C00n Lerry Elder posts montage of 1990s and 2000s Democrats sounding like 2020s Trump bout immigration and borders

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It’s either two things either
you are seriously trolling or you don’t have an understanding of politics

False dichotomy.

It's equally possible that you yourself don't understand politics (which you clearly don't.)
several years ago
Republicans would’ve voted for the bill Democrats wouldn’t have voted for the bill

NOW THAT IMMIGRATION IS EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR IN AN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR

Democrats don’t get the right to come back to that same exact bill & put it to the floor for a vote - that makes them full of shyt

Democrats wouldn't have voted for the bill, because Republicans weren't willing to compromise on shyt. However, several factors-- including holding the weakest House majority in US history--drove them to the bargaining table.

My point in asking you what "pork" the Democrats added to the bill was to show that you don't understand what goes into negotiations. $60 billion in aid for Ukraine isn't what I'd consider "pork barrel" spending (I'm sure we have a difference of opinion on Ukraine.)
Ukraine funding would have come up before Congress anyways; this just rolls it all into one bill rather than wasting time and resources doing a separate bill.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You on here blaming the republicans and black folks for the crime bill
YOu're an idiot. I blame Reagan and the GOP for drugging our communities.

I said Black folks made a MISTAKE in backing a bill which was a response to that drugging. I'm not going to say they were wrong for it because, unlike you who are playing Monday morning quarterback, it sounded like the right thing to do in real time back then. You obviously have no clue what it was like to live in a community brand new to the violence of the 80s/90s drug trade that made 55% of a community to back a bill they wanted done.

You're an idiot.

Last edited:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
YOu're an idiot. I blame Reagan and the GOP for drugging our communities.

I said Black folks made a MISTAKE in backing a bill which was a response to that drugging. I'm not going to say they were wrong for it because, unlike you who are playing Monday morning quarterback, it sounded like the right thing to do in real time back then. You obviously have no clue what it was like to live in a community brand new to the violence of the 80s/90s drug trade that made 55% of a community to back a bill they wanted done.

You're an idiot.

Still can't hold the dems accountable.....imagine being this much of a political pawn :snoop:

You are truly a dumbass.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
False dichotomy.

It's equally possible that you yourself don't understand politics (which you clearly don't.)

Democrats wouldn't have voted for the bill, because Republicans weren't willing to compromise on shyt. However, several factors-- including holding the weakest House majority in US history--drove them to the bargaining table.

My point in asking you what "pork" the Democrats added to the bill was to show that you don't understand what goes into negotiations. $60 billion in aid for Ukraine isn't what I'd consider "pork barrel" spending (I'm sure we have a difference of opinion on Ukraine.)
Ukraine funding would have come up before Congress anyways; this just rolls it all into one bill rather than wasting time and resources doing a separate bill.

so you basically gone bat shyt crazy
because all you’re doing now is just moving the goal posts

You literally criticize Republicans for not voting for that bill multiple times , now you’re saying Democrats wouldn’t vote for the same exact bill because the other side wouldn’t compromise

:snoop: and sadly, this is the problem with the current state of the country
people only side with their party rather than acknowledging the facts ; of what’s right and what’s wrong

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
so you basically gone bat shyt crazy

Disagreeing with you does not make me crazy.

You literally criticize Republicans for not voting for that bill multiple times

Correct.

now you’re saying Democrats wouldn’t vote for the same exact bill because the other side wouldn’t compromise

Here's where the bullshït starts.

If there are significant changes to a bill--like adding $60 billion to the spending it approves, for example--then it's not the "same exact bill".

It means concessions were made that fundamentally changed the bill. Even if they're both about immigration reform, that doesn't make them the same.

and sadly, this is the problem with the current state of the country
people only side with their party rather than acknowledging the facts ; of what’s right and what’s wrong

My point is simply this: you said the Republicans didn't vote on the most recent immigration bill because of all the extra "pork" the Democrats added to it. That's complete bullshït.

Congressional Rethugs admitted they would have voted for it--even with all the parts they disagreed with--but they killed the bill only because Trump made that call. These are facts.

It's the same shyt that Republicans pulled with the Affordable Care Act. Republicans talked mad shït about how horrible it was and how it didn't help a good number of Americans--while conveniently leaving out that this was their plan. Republicans gutted many of the provisions of the ACA that would have allowed it to function as intended.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
"Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No, he ain't. Bill did us just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was Ridin' Dirty!!!" - Reverend Jeremiah Wright

One of the funniest things I've ever seen and heard from a pastor. :dead: