C00n Lerry Elder posts montage of 1990s and 2000s Democrats sounding like 2020s Trump bout immigration and borders

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:what:

what do you mean it wasn’t much there in my post , I basically spelled out exactly why the Democrats did what they did

So I guess I’ll have to do it to you for the second time … that immigration bill was crafted by the Republicans and was set to go out long time ago. The Democrats avoided it until immigration became one of the top issues among voters for the 2024 presidential election and the polling showed damn near 70% of the country does not support immigration

Democrats - played Politics As Usual : took that Republican crafted bill , added a whole bunch of pork to it & presented it to the floor

Republicans - played Politics As Usual : shut down that bill even when they know they would’ve pretty much all voted for it even with the added pork a.k.a. additional spending - years ago in a non-election year

now I hope you understand

No I don't understand, because you need to clarify what "pork" was added to the bill by Democrats.

I'm not sure it even matters, because you flat out admit that the GOP wasn't nearly as serious about immigration as they claim. They killed a bill they would have overwhelmingly voted for--even with the additional spending--simply because it's an election year. (Which makes your earlier statement of "I side with Republicans on this one" all the more confusing. If immigration reform is that important, why wait until the elections?)

You keep glossing over the above without acknowledging that it exposes the GOP's spinelessness and hypocrisy. The immigration reform bill's failure rests solely on the shoulders of the Republicans. Full stop.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Give 60 BILLION dollars to Ukraine, bruhs. They wanted to spend $40 billion MORE on Ukraine then our own border. And then they have the nerve to say we have a bill but they won't pass it. This is the games they play and people just read the headlines.

"The Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023 combines U.S. border security funding with aid for Ukraine. This bill was proposed as a bipartisan effort to address both domestic and international priorities. It includes $60 billion in military and economic aid for Ukraine, which is primarily aimed at supporting Ukraine’s defense against Russian aggression. Additionally, the bill provides $20.23 billion for enhanced U.S. border security efforts, such as funding for personnel, technology, and infrastructure improvements to manage border-related challenges.

This legislation is part of broader discussions in 2023 about pairing Ukraine aid with U.S. domestic security initiatives, and it represents a significant legislative attempt to balance foreign policy objectives with urgent border management concerns"

Great!

How much is the US spending on super-important, pressing, urgently-needed immigration reform now?
8Ce2Afj.png

I know I went to public school, but I'm pretty sure $20 billion is better than zero. Plus, we're already committed [as a nation, that is] to funding Ukraine's fight against Russia. That ship has sailed.

Again, if it's as serious as Coli militants and Congressional Republicans claim, why is it okay for Republicans to play politics?

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Great!

How much is the US spending on super-important, pressing, urgently-needed immigration reform now?
8Ce2Afj.png

I know I went to public school, but I'm pretty sure $20 billion is better than zero. Plus, we're already committed [as a nation, that is] to funding Ukraine's fight against Russia. That ship has sailed.

Again, if it's as serious as Coli militants and Congressional Republicans claim, why is it okay for Republicans to play politics?
talking to you is like talking to a wall so I'll pass.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
No I don't understand, because you need to clarify what "pork" was added to the bill by Democrats.

I'm not sure it even matters, because you flat out admit that the GOP wasn't nearly as serious about immigration as they claim. They killed a bill they would have overwhelmingly voted for--even with the additional spending--simply because it's an election year. (Which makes your earlier statement of "I side with Republicans on this one" all the more confusing. If immigration reform is that important, why wait until the elections?)

You keep glossing over the above without acknowledging that it exposes the GOP's spinelessness and hypocrisy. The immigration reform bill's failure rests solely on the shoulders of the Republicans. Full stop.

:snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

It’s either two things either
you are seriously trolling or you don’t have an understanding of politics

yeah, we could forget about the pork/extra spending in that bill

its absolutely positively no reason for you to be confused

several years ago
Republicans would’ve voted for the bill Democrats wouldn’t have voted for the bill

NOW THAT IMMIGRATION IS EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR IN AN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR

Democrats don’t get the right to come back to that same exact bill & put it to the floor for a vote - that makes them full of shyt

Republicans are full of shyt too, but on this single issue, I have to side with them because they were not the party who played politics

as I’ve been saying over and over and over it’s

Politics As Usual

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
The bill that 55% of Black folks backed.

Why didn't the Republicans you support come to our defense?

Y'all see how these agents be on here spewing white supremacist talking points......this the same logic white folks use when talking about slavery "well it was black folks selling black folks"...............get this bullshyt outta here.:camby:

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
immigration is going to destroy this country and Democrats are fukking idiots for changing their position a decade and a half ago

and let’s not forget Republicans are complicit as well, although they are the party that opposes it , they benefit the most because most small business owners & individuals who hire workers are Republicans themselves = cheap labor/no workers rights. It’s a win-win situation for them.
Thank you. Means a lot seeing this come from somebody from the town too

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
People bring up the crime bill like they intended for it to turn out the way. It was simply a failure, nothing more , nothing less. People involved in crafting the bill weren't out to sabotage black people. At the time they thought this would earn them the approval of the black community.
Police fukked it up at the end of the day, because they use it to abuse more black folks.

The crime bill was literally made to appeal to white voters. Things like Polly Klaas, LA riots and so forth were major drivers......saying they weren't out to sabotage black people when they knew the real reason for the crack epidemic and going after "superpredators" is just crazy work:scust:

Last edited:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Reality is neither party wants to do anything about immigration. They talk a good game but they ain't doing shyt.....expect people who didn't do shyt about rent increasing, outsourcing, the fall of manufacturing jobs and more bullshyt over the past 40+ years to do something for the american people brehs :mjlol:

They will only do something about immigration when their coporate donors give them a call :umad:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Y'all see how these agents be on here spewing white supremacist talking points......this the same logic white folks use when talking about slavery "well it was black folks selling black folks"...............get this bullshyt outta here.:camby:
What the fukk is this dumb shyt? Black folks made a mistake and supported a bill that was our undoing. But you have buffoons bringing up the crime bill and not the party who help set the shyt off by drugging our communities. Too many historical literates posters in here

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
What the fukk is this dumb shyt? Black folks made a mistake and supported a bill that was our undoing. But you have buffoons bringing up the crime bill and not the party who help set the shyt off by drugging our communities. Too many historical literates posters in here

Why even mention the fact 55% supported it when black folks were lied to about its real intention?...The black public didn't make a mistake....they were right in wanting reducation of crime in their community they didn't know it was designed to target and mass incarcerate black men.

Clinton knew the real reason behind the crack epidemic and they still went after black men....you political fanatics need to stop waving them pom poms and excusing corruption.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Why even mention the fact 55% supported it when black folks were lied to about its real intention?..
Because the bill was backed by the will of a people broken by a government and party who drugged our community. Im one of the few heads in here old enough to know what the fukk it was like to live through that 80s crack genocide Reagan and his cohorts institutes. The fukk are you talking about?

The crime bill was a response to what the GOP stated.

fukkboys historical illiterates always playing democrat gotcha over shyt started by Republicans.

:camby:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Because the bill was backed by the will of a people broken by a government and party who drugged our community. Im one of the few heads in here old enough to know what the fukk it was like to live through that 80s crack genocide Reagan and his cohorts institutes. The fukk are you talking about?

The crime bill was a response to what the GOP stated.

fukkboys historical illiterates always playing democrat gotcha over shyt started by Republicans.

:camby:

You on here blaming the republicans and black folks for the crime bill while not putting the blame on Dems :mjlol: ....can't even say the dems were wrong for that bullshyt....this is your brain when you dont held elected officials accountable :snoop: