Cacs about to get mad, Captain America is now a Brother :shaq:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Hispanics will become the next superheroes b/c they are the largest minoirty, becoming the majority, and an untapped market.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Again my thing is, you want change people's perception. Why would it be ok for Bucky to be Captain America over Falcon. Hell we got a Green Captain America but its wrong for his side kick to step in his shoes because he is black?
Captain_America_Skrull.png
You're missing the point. generally speaking there's nothing wrong with it but why do it??? Can we see black panther on screen with the Avengers doing his thing or is that too black of a character for a mainstream summer blockbuster white audience to absorb or is it best to dress him up as Captain America?

tr2k

All Star
Daps
You're missing the point. generally speaking there's nothing wrong with it but why do it??? Can we see black panther on screen with the Avengers doing his thing or is that too black of a character for a mainstream summer blockbuster white audience to absorb or is it best to dress him up as Captain America?

They did it because it makes logical sense for the side kick to take over his partner's position.

If Black Panther is going to be apart of the movie, he should be appearing in the next Captain America.
But just because he is black shouldnt take away from another black superhero. That sounds stupid. Thats like not having Scarlett Witch because Black Widow is a female too. Who cares what white people think.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get all that trust me.. I just don't even see the need for this storyline period.

Which is pretty presumptuous seeing as how none of us have read it yet. If it comes out and you feel the story is corny or silly then by all means throw shots but the preemptive loading up of a slingshot seems myopic to me at this point.

I may catch hell for this but fukk it, I was thinking about this at work: Yes it would be awesome if Marvel pushed Black Panther or Blade or Luke Cage more than they do. Yes, it would be awesome if they could push more of their strong female characters as opposed to replacing current Thor with a female but you know what? Fans don't always go for the new shyt or for stuff that's going to get the push. There's a reason when you create new characters, you place them in a familiar setting or within familiar constructs and comic fans, who are still adults, are creatures of habit and generally, a cowardly and superstitious lot (shout tout to batman) and they are going to go with the stuff they always go with. Putting a black man as a character who's history goes as far back as WW2 and is now a box office star means more attention not just for the guy under the suit now but also more attention to that particular race and showing ignorant people that black characters can be just as popular as white characters or that female characters can be just as popular as male characters. Like it or not, Black Panther isn't as popular as Captain America, or Spider Man..it sucks but it's true and yes Marvel should show some balls and push their established African American characters but breh, we've been playing catch up for so damn long, at least a mainstream million dollar company is willing to place us in those roles.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
basically if its white is right.
Black Panther is African, let the America brothers get some shine too.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
the funny thing is black panther has been white. there was literally no fuss about what so ever. you'll never guess who he was either.

Cap_as_Black_Panther_(Ultimate).jpg

steve rogers breaking all sorts of barriers

:troll:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
the funny thing is black panther has been white. there was literally no fuss about what so ever. you'll never guess who he was either.

Cap_as_Black_Panther_(Ultimate).jpg

steve rogers breaking all sorts of barriers
Its never wrong for whites to portray people of color. Thats what people are use to. But n this case, Panther wasnt replaced, someone was just playing "dress-up".

earthpantherwhite1.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Its never wrong for whites to portray people of color. Thats what people are use to.

:heh: i'm trolling breh. in the ultimate universe(the same universe with the dominican spider man) steve was just pretending to be black panther, but i don't remember if t.challa was already introduced or if he was introduced later.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
:heh: i'm trolling breh. in the ultimate universe(the same universe with the dominican spider man) steve was just pretending to be black panther, but i don't remember if t.challa was already introduced or if he was introduced later.
I read up on it. He helped Panther get back to Wakanda, but dressed up like him around the team because he was ashamed of being Captain America. Then the Juggernaut beat him til the white meat showed, literally. :lolbron: