll with John Stewart depending on how the casting/auditions/call ups from notable actors go. Same reason why they kicked martian manhunter to the bushes and removed Cyborg from his teen titans fame to replace manhunter as a Justice League founding member/big 7 in the comics, which will probably carry over to the movies. Because while manhunter has fans (i guess) he'd basically be a wasted roster spot.

Same logic applies with potentially casting Flash as a latino, having aquaman played by that hawaiian/samoan lookin jason momoa guy, and simply having wonder woman exist... prob also why they slimmed up Amanda Waller in the comics, changing her look from a chubby black woman running a shield-like government organization (ala the justice league cartoon) to a more athletic/attractive 'bad ass' black woman running said organization... all this can transfer very well to a global blockbuster that hits multiple demographics and creates major residual cash flow.

Marvel is doing similar in their own way and i agree that the female thor and building up sam wilson as the 'it' black guy seems to be by design. The more black characters in good roles the better as far as i care tho, so hopefully they throw in T'Challa, Photon, Luke Cage, etc.

Nefrodamus

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#90'sgang
In before white people start complaining about political correctness.
No you aren't

tumblr_n8uc3cZ2yV1s5zf6fo1_1280.jpg

:russ:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They think it Falcon because it is Falcon, if not, Isaiah? Mackie will be back for future films though

http://www.blastr.com/2014-2-13/wait-did-winter-soldiers-falcon-just-confirm-hell-be-back-more-marvel-movies

I was going off the info I knew at the time....they hadn't revealed it was falcon, they just had the pic of the avengers.....

as for Mackie, didn't know he had changed and confirmed he'd be back...the last info I knew regarding him and the marvel movies was he was a 1 and done...that's how he talked and what he said when cap was coming out...and with the info about bucky being there for like 9 movies, chris talking about he was done with cap after A3, all signs pointed to bucky being the new cap....if Mackie come back, maybe they'll only have bucky be cap in a movie, but think he's a lil too extreme to be cap, then Mackie takes over after that....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol! Iron Man a C level character!? What!?
Are you kidding???

As for war Machine, people didnt care because he was already black in the COMICS.

Edit: I THINK I understand where you're coming from. But prior to the movies IM was AT LEAST a B level character.

i'm not trying to insult iron man, but he was never really that important in marvel, before the movies...yea, he was involved with stories, but the best thing going for him was the rock song with the same name lol....I give it to you: maybe C was a lil harsh, i'd give him B at best....

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:aicmon: You knoiw they finna make somebody Gay next. I bet you it's Iron Man, with him being a playboy & all.

I wanna get mad about these big changes they announced this week, but both Marvel & DC having been making changes (The New 52, Peter Parker is no longer Spider-man, & etc.) the last few years that I don't care for. So I'm just gonna ignore these changes announced this week, like I did the rest.
Yup you know that fakkit lobby been pushing hard for it and they have the money...

No better way to influence young minds than turning their hero's...

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I was going off the info I knew at the time....they hadn't revealed it was falcon, they just had the pic of the avengers.....

as for Mackie, didn't know he had changed and confirmed he'd be back...the last info I knew regarding him and the marvel movies was he was a 1 and done...that's how he talked and what he said when cap was coming out...and with the info about bucky being there for like 9 movies, chris talking about he was done with cap after A3, all signs pointed to bucky being the new cap....if Mackie come back, maybe they'll only have bucky be cap in a movie, but think he's a lil too extreme to be cap, then Mackie takes over after that....
Well, its assumed hes in Cap 3.

Black Panther......
One thing that's not in "Winter Soldier" is Falcon's bird from the comics, Redwing, that he has an empathic connection with. Are you hoping Marvel finds some way to incorporate that in a future film, in a grounded, realistic, contemporary way?

I want to. I was joking the other day -- "I got it, I got how it works." In "Captain America" 3, Cap and Falcon go off, Falcon gets kidnapped, dragged into a lab. Because the Winter Soldier broke his suit and his wings, he's brought into a lab and he's given the power of having real wings that are attached to his body. And then, he's given the power to talk to birds. So he comes back, and he's like, "Oh, Cap, what happened?" And Cap's like, "What did they do to you?" And then this bird comes out -- "What's that?" "That's Redwing. He follows me everywhere." So it could easily be done. I've thought about it, man! Anything that gets me into red spandex, I'm in.
Black Panther supplied Falcon with a new costume and wings. An emitter array on Falcon's back creates holographic "hard light" wings with a maximum wingspan of up to 50 feet (15 m). Controlled by a cybernetic link, the wings can be instantly reconfigured into "dozens of different cruise configurations". A "magnetic drive", in turn, provides the thrust needed to get Falcon airborne. The emitter also possesses GPS Jamming Devices that prevent satellite tracking, while the hard-light wings interfere with infra-red tracking.

but who knows

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically. Both franchises realize the people complaining about the cast no longer being all white shut up over time (ex: Nick Fury - Samuel L Jackson) and that getting the blacks, hispanics, asians, women in general, etc more invested in the brands opens up a bigger piece of the pie for their pockets as far as toy sales, dvd sales, video games, viewership in spinoffs/cartoons, merchandise, etc.

Like with Justice League, as long as they have Batman/Superman to live vicariously through, white males by and large will be content. So, strategically then, someone like Hal Jordan isn't really necessary as Green Lantern. They could cast him but I bet they'd just as soon kick him to the curb and roll with John Stewart depending on how the casting/auditions/call ups from notable actors go. Same reason why they kicked martian manhunter to the bushes and removed Cyborg from his teen titans fame to replace manhunter as a Justice League founding member/big 7 in the comics, which will probably carry over to the movies. Because while manhunter has fans (i guess) he'd basically be a wasted roster spot.

Same logic applies with potentially casting Flash as a latino, having aquaman played by that hawaiian/samoan lookin jason momoa guy, and simply having wonder woman exist... prob also why they slimmed up Amanda Waller in the comics, changing her look from a chubby black woman running a shield-like government organization (ala the justice league cartoon) to a more athletic/attractive 'bad ass' black woman running said organization... all this can transfer very well to a global blockbuster that hits multiple demographics and creates major residual cash flow.

Marvel is doing similar in their own way and i agree that the female thor and building up sam wilson as the 'it' black guy seems to be by design. The more black characters in good roles the better as far as i care tho, so hopefully they throw in T'Challa, Photon, Luke Cage, etc.

like I said in the post after the one you quoted:

you would think they would just push one of the many women or black characters they already have, but they too damn lazy and don't want to....so they using the media and fan reactions to these changes as marketing so they don't have to do it themselves.....which is bullshyt....and doesn't really do non white male characters justice, cause once the gimmick is over, so will the push for those type of characters....

tr2k

All Star
Daps

This one confirms it
Did you sign a long contract with a lot of sequels?
Definitely, I signed up for as many movies as I could. I feel like to be in a Marvel franchise can only help me in my career and help me as an actor, so I was willing to go as far as they would let me, in whatever capacity they wanted to retain me. I signed up for, like, 50 movies. [Laughs.]
http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/anthony-mackie-on-avengers.html

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Instead of making Captain America black why don't they just promote Black Panther as well as they do Captain America? :dwillhuh:

Fred.

Exactly. Marvel, as usual, isn't being serious about pushing its non-white / non-white male characters. And we all know Thor and Cap will return to their normal stature in a few years and it'll be as if nothing happened.

Meanwhile, Black Panther is getting little to no shine. :snoop: