C00n Lerry Elder posts montage of 1990s and 2000s Democrats sounding like 2020s Trump bout immigration and borders

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't work for you clown.
:mjlol:
And barely even read your word salad posts.
This is nothing more than an admission that you're lying. If you can't provide evidence to support your *own* claims, then what is the point of making them other than to mislead people? Oh, right. That's your real goal. It's why you've taken to lying about supporting progressive issues, but have a history of endorsing regressive, right-wing policies that roll back progress. It's why you're in this thread pretending to support criminal justice, but have a history of saying you don't give a fukk how a racist and his administration will harm Black people through rolling back reforms and pushing more extremes. Your only motivation here is to lie in service of people like Trump.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
The most recent comprehensive immigration reform bill had bipartisan support. Both Democrats and even the most conservative Republicans agreed on this bill.

There were enough Democrats who voted in favor of the bill to pass it.

Trump called congressional Republicans and told them to kill the bill because he didn't want the issue fixed before the election.

Kamala has already gone on record to say she would sign the same bill into law if she is elected.

REPUBLICANS KILLED THE IMMIGRATION BILL. If you still think Trump would be better on immigration you're fooling yourself.

He doesn't give a fück or he would have supported passing it immediately. He just wants power.
did you read the actual bill? because they snuck a whole lot of bullshyt in there that has nothing to do with a secure border. I bet you didn't even read it but you just read the headlines.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Back in the "before times" Dems were much more pro enforcement b/c illegal immigration was a threat to their Union member constituents:beli:. You were right that chamber of commerce republicans were more in favor of policies that increased cheap labor.

shyt started to change in the mid-late 2000's through the mid 2010's with a lot of activists on the left side pushing for more friendly policies for latino immigrants. That's when you see Obama and the Dems getting pressed for "DACA" and legalizing "Dreamers." Obama knew he couldn't just legalize these cats and said so:mjpls: but didn't it anyway in the runup to the 2012 election to get the latino vote:obama:

Then the activists started going too far calling for stupid shyt like "Abolish ICE":comeon:

Great point about Unions

Crazy thing is … it was just the other day a report that some Union for the first time has decided not to support neither candidate which is very telling for the Democratic Party … it’s just mind blowing how people don’t realize or even understand that immigration will lower wages throughout the entire country and reduce the work requirement qualities

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are Republicans really trying to act like they didn't get their card pulled on this issue this year?
Then why every national poll show they up big on immigration issue :patrice:
because republicans dont do this :mjlol:

D94JGEFW4AAsE70.jpg

Democrats are so weak and embarrassing on the border, that republicans literally have the leeway to block a border bill, and still be perceived as better on immigration :mjlol:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
did you read the actual bill? because they snuck a whole lot of bullshyt in there that has nothing to do with a secure border. I bet you didn't even read it but you just read the headlines.
Give 60 BILLION dollars to Ukraine, bruhs. They wanted to spend $40 billion MORE on Ukraine then our own border. And then they have the nerve to say we have a bill but they won't pass it. This is the games they play and people just read the headlines.

"The Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023 combines U.S. border security funding with aid for Ukraine. This bill was proposed as a bipartisan effort to address both domestic and international priorities. It includes $60 billion in military and economic aid for Ukraine, which is primarily aimed at supporting Ukraine’s defense against Russian aggression. Additionally, the bill provides $20.23 billion for enhanced U.S. border security efforts, such as funding for personnel, technology, and infrastructure improvements to manage border-related challenges.

This legislation is part of broader discussions in 2023 about pairing Ukraine aid with U.S. domestic security initiatives, and it represents a significant legislative attempt to balance foreign policy objectives with urgent border management concerns"

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
and dems are switching it up now because they are losing voters (especially from black people) and they need the immigrant votes so now they want to bring them in. why else would they care? you think nancy peolsi or kamala cares about immigrants? :russ:
These are asylum seekers, and it's our legal obligation to process their claims in good faith. Many of them are seeking asylum here due to circumstances we have wrought in their home countries. While this may be an oversimplification, maybe if we stopped creating these crises, it could help address the actions and conditions prompting people to flee their countries in the first place.

Undocumented immigrants can't vote, so that angle is stupid.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is nothing more than an admission that you're lying. If you can't provide evidence to support your *own* claims, then what is the point of making them other than to mislead people? Oh, right. That's your real goal. It's why you've taken to lying about supporting progressive issues, but have a history of endorsing regressive, right-wing policies that roll back progress. It's why you're in this thread pretending to support criminal justice, but have a history of saying you don't give a fukk how a racist and his administration will harm Black people through rolling back reforms and pushing more extremes. Your only motivation here is to lie in service of people like Trump.
Are you bucking your eyes again friend?
CMOZ1r.gif

You sound quiet obsessed. But I told you already I don't swing that way. So find someone else to stalk.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is what you do when you know you can't back up your claims. This is exactly why these people aren't serious, and why we need to point out their lies every single time.

He was not expecting anyone to fact-check him on his statement.

He was expecting to drop that half-thought out statement, collect his daps from the TLR Contrarian Brigade, and have his beliefs re-affirmed.

The pushback came from him not wanting to deal with having his views challenged, because cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
There wasn't much there, other than running with the GOP/Trump's talking point that Harris was solely responsible for the southern border.
8Ce2Afj.png

Think about it for two seconds: if it was Harris's sole responsibility and within her power to stem the tide of migrants to the degree you'd be satisfied with...

...why would it be necessary for Congress to pass an immigration bill in the first place?
nCjPmaA.png

No the fück it doesn't :mjlol:

Dems supported the bill. Rethugs killed the bill and admitted it was for helping Trump in the election. Meaning they really don't give a fück about immigration, they're just using it as a boogeyman to hold on to power.

:what:

what do you mean it wasn’t much there in my post , I basically spelled out exactly why the Democrats did what they did

So I guess I’ll have to do it to you for the second time … that immigration bill was crafted by the Republicans and was set to go out long time ago. The Democrats avoided it until immigration became one of the top issues among voters for the 2024 presidential election and the polling showed damn near 70% of the country does not support immigration

Democrats - played Politics As Usual : took that Republican crafted bill , added a whole bunch of pork to it & presented it to the floor

Republicans - played Politics As Usual : shut down that bill even when they know they would’ve pretty much all voted for it even with the added pork a.k.a. additional spending - years ago in a non-election year

now I hope you understand